Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Brathwaite b Wood 13
    237-6
  • Options
    Hetmyer will become a superstar. 
    Mark my words 
  • Options
    289-6    Hetmeyer 104 no.
    Eng need 290 to win. 
  • Options
    Bairstow lbw Cottrell 0

1-1
  • Options
    Roy b Cottrell 2

10-2
  • Options
    This is where England can show why they will win the World Cup. We all know they can blast 350+ on a flat wicket, but can they grind out wins after being 10-2 without playing too aggressively 
  • Options
    Root c Hope b Thomas 36
    63-3
  • Options
    Can't work out why Rashid only bowled 6 overs.
  • Options
    140-3      26 overs
  • Options
    When did the tv commentary and “analysis” on sky sports become so shit for ODI’s? 
    Especially baffling given how well the English lads are doing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Morgan c Hetmeyer b Cottrell 70
    159-4.
  • Options
    Can't work out why Rashid only bowled 6 overs.
    In the last match Morgan brought Rashid on too late so he was forced to bowl at the death and still not compete his overs. In this match he brought him on early and he got the big wicket of Gayle forgot to bowl him again after the 29th over.

Morgan clearly rates Moeen more but the figures don't lie as to who, of the two, has been more effective :

Moeen......17-0-136-0
    Rashid......15-0-102-4

• Options
    Stokes c Hope b Holder 79

228-5       62 req'd from 60
  • Options
    Buttler c Hetmyer b Holder 34

233-6
  • Options
    Curran lbw Holder 0

233-7
  • Options
    Curran didn't look like lbw & it shouldn't have been. Now Holder drops a dolly from Rashid
  • Options
    Just caught myself thinking this was a low scoring game.

It wasn't that long ago that I'd have been delighted with 250! 
  • Options
    DRS not fit for purpose again. Supposed to eliminate errors/howlers.....try telling Curran that. 

Got me be a better way than "using up your reviews". Double penalty perhaps. Duran reviews knowing he is not out......if out then penalty runs added. That or the decision is taken away from the batsman......a bit like VAR. To add to that I reckon Stokes only reviewed his because he was set & didn't want to get out (see his reaction afterwards-throwing pads away & stomping off). Selfish twat. 

• Options
    250-7

40 needed from 30   cracking game.
  • Options
    Going to the wire!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rashid c Hope b Cottrell 15

260-8

30 req'd off 21.
  • Options
    261-9

Moeen b Cottrell 12
  • Options
    Well bowled - shame you celebrate like a bellend.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Plunkett c Holder b Brathwaite 2

263 All Out

WI win by 26 runs.
  • Options
    DRS not fit for purpose again. Supposed to eliminate errors/howlers.....try telling Curran that. 

Got me be a better way than "using up your reviews". Double penalty perhaps. Duran reviews knowing he is not out......if out then penalty runs added. That or the decision is taken away from the batsman......a bit like VAR. To add to that I reckon Stokes only reviewed his because he was set & didn't want to get out (see his reaction afterwards-throwing pads away & stomping off). Selfish twat. 

DRS quite fit for purpose in this occasion. two umpiring decisions, one was a howler which DRS should have corrected. However because of our stupidity we used the review when Stokes obviously knew he had it. You could tell that by his reaction in the way he panickley looked looked to see whether the wicketkeeper would catch it
  • Options
    I never like to see England lose. However anybody else think this was a much more enjoyable game when there is something in the pitch for the bowlers, not much but something. Load less runs but better game! 
  • Options
    That is gonna be our  World Cup semi final performance right there. 
  • Options
    Curran didn't look like lbw & it shouldn't have been. Now Holder drops a dolly from Rashid

makes a good case for more than one review (i.e. two) in 50/50 games, especially when one of the umpires is an inexperienced 'local'
  • Options
    this game was the one that got away .. but makes for a more interesting next three games
  • Options
    3rd ODI - start delayed rain.