Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options

We should be grateful that Jim White gave airtime to a Third tier football club as we live in the era of the Champions League and the elite Premier League and screw the majority of EFL clubs
    Getting Roland Duchatelet to speak on a national if dubious quality radio station with more adverts than listeners was still a decent effort.
    The fact that he confirmed that he or someone close monitors the postings of CL and ROT/CARD/VOTV etc are interesting as it's good that he checks up on his naughty children.
    So many porkies but to say the price he sells at doesn't matter is utter Flemish fuckery and Walloon wankery because his own Giant eccentric Ego won't let him sell before it reaches a upwardly mobile Championship price and not the price for a mid table League 1 club where we find ourselves under his toss ridden tenure.

Whatever league we're in RD ìs a good story - the sort of character you couldn't script.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    clive said:

The interview discussed at length this morning on TalkSPORT,with Simon Jordan & Bob Mills,with Jordan backing our fans & describing RD's views as absolute 'tosh'.

Do you know what time that was? this I have to hear to believe. Hell has frozen over if Simon Jordan is backing us as fans......either that or Roland is that much of a twonk
  • Options

clive said:

The interview discussed at length this morning on TalkSPORT,with Simon Jordan & Bob Mills,with Jordan backing our fans & describing RD's views as absolute 'tosh'.

Do you know what time that was? this I have to hear to believe. Hell has frozen over if Simon Jordan is backing us as fans......either that or Roland is that much of a twonk
    In the first half-hour of the Jim White show,between 10-10.30 on catch-up,when available.
  • Options

Roland thinks Murray is a “super guy” - I expect that is enough for Jordan to side against him.

I think Charlton fans and Jordan sadly have a similar opinion about RM now.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Roland thinks Murray is a “super guy” - I expect that is enough for Jordan to side against him.

I think Charlton fans and Jordan sadly have a similar opinion about RM now.
    Absolutely - Murray is an weasel
  • Options
    If he had spoken to Powell when he first bought the club and said, what do you need to get promotion, then supported him (I'm sure Powell wouldn't have made ridiculous demands) and then gave Powell a season. Well things are likely to have turned out differently. This was never going to happen though, because he bought us as part of his master plan which soon became apparent to everybody but him was a stupid unworkable plan!
  • Options

Conversely, Jordan must have a soft spot for you then Airman :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have not listened but interested to know when he was asked about the price was it clear whether his response that it did not matter mean he would essentially accept anything or did he mean ‘that is not relevant here... ie I am not going to talk about that’?

Sounded to me like it was definitely the latter. He just wanted to shut down all discussion about it.
  • Options

I have not listened but interested to know when he was asked about the price was it clear whether his response that it did not matter mean he would essentially accept anything or did he mean ‘that is not relevant here... ie I am not going to talk about that’?

Sounded to me like it was definitely the latter. He just wanted to shut down all discussion about it.
    Exactly, Jim could have pinned him down on this. He could have asked "does this mean you will accept a lower price?", but he didnt really.
  • Options
    Simon Jordan's views on the interview can be heard again here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1540980000/
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options

Bitter ex-employee, no, not Airman, given right of reply tomorrow I hear.

• Options

supaclive said:

I've met and am doing business with Chris Wilder's agent. We discussed Charlton in our first meeting. Chris knew how much of a basket case the owner was and when Sheff Utd came calling there was never any doubt.

Nothing to do with the fans.

Obviously.

Maybe you can let his agent know what RD said yesterday on National Radio, be interesting his views on it.

Also in doing so if you can get a message to Chris from me to say thank you, Sheff United have come good.

Albeit a little later than expected :-)
  • Options
    clive said:

Fast forward to 21min 30s & stay with it to 29 min 40s as he returns to the subject at the end after taking a detour to other issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:

clive said:

Fast forward to 21min 30s & stay with it to 29 min 40s as he returns to the subject at the end after taking a detour to other issues.
    Interesting listen - couldn't be any more damning of RD.
  • Options
    clive said:

I can't find a listen again with Heather's interview.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

clive said:

I can't find a listen again with Heather's interview.
    Don't think there is one at the moment.
  • Options

We should be grateful that Jim White gave airtime to a Third tier football club as we live in the era of the Champions League and the elite Premier League and screw the majority of EFL clubs
    Getting Roland Duchatelet to speak on a national if dubious quality radio station with more adverts than listeners was still a decent effort.
    The fact that he confirmed that he or someone close monitors the postings of CL and ROT/CARD/VOTV etc are interesting as it's good that he checks up on his naughty children.
    So many porkies but to say the price he sells at doesn't matter is utter Flemish fuckery and Walloon wankery because his own Giant eccentric Ego won't let him sell before it reaches a upwardly mobile Championship price and not the price for a mid table League 1 club where we find ourselves under his toss ridden tenure.

Actually TalkSport is called the largest sports radio station in the world so I don't think you can say it's a "dubious quality radio station with more adverts than listeners".
  • Options
    dwb said:

Actually TalkSport is called the largest sports radio station in the world so I don't think you can say it's a "dubious quality radio station with more adverts than listeners".
    Can I say its a very dubious station ?
  • Options

When Simon Jordan comes out on national radio on our side, you know just how bad things are with Roland.

Does the phrase "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend" apply for Jordan?