Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Ben18 said:
    “Is tea ready?”
    "We'll do a few overs of the second innings"

Actually, that is what they're going to do, so
  • Options
    Well. Could have made plans to go out tonight after all instead of staying in to watch a thrilling end at 10pm! 😳
  • Options
    @lolwray hope you made it. Could you do me a favour and let me know if poss if there is any windes Merch for sale? They didn’t have anything when we were there but I promised someone a West Indies cap (maroon) but couldn’t get one for love nor money. Wondered if they had them for the 1days/2020’s and not the test. Unlikely but thought I’d ask as you’re there. I will transfer dosh to you now if so! Enjoy the pitons and rum punch /dumplings and fish cakes. This is agony watching on the tv. Wish I was there. Currently plotting SA for January to cheer ourselves up. 
    You can get everything you want Windies at Bridgetown airport, big shop there. Not a branch in Sidcup though. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Riviera said:
    @lolwray hope you made it. Could you do me a favour and let me know if poss if there is any windes Merch for sale? They didn’t have anything when we were there but I promised someone a West Indies cap (maroon) but couldn’t get one for love nor money. Wondered if they had them for the 1days/2020’s and not the test. Unlikely but thought I’d ask as you’re there. I will transfer dosh to you now if so! Enjoy the pitons and rum punch /dumplings and fish cakes. This is agony watching on the tv. Wish I was there. Currently plotting SA for January to cheer ourselves up. 
    You can get everything you want Windies at Bridgetown airport, big shop there. Not a branch in Sidcup though. 
    The guy who wants it is from Jamaica and has been after one for 15 years. St Lucia airport was my only hope but it was terrible and no West Indies stuff at all. My next hope is Lords in the summer at the world cup. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thomas didn’t look too chuffed with his award for player of match. Mumble mumble. 
  • Options
    We are favourites for the World Cup for a reason and that is our ability to score 350-450 on decent tracks. There has to be a concern that we don't adapt when there is something in the wicket - you give yourself little or no chance when you are all out with 22 overs still to go. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Riviera said:
    The guy who wants it is from Jamaica and has been after one for 15 years. St Lucia airport was my only hope but it was terrible and no West Indies stuff at all. My next hope is Lords in the summer at the world cup. 
    Hi @suzisausage I didn't go today just chilling on the beach and getting ribbed by the staff at my resort due to the result...if I come across a Windies cap at the ground ..I 'll be at 20/20 ..I 'll get one and we 'll sort it when I get back ..@Riviera is right a big store at bridgetown....must admit I didn't see .much in the grounds in Barbados and grenada ( the locals can just about afford the price for tickets...also unfair that you can't bring your own alcohol on the locals) 

St Lucia is also popular with visitors from the states..one of them just complemented me on my English which was good of him ...
  • Options
    We are favorites for the World Cup for a reason and that is our ability to score 350-450 on decent tracks. There has to be a concern that we don't adapt when there is something in the wicket - you give yourself little or no chance when you are all out with 22 overs still to go. 
    The pitches for the WC will suit our current method. The ICC are in charge of preparation and we won't come against anything other than good tracks. However that makes for boring cricket overall I think, matches with aggregates of 700-850 runs aren't much fun when you have them all the time. The WC goes on from May to July with about 50 matches. Could be a real Zedfest. 
  • Options
    We lost 5 wickets for 2 runs. This should be noted on this thread. 
  • Options
    England are too one dimensional , we play one way only and i fear that in the WC we'll go out after one these pathetic batting collapses 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England are too one dimensional , we play one way only and i fear that in the WC we'll go out after one these pathetic batting collapses 
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    England win the toss and will bowl.

Have to make the most of this one because I believe that Sky don't have the rights for any of the other T20s. 

• Options
    edited March 2019
    lolwray said:
    Riviera said:
    Hi @suzisausage I didn't go today just chilling on the beach and getting ribbed by the staff at my resort due to the result...if I come across a Windies cap at the ground ..I 'll be at 20/20 ..I 'll get one and we 'll sort it when I get back ..@Riviera is right a big store at bridgetown....must admit I didn't see .much in the grounds in Barbados and grenada ( the locals can just about afford the price for tickets...also unfair that you can't bring your own alcohol on the locals) 

St Lucia is also popular with visitors from the states..one of them just complemented me on my English which was good of him ...
    Thank you so much!!! @lolwray

Enjoy the game. Walk back to Gros islet on the road (instead of a bus) and visit the rum bar halfway where the wild horses are for a rum punch on your way home. (It’s an off licence essentially with a bigger outside seating area!) 

what you wearing we’ll try to spot you! More shots of crowd since we were there as more people there!!!! (And more 6’s)
  • Options
    What a catch!!!!!! Jordan! Better than Ali/Broad from the test? 
  • Options
    This squad reminds me of England's strength in depth in the shorter formats. Sam Curran and Malan not even getting in a much changed side. 

Must say batting order looks a bit wrong. Would have Denly opening and Billings at 3. Also Bairstow to keep ahead of Billings? That decision must have been made thinking about if Buttler gets injured in the world cup. No chance of Bairstow being a better keeper than Sam. 
  • Options
    Charlton shirt spotted in the crowd earlier.
  • Options
    Enjoyed seeing Denly and Billings in the middle together.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Riviera said:

Thank you so much!!! @lolwray

Enjoy the game. Walk back to Gros islet on the road (instead of a bus) and visit the rum bar halfway where the wild horses are for a rum punch on your way home. (It’s an off licence essentially with a bigger outside seating area!) 

what you wearing we’ll try to spot you! More shots of crowd since we were there as more people there!!!! (And more 6’s)
    Hi @suzisausage nothing I could see i 'll look at airport..incidentally you can get a lot of stuff like this on Amazon 

I suppose you can say that England were efficient in the way they beat Windies...Rashid was our best bowler..was pleasantly surprised by Denlys bowling and billings is one hell of a fielder 
  • Options
    WI won the toss & chose to bowl.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Ramprakash been sacked. Goes after WC and won't be involved in Ashes. Thorpe tipped to take his role. I think we have far too may coaches etc but if we are going to have them then this is a good move. Just need to get rid of Trevor Clueless now. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Ramprakash been sacked. Goes after WC and won't be involved in Ashes. Thorpe tipped to take his role
    Good 
  • Options
    15-1

Bairstow c Bishoo b Cottrell 12
  • Options
    27-2

Hales c Brathwaite b Allen
  • Options
    Morgan c Hope b Brathwaite 1

29-3             4.1 overs
  • Options
    32-4

Denly b Allen 2
  • Options
    Root run out 55

114-5        15.5 overs
  • Options
    Fantastic batting Bilbo 87 off 47 balls

England 182-6 off 20
  • Options
    Billings takes 22 from 5 balls of last over  before getting caught last ball. 

182-6    Billings c Hope b McCoy 87
    Willey 13 no. 
  • Options
    Kent save England there.