Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• I think Celtic could win the title without a manager at all. Most of the league is League One quality at best
    And...
    I think even if they had Pep as manager they would get dumped in the early stages of the Champions League

I think last summer proved how bad the SPL really is Aberdeen lost a 1st team player in Adam Rooney to Salford a non league team.

That tells you everything you need to know about the SPL
    Aberdeen would almost certainly beat Salford.

But it's not their fault Salford have rich backers prepared to throw stupid money at a player. Isn't he on about 4-5k a week to play in non league?
  • I think Celtic could win the title without a manager at all. Most of the league is League One quality at best
    And...
    I think even if they had Pep as manager they would get dumped in the early stages of the Champions League

I think last summer proved how bad the SPL really is Aberdeen lost a 1st team player in Adam Rooney to Salford a non league team.

Says more about English football IMHO, non league team paying 5k+ per week is mental.
    Absolutely this. Rooney was utter garbage last season and was increasingly featuring from the bench. Why on earth would Aberdeen pay silly money to keep a player like that? Cosgrove has been twice as effective and second only to Morelos as the league's top scorer. So who are the real mugs? Not Aberdeen.
    And...

Says more about English football IMHO, non league team paying 5k+ per week is mental.
    Absolutely this. Rooney was utter garbage last season and was increasingly featuring from the bench. Why on earth would Aberdeen pay silly money to keep a player like that? Cosgrove has been twice as effective and second only to Morelos as the league's top scorer. So who are the real mugs? Not Aberdeen.
    Salford without doubt; not even top of the League now either; nor is Rooney top scorer
    And...

The Same Aberdeen who without "Said" player drew with the 7th best team from the Season before in England over 120 minutes. As others have pointed out, its actually more of a sad reflection on how stupid the English game is and eventually this will lead to a few teams going under the water until something is done to get clubs being run properly. Give me Aberdeen's position and many other SPL club's over ours right now where we're several million in debt and losing money each year rather than spending within our means.
  • Title done and dusted after Celtic score another last gasp winner away from home. Seem to do that every away game.
  • Lovely jubilee. 
  • Yeah I think they are now. Was at Ibrox yesterday for Rangers v Killie and, unfortunately, Rangers look a long way off still. 
  • Is the one on the left an exhibit in the CAFC "Black" Museum, like the one they got up New Scotland Yard
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't know the Scottish league has a very different format until recently. They have a ''Split'' and one team plays another team three times a season :joy:

What's the overall quality/standard of their Premier League, compared to the English Premier League and the English Championship?
  • I didn't know the Scottish league has a very different format until recently. They have a ''Split'' and one team plays another team three times a season :joy:

What's the overall quality/standard of their Premier League, compared to the English Premier League and the English Championship?
    Personally think Celtic and Rangers would be somewhere between 12-17 in the prem for a season or 2, then when european football stopped and they lost players they would be relegated and end up mid table championship.

Rest would struggle in league 1
    That is so poor :joy:  I'm going to watch Celtic v Rangers tonight as it's quite early (K.O. 7pm Beijing time) and see what their football is like.😆

Personally think Celtic and Rangers would be somewhere between 12-17 in the prem for a season or 2, then when european football stopped and they lost players they would be relegated and end up mid table championship.

with premier league money Celtic and Rangers would improve massively they are already both bigger clubs than most in Englands top flight.

the rest are anywhere between championship and league 2 but again would probably improve with extra cash
    Money doesnt guarantee anthing look at Fulham, and I am sure Celtic get enough as it is from Champions League.

1 year without European Football and they will be able to attract players like Brighton or Newcastle only

with premier league money Celtic and Rangers would improve massively they are already both bigger clubs than most in Englands top flight.

the rest are anywhere between championship and league 2 but again would probably improve with extra cash
    With Premier League money, Fleet Badgers would improve massively tbf
  • Oh look, the biggest dickhead in world football has got himself sent off. 
  • Said it before on this thread, the guy is a liability. Ok he knows where the goal is, but FIVE red cards and 17 yellows in a season tells you the guy has a serious mental issue. Rangers should cash in this summer. You can't rely on a guy who's going to miss 15 games a season through suspension
  • Said it before on this thread, the guy is a liability. Ok he knows where the goal is, but FIVE red cards and 17 yellows in a season tells you the guy has a serious mental issue. Rangers should cash in this summer. You can't rely on a guy who's going to miss 15 games a season through suspension
    Jesus.... a liability indeed.

Celtic are much better than I thought. Reckon they'd be around 8th or so in the Premier League. Their players are obviously better than Rangers and play quite entertaining football, judging from the 45 minutes I've just watched.
  • Clearly Brown set out to wind him up, but if you're going to react to any little comment or push/kick in a game then quite obviously part of the oppositions game plan is going to be to wind you up. 

Until this season he'd played over 120 games in his career without a red, so no idea why he's just lost it this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why don’t Rangers sell Morelos? 

Serious question, seems he has a few suitors and is hardly irreplaceable at that level. 
  • Morelos has cost rangers again there
  • Hail Hail 
  • Great game. Credit to the 10 men for running them so close. 
  • edited March 2019
    League won by March. Is there much point? I guess that Rangers' re-emergence has at least given Celtic some games to look forward to, but easily winning the title every year just seems pretty meaningless.
  • I think it's going to be hard for Rangers to catch Celtic now.

Maybe Paddy power had it right all along

"Oh, it's a grand old team to play for"
  • edited March 2019
    I didn't know the Scottish league has a very different format until recently. They have a ''Split'' and one team plays another team three times a season :joy:

Money doesnt guarantee anthing look at Fulham, and I am sure Celtic get enough as it is from Champions League.

1 year without European Football and they will be able to attract players like Brighton or Newcastle only
    Newcastle is the one side in the Premier League I would be comfortable comparing the Glasgow clubs to.

Newcastle have a big stadium with a passionate fanbase. They have the potential to be in a much better position if they had an owner who would spend some money to match the ambitions of the fans. Without the investment they have been relegated (but bounced back easily) twice.

Rangers and Celtic's stories I could see being very similar, from top half challenging for Europe to flirting with relegation most seasons. It would completely depend on the level of investment.
  • How many in a row is it now, Stevie?