Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dreams WTF ?

Comments

• Options
    Mametz said:

Most of my dreams are nonsense but are enjoyable. The other night I dreamt my brother was the lead guitarist and singer with “ Heads, Hands and Feet” and I was watching them do a gig somewhere. I woke up, went to the loo and then got back into bed and started dreaming again. This time I dreamt that I walked into a pub where someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked “ Aren’t you the brother of that bloke in Hands, Hands and Feet? “.

Apart from terrifying nightmares that seemingly pick up like sky plus I have never mastered the art of continuing a dream l, especially the good ones

I once was dancing with Jennifer Lopez who was being really kind and whispering in my ear about how it didn't matter how bad a dancer I was (I promise this isn't getting mucky). Next thing I know I was awoken by some bullshit noise or the need for a piss with a lazy one and upon my return to the land of nod I was observing cross channel ferries loping their way into Dover harbour. All very nice but it isn't Jennifer Lopez whispering in your ear is it
  • Options
    I quite often have dreams about Charlton but things are never quite right (a bit like in real life then). I've dreamt about going into large spacious rooms like Crossbars but having to walk around almost a race course to get there. In another dream The Valley was at the end of Charlton Park near the adventure playground.

Never seem to dream about us winning anything though - just a strange mix of familiar places and unfamiliar in the same setting.
  • Options
    I once dreamt I was taking crack with Peter Frampton. No idea where that one came from.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I get quite a common one (or used to). Dreamt I kept having to resit my a levels (I took them back in 2000). Another one when I was younger used to play out in mrs mangle’s house (from neighbours). Often dream I see plane fall out the sky. Sure they all have meaning and I have many more, just can’t remember a lot of them.

I used to get (and sometimes still get) variants on both of these.

When I'm anxious about something (new job or whatever) I dream I have to sit an A-level exam but I haven't bothered to go to any of the lessons in that subject, or lost my timetable and didn't know when the lessons were.

Also used to dream about hanging out in one of the houses in Neighbours, only for me it was the Robinsons' house.

I sometimes have Charlton-related dreams too, but can never remember specifically what they were about.
  • Options
    The dead visit me in my dreams. My reaction is either “I KNEW you were just hiding somewhere!”’or “I know you shouldn’t be here but I can’t quite put my finger on why...”

I don’t mind it, it’s just a disappointment when I wake up.
  • Options
    If I have a decent nights sleep I will often spend the last few hours in a sort of dreamland where I drop in and out of the dream and often revisit the same dream but with a few changes.

The dreams vary in subject matter, if I am particularly stressed at work I can be revisiting a thorny issue that needs to be solved.

More fun are the ones where I am more or less Han Solo or where past, potential and sometimes even girls I have t met feature heavily. Had one the other night where met this georgeous girl called Edith. Never met an Edith other than in this dream set. I don’t know what I will do if I meet an Edith over the next few weeks. Probably bottle it and not talk to her, be about standard :frowning:
  • Options
    Recently I dreamt that I was sent to the moon. I had to write something in the moon dust with my hand (don't remember what). Then another astronaut was sent up to verify that I'd written it. This would be proof that I actually did land on the moon.
  • Options
    I was having a really interesting (to me) dream just before I woke up this morning. I was digging a hole which is something I have done thousands of times. I was doing a private job for someone and digging a deep hole in their garden so they could have a mobile phone mast in their back garden and the digging was lovely, fine earth. Broke up really easily and I was looking good for a job and knock. Not interesting to anyone else but very satisfying to me

• Options
    Carter said:

I was having a really interesting (to me) dream just before I woke up this morning. I was digging a hole which is something I have done thousands of times. I was doing a private job for someone and digging a deep hole in their garden so they could have a mobile phone mast in their back garden and the digging was lovely, fine earth. Broke up really easily and I was looking good for a job and knock. Not interesting to anyone else but very satisfying to me

Did you have a shit in it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

This hole...... it wasn't in Sparrows lane by chance was it?
    If not can you send Tony your CV. ;)
  • Options
    Goodness me, what is this thread doing to me!

Dreamt Simon Cowell was showing me around his home in Barbados (nice pool by the way) i don't even watch X factor!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Dreams that become reality within hours or days !

Fortunately it only happens in about 10 % of my dreams or otherwise it would be very spooky.

Can't have cats, because wife and daughter sneeze when any come near. Plus love Garden birds so a friendly bucket of water is on standby. So when I had a vivid dream about a cat walking into my lounge via the conservatory it seemed just a boring dream.
    Two days later (summer's day) it happened.
    Not similar but 100% the same as the short dream.
    Have never seen that cat since, or any cat in my garden since.

This dream can be explained as a coincidence but spooky with the timing.
    When I had a dream a passenger plane was flying upside down but not crashing. Have no idea where I was other than being in foreign lands. Then ex work colleagues all turned up and said the plane is missing and were asking questions as if they were police, taking notes on pads and lap tops.

This was about 12 hours before the Malaysian flight went missing after changing direction from the Chinese seas and started heading to the Indian sea.
    This was March 2014 and to this day it has never been explained or wreckage found. (Flight MH370)

• Options
    I quite often wake up in the night, sit upright in bed and think "that was a weird dream", then fall straight asleep again, unable to remember anything about why it was so weird? Really odd.
  • Options
    I occasionally have some bloody odd dreams where I wake up and think I'm still dreaming

It winds my Wife up because whenever it happens to me I end up disturbing her yet one example is that I must have been dreaming about some pills I was having to take for something and had (for some reason left them on the radiator)... Woke up from the dream and looked over at the radiator and of course couldnt see any pills there yet start to freak out and began to hunt around on the floor looking where they had gone

As mention all this woke the wife up who told me I was dreaming so funnily got myself back into bed and immediately fell fast asleep

That was a few years ago and hasnt happened for while, yet last night woke up needing the toilet (Our house is really old so bathroom is downstairs) yet I'd been dreaming that we needed a key card type system to activate the stairs, of course as a result of this I started hunting all over the place for the card, thankfully a small part of my brain must have said "Just bloody go downstairs" so was able to go down to the bathroom without falling into a void where the stairs should have been
  • Options
    I dreamt I spent £300 on a part-year season ticket. I was all pleased with myself until I realised I hadn't checked where it was (far end of the East stand). When I got home, I was expecting a challenge from Mrs Stig on the price I'd paid but she just said, "I thought you were boycotting". Doh!
  • Options
    I was a part of a very difficult project to try and humanise Jacob Rees Mogg. As his mentor/minder I had to collect him from his newly assigned flat (above a shop, just like in the song) and take him down the pub for a booze up. As I got there he started shaking and acting very erratically. Then, he keeled over and died on the battered pine kitchen table that was the only piece of furniture in his cramped filthy hovel. Time must have passed (although I'd gone nowhere), because the undertakers had been, prepared his body and left it under a shroud - still on the kitchen table. I was to perform some sort of vigil.  Now, I've heard of the death rattle and it's capacity to scare the unprepared, but I never knew that corpses could move. Old Jacob kept twitching. First with some subtlety, but gradually with increasing violence. Legs and arms swing out from under the shroud. As he did, I become more curious. Eventually I couldn't hold back and lifted the shroud to see the etiolated lamprey dressed head to toe as a Chelsea Pensioner with a huge black hat. At this point he got of the table and did a dance around the room and I learned that the Old Etonian had more life in him, dead than alive. WTF?        
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I had a weird one last night. Someone organised a kick about for Charlton Life members and they all showed up at my flat (only it was a different flat to my real flat, if that makes sense). I wasn't expecting it and didn't know what was going on. There was about 30 people there, including the likes of NLA and Valley Gary (even though I've never met them and don't know what they look like in real life).
  • Options
    NLA’s the good looking one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Do people actually dream anything to do with Charlton? I don't think I ever have, at least not since I was a kid and was Mendonca's strike partner.
    I dreamt I was playing for Charlton once and I was having a stormer. Everything was coming off for me - then I woke up and I was gutted. I tried to get back to sleep thinking of the game to no avail, and I never had that dream again!!!!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    I dreamt that I was eating a giant marshmallow...when I work up the pillow was gone! Spooky or what?
    Tommy Cooper....circa 1964.
  • Options
    Weirdly dreamed that New Order got back together with Hooky. They played True Faith...
  • Options
    This has reminded me about a dream I had a few nights ago. Now I would like to say I do not dream a lot and certainly not about football however here it is.

We were playing Nottingham Forest and the game was at Wembley, penalty's were just about to start and I was on the perimeter of the pitch chatting to the photographers.

Not much else to say except is this an indicator we could get to the play off final?

• Options
    I had one last night that clearly lays out my current anxieties about Covid and Charlton whilst giving a nod to Charltonparklane's excellent Lego model:

Act 1: The state of lockdown has stopped the football programme with a few games to go and with Charlton in the relegation zone. The authorities are desperate to find a way of settling the season and, under pressure from the likes of Liverpool and Leeds, insist on promotions and relegations (everyone with me so far?). They decide to settle the season using some mathematical algorithm that would see Charlton relegated.   

Act 2: We are in a courtroom and I am a hotshot lawyer. I give a rousing speech outlining exactly why the season should either be finished in its entirety or nullified. I sum up by saying that as the League didn't like finishing things properly, they'd obviously be happy foregoing their right to reply. Obviously they aren't happy, but despite their victorian protests (they are all dressed up like the Fat Controller) the judge agrees with me.

Act 2: The season restarts (I've no idea how the Corona problem was solved). Charlton now have just two matches to play. For reasons that I don't understand, we face Southampton away and at home. I don't understand the mathematics but all we had to do was maintain a goal difference of -2 over the course of these two matches to stay up. At St Mary's, The Saints were all over us but only managed to win by 1-0, meaning a 1 goal defeat or better at The Valley would see us safe. On match day I approached the game from Floyd Road, but as I reached Harvey Gardens I could see that the stadium had been dismantled and was laying all over the road in the style of lego bricks.  As we approached were were handed leaflets saying that the ground was too expensive to run and that to save money the board were sending it to Big Yellow Storage for safe keeping.

Act 4: I woke up screaming.
  • Options
    I dreamt last night that Daniel Radcliffe made me a fried egg sandwich.

Who knows what that means.