Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** CharltonLife Poker Tournament - Call for Players for 2020 ***

Comments

• Options

Definitely mate, happy to setup a new thread and keep @sadiejane1981 format.

One question, what stakes did you guys play for back then?

We played $5.50 - $11 mainly, i know there was the odd $3.30 thrown in. 

I dont keep much funds on there as i play on sky but i will always play if im available 
  • Options
    I think we need to work out a date... i imagine as its lockdown this should be easier than it has been in the past. 

Whos going to arrange or do another thread? @sadiejane1981
    @DoctorCharlton

good to see people are keen, i reckon we should get one going one night this week as a feeler and maybe sunday? or just sunday
     Most people are stuck at home so I see no reason why we can’t have a couple a week . 
    Money is a good reason 
  • Options
    I think we need to work out a date... i imagine as its lockdown this should be easier than it has been in the past. 

@DoctorCharlton

good to see people are keen, i reckon we should get one going one night this week as a feeler and maybe sunday? or just sunday
     Most people are stuck at home so I see no reason why we can’t have a couple a week . 
    Money is a good reason 
    If someone doesn't have the money then they shouldn't play but i don't see why it should stop people who do ?. 
  • Options

@DoctorCharlton

Money is a good reason 
    If someone doesn't have the money then they shouldn't play but i don't see why it should stop people who do ?. 
    I believe I made you an admin. So feel free to set up as many games as you like. Was thinking perhaps we should have a permanently open side cash table so anyone in the club that’s online can pop on and play for a bit if they wish? 
  • Options
    I'll be back again if PS ever get round to unlocking my account - messaged them weeks ago!
  • Options
    I'll be back again if PS ever get round to unlocking my account - messaged them weeks ago!

I logged on to my stars account and have noticed the same... how frustrating.

• Options
    Would be good to restart a league
    Does everyone still have theirs I wonder? I still have mine I know x
  • Options
    I’d be up for an entrance fee tournament, but not cash games. That way lies ruin. 
  • Options
    Would be good to restart a league
    That's quality!

Why don't we start a new thread with a league format. Say 2 tourney's per week, one $5 and one $10 buy in? Over 4 weeks so 8 games in total?

Not sure how that compares to previous leagues or how your previous leagues are scored/formatted? I've never done a league before, but I think it's a great idea.

I've created a new account on stars too, cba waiting weeks for support. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have now submitted my request to join the club @sadiejane1981

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d be up for an entrance fee tournament, but not cash games. That way lies ruin. 
    Not sure the open cash table generated any interest, was all entrance fee tournies. We played Brighton once if I recall, can't remember how it panned out, except - couple of homophobic 'bants' and we all hate palace. 
  • Options
    I have that trophy, actually from a poker forum tour thing they done. was about 45 runners lol but not one from CL poker days, i think i was always there abouts (selective memory) 

Not fussed about leaderboard / trophies, i think every week might be ok now during lockdown but after unlikely. Need to pick a day that suits people, during lockdown i am reliable can pretty much play anytime (borrowing stepdads laptop lol) but after can be a bit of nightmare as i play pool alot , set nights and then some scattered eg. cups/ with mates. but i will always try to play. 

I think set the bar low do a $3.30 one  and $11 on the same night but maybe like one at 6, another at 8/830 just to gauge interest. i do enjoy the home games a bit more interactive to the normal 4-6 tables and i dont really play stars as its bigger fields and tougher :) 
  • Options
    As you said during lockdown, I’m available any time.

Thursday 6pm anyone? 
  • Options
    I’ll be in, hopefully I’m still a member on the home games
  • Options
    Available anytime, earlier the better - drinking too much
  • Options
    I’ll be in, hopefully I’m still a member on the home games
    Just had a look - you are. 80+members
  • Options
    Hadn't seen this before, I'm in - will join the Poker Stars club today
  • Options
    As you said during lockdown, I’m available any time.

Thursday 6pm anyone? 
    I can do day, i finish at 6pm, but can register and still play from that time. Work from home so probably could get away with slightly earlier but not ideal eg. 5pm :):wink:
  • Options
    only problem with Thursday pm, will have to sit out for a few minutes at 8pm 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joined. 

• Options
    only problem with Thursday pm, will have to sit out for a few minutes at 8pm 
    Can you not schedule breaks for a certain time on home matches? 

• Options

It’s not been on the window seal ever since 😃
  • Options
    Having issues getting pokerstars on chrome book will need to use other halves laptop but he’s working on it at the moment so will get on ASAP  
  • Options
    Here
  • Options
    I see no problem with it being Thursday, either we can all sit out for 1 minute or just clap in front of your laptop/desktop. You can do it wherever 
  • Options
    Ok I am in then.   So do we have a date and time for the first one ? :-)
  • Options
    Hoping for 6pm Thursday.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yep, available anytime, who can set up the game on our ps home game ? @sadiejane1981