Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Been out all day just got in and caught the Gerrard interview on sky.... Thought he came across well with no excuses. 
  • Options
    I didn't know the Scottish league has a very different format until recently. They have a ''Split'' and one team plays another team three times a season :joy:

What's the overall quality/standard of their Premier League, compared to the English Premier League and the English Championship?
    Personally think Celtic and Rangers would be somewhere between 12-17 in the prem for a season or 2, then when european football stopped and they lost players they would be relegated and end up mid table championship.

Rest would struggle in league 1
    with premier league money Celtic and Rangers would improve massively they are already both bigger clubs than most in Englands top flight.

the rest are anywhere between championship and league 2 but again would probably improve with extra cash
    Money doesnt guarantee anthing look at Fulham, and I am sure Celtic get enough as it is from Champions League.

1 year without European Football and they will be able to attract players like Brighton or Newcastle only
    Newcastle is the one side in the Premier League I would be comfortable comparing the Glasgow clubs to.

Newcastle have a big stadium with a passionate fanbase. They have the potential to be in a much better position if they had an owner who would spend some money to match the ambitions of the fans. Without the investment they have been relegated (but bounced back easily) twice.

Rangers and Celtic's stories I could see being very similar, from top half challenging for Europe to flirting with relegation most seasons. It would completely depend on the level of investment.
    Glasgow, unlike Newcastle, isn't a one club town.

Newcastle doesn't draw much support beyond the north east.

Both Old Firm clubs have huge supporter bases and huge sponsorship and other commercial potential far beyond Newcastle.

If they ever joined the EPL the Sky money would far outweigh what they would lose in European money although that would be more to Rangers benefit at present as Celtic have a big financial advantage from their champions League success.

One of many reasons they won't join the EPL is because they could challenge the "big six" for TV money and take European places.  And the smaller team don't want them as it means two turkeys voting for Christmas.
  • Options
    And mainly because they are Scottish and never been in the English league pyramid. 

Just because they they get big crowds means fuck all when saying they would do well with the premier league money. 
  • Options
    Been out all day just got in and caught the Gerrard interview on sky.... Thought he came across well with no excuses. 

This interview @chippycafc?? 😉

https://twitter.com/thesportsman/status/1112343580159459329?s=21
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

This interview @chippycafc?? 😉

https://twitter.com/thesportsman/status/1112343580159459329?s=21
    Oh dear.... Indeed more faces than a town clock. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Bhoys might just squeak into the final now.
  • Options
    One game from a treble
  • Options
    One game from a treble
    You missed a word out Henry, one game from a treble treble.
  • Options
    One game from a treble
    You missed a word out Henry, one game from a treble treble.
    A treble treble.

Unbelievable stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see Rangers challenging them. 
    Someone has a short memory 

: - )
  • Options
    Can see Rangers challenging them. 
    Someone has a short memory 

: - )
    Not at all

Yes I could see Rangers challenging them, not winning it but challenging them, still think rangers are at least 3 years away from winning anything.

Last year Celtic won it by 9 points this year I expect it to be less so Rangers will have challenged them at bit more than last year
  • Options
    The Celtic no. 5 scores the winner in the 67th minute on the day the club celebrate the life of Billy McNeill.

• Options
    It was the 68th minute. 

67:08 looking at the highlights on news. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    It was the 68th minute. 

67:08 looking at the highlights on news. 
    You have no soul
  • Options
    The Celtic no. 5 scores the winner in the 67th minute on the day the club celebrate the life of Billy McNeill.

And sadly, the scorer of the winner in 1967, Stevie Chalmers, has passed away.
  • Options
    Oh, oh, oh
    It's magic, you know
    We've gone and won eight in a row
  • Options
    You’re getting confused, Charlton have won 4 in a row this season, nowhere near 8.
  • Options
    Oh, oh, oh
    It's magic, you know
    We've gone and won eight in a row
    Seriously you are actually saying We've for Celtic WTAF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 silver stars to go with the 1 gold on their shirts.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Celtic but the Scottish title must be the most foregone conclusion of any league. They could pretty much be given the title at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Juventus just won their 8th title in a row. That league must be crap too.....Well done the super hoops....
  • Options
    After just 1 game Paddy Power have paid out Celtic to be champions
    Congratulations to Celtic but the Scottish title must be the most foregone conclusion of any league. They could pretty much be given the title at the start of the season.

The bookies are very rarely wrong.
  • Options
    Yes the Italian one has also become predictable as well but I wouldn't say it was a crap league. I just think the predictability and staleness of the Scottish league has really stopped Celtic making any progress in Europe. They need some competition or they will be treading water. This could be the case for Juventus as well though.
  • Options
    Yes the Italian one has also become predictable as well but I wouldn't say it was a crap league. I just think the predictability and staleness of the Scottish league has really stopped Celtic making any progress in Europe. They need some competition or they will be treading water. This could be the case for Juventus as well though.
    German league dominated by one club for years too.

Celtic get the knockout stages of the European cup but financially they can't compete with the major European League clubs.

Regardless 8 in a row and a possible trible trible
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Agree it's a great achievement but imagine would be great to see other clubs pushing them more. Earlier on in the season I thought Hearts or Aberdeen could as Celtic didn't make a great start but in the end it was another easy win. Great for their fans but I'm sure some would like it to be a closer race. The German one had a pretty tight finish this year.
  • Options
    Also, how do Celtic compare financially with Ajax I wonder? The two teams have a similar history and status though Ajax are in a league where three teams could potentially win the title.
  • Options
    I don't know the financial figures but Am
    A-Jacks haven't won their league for five years
  • Options
    Also, how do Celtic compare financially with Ajax I wonder? The two teams have a similar history and status though Ajax are in a league where three teams could potentially win the title.
    Ajax have arguably the best youth academy in the world.