Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best gadget you own and why?

Comments

• The tv - LG Oled65b7v  £1899.
    Don't suppose anyone would remember but I made a thread last year about 75 inch tv's as I was deciding which one to get. Ended up going a bit smaller but not regretted it at all.
  • My Japanese kitchen wives. I'm not disclosing the prices.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Keys, phone, wallet. I take them with me everywhere I go and find them so handy. 
  • Being a plumber it’s got to be my wet vac. Brought one about 6 months ago. Why did not I buy one sooner. No emptying cisterns with a sponge. Perfect for blockages on sinks/basins/showers. Definitely recommend one 
  • Meditation stool ... fucking magic 
  • My cordwangle.

(With thanks to Kenneth Williams)
  • Extendable back scratcher one of the best presents ever
  • red10 said:
    Quite like this brolly ... very well made.   :D

https://youtu.be/QdLiU8Tt0f0

Why on earth would you want to do that with an umbrella? 
    There’s no doubt that that guy has some serious issues.
  • red10 said:
    Quite like this brolly ... very well made.   :D

https://youtu.be/QdLiU8Tt0f0

Why on earth would you want to do that with an umbrella? 
    There’s no doubt that that guy has some serious issues.
    He was feeling under the weather.
  • Solidgone said:
    Bottle opener oh and corkscrew when travelling in France and Spain.
    Shit. Just on the coach to the airport heading to France and just realised I’ve forgotten my corkscrew. 😕
    Plenty of “wine” available in screw-top bottles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bluetooth headphones, £25 on Amazon, ruddy brilliant.
  • In all seriousness my long handled shoe horn is a godsend when you have a bad back.
  • seth plum said:
    In all seriousness my long handled shoe horn is a godsend when you have a bad back.
    Yeah.. I could do a shoe horn actually...
  • seth plum said:
    In all seriousness my long handled shoe horn is a godsend when you have a bad back.

Good call. In the same vein when my back goes (every couple of years or so) I would kill for a gadget to get my underpants on. 
    Are they Anker omes? Genuinely believe you can't get better at the same price point 
  • cafcpolo said:
    I purchased a Phillips Perfectdraft beer pump recently. Outstanding bit of kit!
    cafcpolo said:
    MrOneLung said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Looking at the kegs, you are paying £3 a pint to drink at home which seems quite expensive. 
    Initially yes, but with Beer Hawk for example. You can buy 4 for 90quid, which is £2.15 per pint. Then you get a fiver for each keg returned. That's then 70quid for 42 pints which works out at £1.66 per pint! 
    MrOneLung said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Looking at the kegs, you are paying £3 a pint to drink at home which seems quite expensive. 
    I have one too. As mentioned you get £5 per barrel returned but you can get "short date" barrels for £20 (so £15 after returning the barrel) which works out at just over a quid a pint. But also, their loyalty scheme gives you 5% back, and through Quidco you can get an extra 3%.

Also, Leffe at £20 a barrel (if short date, £15 after barrel returned) is pretty amazing considering how good it is.

Plus, it looks pretty cool having a draught tap when your mates come round. 
  • Talal said:
    The tv - LG Oled65b7v  £1899.
    Don't suppose anyone would remember but I made a thread last year about 75 inch tv's as I was deciding which one to get. Ended up going a bit smaller but not regretted it at all.
    14 inch?
  • edited September 2019
    Lenovo ThinkPad T540p laptop. Build quality = indestructible. Still going strong after five years. Started slowing down as the 500gb HDD become full. I installed a 1tb SSD and now it flies! The design makes it simple to upgrade parts - even the CPU if needed.

Fujifilm F900EXR camera. Petite design yet packs in 20x zoom. The 16mp EXR sensor allows pairs of pixels to combine for better image quality in low light scenes. This remains a unique feature for a compact camera.
    What make are they @Mendonca In Asdas ?  Id be interested in getting a decent pair at that price!

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bluetooth headphones, £25 on Amazon, ruddy brilliant.
    Are they Anker omes? Genuinely believe you can't get better at the same price point 
    Got these, only earphones I've been able to live with and that stay in my ears.  Can't imagine anything gives noticeable better audio quality 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Got these, only earphones I've been able to live with and that stay in my ears.  Can't imagine anything gives noticeable better audio quality 
    Link? Need some good in ear headphones, don't care if bluetooth or not.
  • Salad said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mine are Mpow S11 wireless earphones but many of exact same design and price on Amazon.
  • edited September 2019
    Curb_It said:
    What make are they @Mendonca In Asdas ?  Id be interested in getting a decent pair at that price!

Make is Levin

type in Bluetooth wireless headphones., i think they are now £26.99 I think there’s a voucher for a fiver off, not sure if it still works?
  • The Shark vacuum cleaner, fantastic piece of kit. 

• edited September 2019
    it never ceases to amaze me how many people own various voice controlled gadgets these days. The height of laziness
  • Salad said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mine are Mpow S11 wireless earphones but many of exact same design and price on Amazon.

which are brilliant for the gym, I washed them by mistake and next time bought some from Anker which imo are not as good.

• it never ceases to amaze me how many people own various voice controlled gadgets these days. The height of laziness
    Mother in law said that to me as well the other day.
    I asked her if she thought the same, when remote control for TVs were invented.
    No answer.
  • My cordwangle.

(With thanks to Kenneth Williams)
    Just remember to keep your hands off others' moolies, for it is against the law.