Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Oh my word
  • Options

Not the worst way to end your ten over spell!
  • Options
    What a great game.
  • Options
    Very, very entertaining and you cannot say that a lot about ODI's, well I can't.
  • Options
    What a finish
  • Options
    Moeen is going through one of those spells when he doesn't look like he's either capable of taking a wicket or containing. His figures for this series are 19-0-167-0 
  • Options
    Moeen is going through one of those spells when he doesn't look like he's either capable of taking a wicket or containing. His figures for this series are 19-0-167-0 
    Normally when he's bowling badly he's batting well (and vice versa). It's very much like in his head he is incapable of believing he can do both. So it becomes self fulfilling. Ones goes well so he expects the other to fsil so it does. 

It seems right now he's not batting well either.
  • Options
    Rash decision
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know I've raised this before but it never ceases to amaze me how many left handed batsmen there are. Previously I've compared it to golf where you are lucky to find three or four lefties in the top hundred in the world - as against this game where there were no less than nine left handers with the Windies providing six of them.

The other thing I can't understand is why there is such a massive difference between the pro game and club cricket. From my five decades of playing and watching club cricket I would say that the norm would be to have maybe one or two left handers at most in a side - I cannot ever recall playing in one with more than three. Yet England, the Windies and Australia are three countries to have sent sides out with more than half the team filled with left handers in recent years.

Why is this? Is it that left handers are seen as having an advantage so are promoted more when they are young? Or that a batsman should be top hand dominated which is why right handed users but left handed batsmen are, generally speaking, more technically correct than their right handed user/right handed batsmen counterparts and consequently go further in the game?
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Lolwray reporting from Grenada 

The boundaries were short but it made for a great game ..frankly I am Still reeling .

I feel honoured to have witnessed a great game in such a beautiful spot ..if you ever get the chance to come here ,cricket or no cricket ,I urge you to take it 
    Sounds like you're having a great time. Jealous? Not much!!! 
  • Options
    Messrs Moeen Ali, Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes are going to be missing the T20 series against the West Indies and fly home - so they can rest up for the IPL!

The final two Twenty20s are not scheduled to be shown on Sky television in the UK due to their sitting outside the original rights package. Cricket West Indies is currently  in negotiations with Sony, the host broadcaster, in an effort to change this.
    Be interesting to see if England are as careful about how they manage Mark Wood's health over the coming few months. Numerous back and hip problems have dogged what would have been a far more fluent international career of England's fastest test bowler currently in the squad - Overton (both J and C), Stone and Barber are actually a bit quicker more consistently of late but then again, Wood has been hurt.
    Wood has lengthened his run up in order to reduce the stress on his body and he's confident it's working.
    Yeah we saw Broad and Finn do that, but the latter still suffered problems when he shortened his run up. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:

The boundaries were short but it made for a great game ..frankly I am Still reeling .

I feel honoured to have witnessed a great game in such a beautiful spot ..if you ever get the chance to come here ,cricket or no cricket ,I urge you to take it 
    @lolwray make sure you head to the Gros Islet street party tonight!!! We were there 3 weeks ago before the test and it’s brilliant! 
  • Options
    Moeen is bowling beautifully in Tests though. This has been a ridiculous series played on roads with short boundaries. Unfair to say he's bowling badly based on this. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:

@lolwray make sure you head to the Gros Islet street party tonight!!! We were there 3 weeks ago before the test and it’s brilliant! 
    I 'll do my best @suzi@suzisausage but I am on a delayed connecting flight via Trinidad at moment...thanks for the shout though 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:

I 'll do my best @suzi@suzisausage but I am on a delayed connecting flight via Trinidad at moment...thanks for the shout though 
    It’ll be going for quite a while! 
  • Options
    I know I've raised this before but it never ceases to amaze me how many left handed batsmen there are. Previously I've compared it to golf where you are lucky to find three or four lefties in the top hundred in the world - as against this game where there were no less than nine left handers with the Windies providing six of them.

The other thing I can't understand is why there is such a massive difference between the pro game and club cricket. From my five decades of playing and watching club cricket I would say that the norm would be to have maybe one or two left handers at most in a side - I cannot ever recall playing in one with more than three. Yet England, the Windies and Australia are three countries to have sent sides out with more than half the team filled with left handers in recent years.

Why is this? Is it that left handers are seen as having an advantage so are promoted more when they are young? Or that a batsman should be top hand dominated which is why right handed users but left handed batsmen are, generally speaking, more technically correct than their right handed user/right handed batsmen counterparts and consequently go further in the game?
    And this article serves to answer my question - basically we've been teaching our kids to bat the wrong way round and those that bat left handed but are naturally right handed (and vice versa) have a better chance of making it professionally:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2016/03/23/cricketers-have-been-holding-their-bats-wrong-say-scientists/
  • Options
    England batting. 2 wickets down in first 6 overs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a great batting wicket, looks a bit sticky. The boundaries are longer. 300 will be a decent score. 
  • Options
    58-3 after 11 overs. Hales our for 23 in the previous over.
  • Options
    76-4 Morgan out. 16 gone.
  • Options
    @lolwray hope you made it. Could you do me a favour and let me know if poss if there is any windes Merch for sale? They didn’t have anything when we were there but I promised someone a West Indies cap (maroon) but couldn’t get one for love nor money. Wondered if they had them for the 1days/2020’s and not the test. Unlikely but thought I’d ask as you’re there. I will transfer dosh to you now if so! Enjoy the pitons and rum punch /dumplings and fish cakes. This is agony watching on the tv. Wish I was there. Currently plotting SA for January to cheer ourselves up. 
  • Options
    88-5 Stokes gone
  • Options
    Um
  • Options
    Er...
  • Options
    ...yeah, so that happened
  • Options
    I like the strategy. Don’t give too much away, let everyone get out there and face a few balls.

Puts us in good shape heading into the WC.
  • Options
    “Is tea ready?”