Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL highlights on TV.

Comments

• Options

To be fair, Quest do a decent job.

I dont.

Usual programme is 1 hour on Championsip then trying to squeeze 24 games from.league 1 and league 2 into under 30 minutes, then Colin saying sorry he cant talk about the games.

Well maybe if u didnt spend 1 hour on 12 championship games u may have longer on League 1 and League 2
  • Options

To be fair, Quest do a decent job.

I dont.

Usual programme is 1 hour on Championsip then trying to squeeze 24 games from.league 1 and league 2 into under 30 minutes, then Colin saying sorry he cant talk about the games.

Well maybe if u didnt spend 1 hour on 12 championship games u may have longer on League 1 and League 2
    Yeh but when we get back to the Championship Paulie............... :wink:
  • Options
    But of course the Championship is going to get priority treatment. The show flows well IMO.
  • Options

But of course the Championship is going to get priority treatment. The show flows well IMO.

Whats wrong with
    40 minutes championship
    5 minute advert
    20 minutes league 1
    5 minutr advert
    20 minutes league 2

Rather than
    1 hour Champions
    5 minute advert
    10 minutes league 1
    5 minute advert
    10 minutes league 2

League 1 and 2 got more coverage on BBCs highlights
  • Options

Whats wrong with
    40 minutes championship
    5 minute advert
    20 minutes league 1
    5 minutr advert
    20 minutes league 2

Rather than
    1 hour Champions
    5 minute advert
    10 minutes league 1
    5 minute advert
    10 minutes league 2

League 1 and 2 got more coverage on BBCs highlights
    It's called viewing figures.
    The adverts pay for the programme and the higher the amount of viewers, the more the adverts cost.
    Do you think they get more viewers for Leeds v Villa or Morecambe v Newport ?
  • Options
    I suspect the viewers stay tuned in because the faster format of games is watchable even if you don't care about the teams.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Imagine it takes quite a bit of work / research to find the highlights for each game so to find that for all 48 games is going to require a large team, although I cant see Quest being the one to put the footage together and probably get given it by a third party

To be honest at times I miss the old format of MOTD when you'd get three feature games and then get solely the goals for the rest - Certainly wouldnt hurt to do that and then put "Extended Highlights" online for those who want to see further coverage of a match
  • Options
    I record it and watch it on a Sunday afternoon with my feet up. And I enjoy it.
  • Options
    It’s a really good show imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure the advert thing is a relevant argument for order/league screen time. Surely the number of people who watch it live is pretty low?
  • Options

Very good coverage from Quest on todays game

Really liked when both Managers were asked to name their MOTM from either team; Ross said Taylor... Bowyer said McGeady

Nice to see some decent coverage of a Charlton match on TV.
  • Options
    Spotted @bertpalmer and myself in crowd after the game.

Good coverage enjoyed that.
  • Options

He’d better have been prepping up a survey on his phone....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

He’d better have been prepping up a survey on his phone....
    He was, until cobles threw his phone into a puddle!
  • Options
    The only trouble with the coverage is it makes me realise how much Colin is missies on talksport, I can even forgive the fact that his agent is rather good friends with old squirrel face herself.
  • Options
    League one highlights up next for anyone who wants to see our goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Grant; the Addicks Midfielder stepped up to score our third????
  • Options

Fella on sky earlier said Taylor cost us £1M !
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I heard that too.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Yes that was on goals express.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Not just us.

One of Wigan's goalscorers was variously Jamie Roberts, Gareth Roberts and Michael Roberts between commentators and pundits.

Colin Murray is infinitely preferable to Lineker and co as a pundit even if you miss our coverage should the need to blink arise.
  • Options
    EFL show has extended their League One and League Two coverage giving each a full 30mins and so extending the show to two hours

Colin Murray really is a good host and gave us some good airtime by mentioning the good work of Phillips / Bauer / Sarr - Also did his research and added in Bowyer's comments about wanting a normal contract from Roland

Even on the show they know how in demand Lee is going to be with other clubs at the moment
    Why does keep pronouncing Bowyer as Boyer.
  • Options
    Personally I find Colin Murray a bit annoying . Tries too hard to act like an excited fan