Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lovely movement from Sterling there
  • Options

Lovely movement from Sterling there

It feels weird to say because I’ve been one of his biggest critics when he’s in an England shirt, but I think the only club in the world that wouldn’t take him would be Barcelona. He’s becoming World Class.
  • Options
    Yawn...for the record I am an NFL fan but would 100% not rather watch it than our football but whatever,
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

2 good games this afternoon, plenty of attacking football and a few goals

Shame its going to be brought back to earth by a Sunday league pitch tonight!

Could be a few goals mind you.
    I made a comment about the NFL game tearing up the pitch .. seems we have a lot of 'gridiron fans' who'd rather watch that than real football .. if the pitch is really bad it'll ruin what could/should be a classic .. still Spurs fault for being absolutely ridiculous in calculating their building time estimates ((:>)
    Can’t blame the NFL at all. City can moan but Spurs certainly can’t. Their stadium situation is embarrasing.
    And as a Sky subscriber I can moan. Spurs should be docked the entire fee for this match. NFL is an ugly shit sport I avoid at all times and I don’t appreciate having its ugliness thrust in my face while watching what is one of the top fixtures in the Premiership season.
  • Options
    Awful decision making by Sissoko there.

Don't know how he's in this Tottenham team
  • Options
    "The two City full backs can actually drift inside, which is not where you'd usually find them."

Other than the past season and bit, presumably.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I made a comment about the NFL game tearing up the pitch .. seems we have a lot of 'gridiron fans' who'd rather watch that than real football .. if the pitch is really bad it'll ruin what could/should be a classic .. still Spurs fault for being absolutely ridiculous in calculating their building time estimates ((:>)
    Can’t blame the NFL at all. City can moan but Spurs certainly can’t. Their stadium situation is embarrasing.
    And as a Sky subscriber I can moan. Spurs should be docked the entire fee for this match. NFL is an ugly shit sport I avoid at all times and I don’t appreciate having it’s ugliness thrust in my face while watching what is one of the top fixtures in the Premiership season.
    Cry me a river. I guess because you alone don’t like the NFL there shouldn’t be any games held in the U.K.
    I like Spurs but this is solely on them.
  • Options
    NFL booked it long before Spurs did.
  • Options
    Roughing the passer there by Kane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

And as a Sky subscriber I can moan. Spurs should be docked the entire fee for this match. NFL is an ugly shit sport I avoid at all times and I don’t appreciate having it’s ugliness thrust in my face while watching what is one of the top fixtures in the Premiership season.
    Cry me a river. I guess because you alone don’t like the NFL there shouldn’t be any games held in the U.K.
    Which part of my post leads you to claim I am saying no NFL games should be played in this country and that I don’t think this situation is solely Spurs’ fault?
  • Options
    That was shit from Kane there.
  • Options

D

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Which part of my post leads you to claim I am saying no NFL games should be played in this country and that I don’t think this situation is solely Spurs’ fault?
    You seem to be blaming Sky for the fact that Spurs decided to hire a load of cheap labour?
    As for the NFL part from your initial post alone it’s clear you have some sort of irrational hatred for the sport itself. Very weird.
  • Options
    If this was being played at any other stadium the home team would be fined.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

D

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You seem to be blaming Sky for the fact that Spurs decided to hire a load of cheap labour?
    As for the NFL part from your initial post alone it’s clear you have some sort of irrational hatred for the sport itself. Very weird.
    I am blaming Spurs entirely. Where in my post am I blaming anyone else?

I hate NFL. Nothing irrational about it. There are lots of other sports I hate. There are lots of sports I love that people on here hate. It would seem very weird to me if I complained that some people hate the sports I like.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Only remember Stamford Beach being worse than this
  • Options

Think the decision making from Spurs going forward has been awful in general - Lucas and Lamela have been good getting the ball forward yet the moment they're in the final third they dont have a clue what to do with it
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

D

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I am blaming Spurs entirely. Where in my post am I blaming anyone else?

I hate NFL. Nothing irrational about it. There are lots of other sports I hate. There are lots of sports I love that people on here hate. It would seem very weird to me if I complained that some people hate the sports I like.
    I can’t be bothered to completely take this thread off track. All I will say is it’s very funny a half visible NFL logo in the middle of the field offends you so much.
  • Options

Think the decision making from Spurs going forward has been awful in general - Lucas and Lamela have been good getting the ball forward yet the moment they're in the final third they dont have a clue what to do with it
    Seems like only Kane is allowed to shoot at goal.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Chelsea wasn’t fined when they forced us to play on the beach.

I doubt the FA care as they’re being paid by Tottenham to rent the stadium for tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blooming heck Carragher is getting more and more understandable every time I see him.
  • Options

Spurs midfield tonight is weak and static .. Dier, slow and never seems to get over 1/2 way line .. Dembele .. for me he's overrated .. Sissoko .. good defensive player, not skilful/subtle enough in attack … they miss Eriksen and I am surprised Alli is not out there and a bit less surprised that neither is Winks
  • Options

Blooming heck Carragher is getting more and more understandable every time I see him.

Reading that back it doesn't make sense.

Let's try again. I dont understand an effing word he's saying.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

And as a Sky subscriber I can moan. Spurs should be docked the entire fee for this match. NFL is an ugly shit sport I avoid at all times and I don’t appreciate having its ugliness thrust in my face while watching what is one of the top fixtures in the Premiership season.
    I enjoy a bit of NFL … BUT it should be played in AMERICA … I agree with the other sentiments stated in the post
  • Options

se9addick said:

Chelsea wasn’t fined when they forced us to play on the beach.

I doubt the FA care as they’re being paid by Tottenham to rent the stadium for tonight.
    There are two issues. One is the state of the pitch in terms of whether it meets the minimum standards for a Premiership match and does not impact the players. The second issue is how the markings on the pitch have impacted the match as a spectacle for the people who have paid to watch it on TV and indeed for the people who have paid to watch it at the stadium.
  • Options
    Not the best full back play by all 4 of them in this game!!
  • Options
    The pitch is 100% Spurs fault, they’ve screwed up on the new stadium, one of the NFL games was suppose to be at Spurs new stadium, so Wembley had to bail them out and put on a third game on that surface, when they should have a break in between.
  • Options
    Ha ha, just switched over. That pitch is hilarious!
  • Options
    Enjoyed that