Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    Sancho hasn’t done one thing right since he’s come on
  • Options
    Think we’ve played pretty well 
    So do I 
  • Options
    What, England's best player, how dare you :wink:
  • Options
    He reminds me of how Sterling was about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    The biggest disappointment of not advancing in the Nations League is as already mentioned... We'll now play twelve World Cup Qualifiers against Nations we'll be expected to thrash and most games we probably will

It wont tell us anything about the England team as any games against big nations will have to be friendlies

Had we advanced in this we'll have had ten World Cup Qualifiers and two competitive games against the likes of France and Germany / Spain
  • Options
    Surely Southgate has been watching Grealish in training and yet he STILL refused to pick him to start until Grealish and the public forced him!

TOO NEGATIVE
    PLAY BLOODY FODEN!
    RICE IS SHITE
  • Options
    3rd in the group. Southgate for a knighthood. 
  • Options
    He doesn't seem to know what his options in advance of receiving the ball - first he had an opportunity to hit a cross shot but took an extra touch instead and then had ample space to run with the ball but turned back on himself instead
  • Options
    Why the fuck is there a #WeAreBelgium flag behind the goal??? 
    Thought they spoke Flemish 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saying we dominated the game that we lost 2-0 is so small-time. 
  • Options
    Dier and Rice nowhere near good enough at this level  . Having doubts about Mount and Sancho as well   . Take Grealish and Kane out of the team  , we are bang average . 
  • Options
    Do you spout the same negative shite after a Charlton game or do you just save it all up for England?
    I forgot you speak for all England fans
  • Options
    Grealish, Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling.

Pick 3 of 5 and put Foden behind and you’re laughing.
  • Options
    Do you spout the same negative shite after a Charlton game or do you just save it all up for England?
    If we set up like we were terrified of a team we should be challenging. Concede two easy goals and then fail to have a clear-cut chance outside of one header in the rest of the game. Sure.  
  • Options
    Yes we have to BEAT good teams whereas we are setting up to hopefully NOT LOSE.

Completely different mindset.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Reality is we lost the game in the first half.  Anyone can look OK in a second half where the other team shut up shop.
    I respect a lot of people on here defending Southgate and the performance,  but the reality is we don't play to our strengths. The only left field pick in recent times was Cody. We missed him out there tonight. 
    Afraid Southgate is not ruthless enough. Too loyal to average players like Dier, Mings, Rice and Pickford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dier and Rice nowhere near good enough at this level  . Having doubts about Mount and Sancho as well   . Take Grealish and Kane out of the team  , we are bang average . 
    Add Sterling and Rashford though and Kane / Grealish will get a lot more space... Belgium were happy to crowd those two out tonight as there was no outlet

Add a passer (Foden) and Sterling / Rashford and there would have been a lot more freedom for Kane and Grealish as Belgium wont have gotten tight to them else Sterling and Rashford would have had so much freedom
  • Options
    mI forgot you speak for all England fans
    what?

Have a look through every England thread on here. Most people criticise and praise but he has a massive agenda with Southgate, he thinks Sancho should have the team built around him and Daniel James plays for England.

im not sure what you’re talking about.

Maybe speak for all England fans was unnecessary, but i think he had a point. Although we played ok at times we huffed and puffed and lost 2-0 against a team who didn't really get out of second gear. And Daniel  James for England?! Fair enough i must have missed that
  • Options
    If we set up like we were terrified of a team we should be challenging. Concede two easy goals and then fail to have a clear-cut chance outside of one header in the rest of the game. Sure.  
    If I had Dier CB I’d be terrified of Woking let alone Lukaku and Belgium. That’s a criticism of Southgate btw, I have no idea why that useless prick gets picked for the squad let alone the starting lineup. Mourinho rates him as well so I must be missing something. A shit pass from the above and a poor ref decision put us 2 nil down. As I said, Kane wasn’t clinical or alive enough tonight (do we just fuck him off as well?). A poor result but the performance wasn’t bad at all.
  • Options
    The two results against Denmark have really been our downfall. We could’ve afforded to drop points tonight if we had of beaten them home and away, instead we took just one point. Think back to that midfield of Philips and Rice in Denmark and despair. 
  • Options
    Thought that was our best performance in this group stage. Their goals came with a good amount of fortune (2nd wasn't a FK IMO, but great strike) which we didn't quite get. Hopefully, that's just the start of things for Grealish with England. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I can't remember a series of more negative England lineups than under Southgate in this tournament. And this is when we've never had an array of more attacking talent. I listen to his interviews and I think he's lost it, to be honest. He is way too concerned with how the media narrative will be after a game and sometimes even admits his lineup was predicated on that. 

Belgium are one of the best teams in the world so it's no shame losing to them, but results do matter in international football. In fact, in tournaments they're the only thing that matter. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Laddick01 said:
    Grealish, Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling.

Pick 3 of 5 and put Foden behind and you’re laughing.
    If Southgate wasn't so negative and worried so much about our defence then we could actually play a front three of Rashford, Kane and Sterling with Grealish and Foden feeding them. Henderson would be the sitter in front of a back four.

What's different about that and when City play Sterling, Aguero and Mahrez up top with the likes of KDB plus one from Foden/Bernardo Silva/David Silva behind and a Fernandinho or Gundogan sitting?

Play to your strengths not your weaknesses.
    Spot on. Picking 3 attacking players is a given, we have enough quality players to pick more.

Pick a back 4 with Henderson, Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Sterling and Kane and we've got a chance. We may well lose, but if we lose with a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders then Southgate is going to get slaughtered.
  • Options
    Defensively we are clearly not very strong, I get that Southgate plays 2 defensive midfielders. But with the attacking players we have we have enough to out score teams. The problem is it’s always going to be tough if you give the opposition a 2 goal head start. 

We seem to get a flurry of players coming through from a certain position but have a massive gap in another. Not so long ago we had King, Terry, Carragher, Campbell and Ferdinand to pick from at the back, now we have no real quality there. 

Mount wide of front 3 really doesn’t work. Obviously it will be sterling when he is fit.

Thought we played well last night and not really concerned about the result. 

I know one thing, we can’t persist with Dier and I honestly don’t quite know what Rice offers.