Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• While most are talking about Liverpool and ManC, my prediction is Chelsea win the PL and maybe even the Champions League this year. Sarri already has them playing Sarriball and as the team gets more in synch I think they dominate. Watching his teams are like watching a video game. I am looking forward to what they might do to West Ham this weekend.

I agree they look good and strong this season, but as FA has said lack of goalscorer means City again. Liverpool will be in the mix too but still think the boys in sky blue
    Man City's season hinges on de Bruyne returning
    Respectfully disagree, huge player but City are good enough to cope. If David Silva was also out for a bit too i would worry.
    Anyone else would struggle, Liverpool no Salah
    Chelsea no Hazard
  • Think the bottom 2 could well stay like that until May
  • Think the bottom 2 could well stay like that until May

Definitely. In fact, I seriously wonder if Cardiff and Huddersfield - 2 of the poorest teams to ever grace the Premier League - will win a game all season. (Two 0-0 draws when they play each other).
  • Alexis Sanchez now has just 3 goals in 23 games for United.

City must be feeling pretty glad they missed out on him and his ridiculous wages.
  • Eden Hazard. Best player in the premier league by far right now.
  • Stunning goal from Sturridge, good to see him back fit this season.
  • Watched the last 15 minutes of the Cardiff v Burnley game. Its pretty dire stuff.

Seriously wonder what is the point of Cardiff going up. Their fans will be lucky to see them win a couple of times this year. Most of the time they will get stuffed.

All completely pointless them going up if they are not going to give it a go trying to stay up.
  • Gudmundsson best player on the pitch.

True. Squirrel Face certainly negotiated hard when she got £1.5million for him!
  • Sponsored links:

True. Squirrel Face certainly negotiated hard when she got £1.5million for him!
    I thought we got £2.5m for him? - Still nothing worth shouting about
  • Great game so far between B'Mouth and the Nigels.

B'mouth looking extremely sharp going forwards although it's a very stretched game.

B'mouth goalscorer Brooks looks excellent while Zaha is having a mare for Palarse - couldn't trap a bag of cement so far!
  • At the risk of sounding jealous, believe me I'm not, but is it me or are the mics turned up next to the Palace fans? Potentially to fuel to Palace supporter love in.

You can hear individual Palace fans being really loud, but can hardly hear the home fans when the whole ground is singing/booing etc?

It sounds really weird.
  • From memory arent the away fans below the cameras and so opposite the dugouts at Bournemouth? - thats probably helping
  • Zaha sets up the equaliser 1-1.
  • From memory arent the away fans below the cameras and so opposite the dugouts at Bournemouth? - thats probably helping

Mics all the way around the ground right?

You may well be right though.
  • Hard to get too excited when Palace were losing, when there are 3 such poor teams as Cardiff, Huddersfield and Newcastle in the bottom 3
  • Sakho literally just got warned!! What an idiot!

Pen for B'mouth... scored.

Its hard to tell as they've improved the Ground since I was there for that Kermorgant winner at the death

Its hard to tell as they've improved the Ground since I was there for that Kermorgant winner at the death
    One new temporary stand, but not drastic changes otherwise
  • Sponsored links:

• Zaha couldn't have got down that tunnel quick enough!
  • Hodgson moaning at the ref - not sure he can complain too much .

Got a goal that was offside .
  • De Boer awful on MNF.

There is nothing like the Carra/Neville combo.

Any idea when Neville is back?
  • Ramsey goal for Arsenal was very nice.

Looking forward to Liverpool v City later
  • Arsenal are beginning to purr again.

Fuckers. Knew it wouldnt be long but christ, not this soon.

6 straight wins in the PL and 9 in all competitions. Sigh.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Arsenal are beginning to purr again.

Fuckers. Knew it wouldnt be long but christ, not this soon.

6 straight wins in the PL and 9 in all competitions. Sigh.

True but to look at it another way, who have they beaten?

West ham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Everton, Watford and Fulham.
    Brentford at home in the cup.
    Vorskla and Qarabag in Europe.

The only 2 decent sides they've played this season (City and Chelsea) have both beaten them.
  • Shocking result for Fulham though. Not been impressed with their transfer dealing this summer, too many new players and not enough continuity in their team selection.

Arsenal aren't Top 2 contenders, but are serious Top 4 contenders. It's a bizarre aspect of modern football, as 4th used to be nothing, but the battle to finish in the top 4 will be really competitive this season.
  • Sarri has done a fantastic job in such a short time with this Chelsea squad. Their one touch pacy passing and possession retention is a completely different level to last season.
  • Good too see Ross Barkley starting a game.
  • Chelsea temporarily go top. If Liverpool v City later is a draw then 3 sides are on 20 points, with Spurs and Arsenal both on 18.

Shaping up to be a decent title race.