Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extension of ULEZ to South Circular

Comments

• Options
    The people most affected are van drivers, as all vans until recently were diesel, and a trader in Dartford or Swanley will need a Euro VI van to keep driving over the boundary.

The petrol standards are by contrast very easy. I have a 2002 petrol Ford Focus which passes. 
  • Options
    If I spend £10k+ on another family car or people carrier, what would people suggest?

More importantly has anyone an idea of Sadiq’s next plan? Ban Petrols? 
    Obviously, when we bought our car we didn’t have a clue that diesels would be targeted in such a way.
    Some of you may have known this in 2014, if so, what’s his next steps?

I’m in a mind to get another S-Max but will he introduce something else in three years?

A VW ID5 would be nice, but I don’t have 50k lying about.
  • Options
    If I spend £10k+ on another family car or people carrier, what would people suggest?

Obviously, when we bought our car we didn’t have a clue that diesels would be targeted in such a way.

I’m in a mind to get another S-Max but will he introduce something else in three years?

Don’t buy, lease. Enjoy something new, decent and fully warranted. Hand it back in 2 to 4 years time and use any surplus value to help you make whatever decision you want/need to take then, whatever Sadiq or his successor decides to do next, which could well be another big step forward sooner than expected today.
  • Options

• Options
    This should have been reported in the papers as “Mayor of London announces he doesn’t want to be Mayor at next election”….
  • Options

Don’t buy, lease. Enjoy something new, decent and fully warranted. Hand it back in 2 to 4 years time and use any surplus value to help you make whatever decision you want/need to take then, whatever Sadiq or his successor decides to do next, which could well be another big step forward sooner than expected today.
    I agree. I’ve been leasing for the last 9 years. Handed back my 69 plate Nissan X-Trail yesterday and drove out with a brand new 4WD Qashqai. Bloody gorgeous car and no cash changed hands
  • Options

Don't think anyone has.
    90% of the motors you see driving around these days have not been payed for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently 60% opposed the expansion
    So he went ahead...
  • Options
    Weird how people cheer on a car free existence. I appreciate there are downsides but the reason so many people own cars is because they give you freedom to do the things you love (when they're not being used to commute).

We're championing policies that will ensure our future generations have less freedom than we do/did for very little gain.
    No one is ensuring future generations have ‘less freedom’, and I'm not sure anyone is planning a car free existence. 
    But future generations will hopefully have the benefit of cleaner air. Whether or not policies to reduce pollution will be enough to delay climate change remains to be seen. I think future generations will be more interested in that than driving to the shops. 
  • Options
    Excellent news.

Only the must polluting vehicles will have to pay and the air will be cleaner for everyone.

Look at the huge benefits we all reaped when leaded petrol was phased out.
  • Options
    The future, surely, is that nobody owns a car but driverless EVs will be ordered over the net through some sort of subscription or PAYG service and just take you where you want to go. Rather than having expensive cars unused for 95% of the time it'll be a way more efficient use of scarce resources. Not going to happen next week though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird how people cheer on a car free existence. I appreciate there are downsides but the reason so many people own cars is because they give you freedom to do the things you love (when they're not being used to commute).

We're championing policies that will ensure our future generations have less freedom than we do/did for very little gain.
    Climate change is a bugger isn't it. If only we could roll the clock back and pretend everything is rosy.
    As if punishing people living in Bromley is the goal to fixing climate change.

Don't worry Xi Jinping and his coal burning empire are closely watching the habits of Charlton fans to understand how to proceed next.
  • Options
    edited February 7

Climate change is a bugger isn't it. If only we could roll the clock back and pretend everything is rosy.
    As if punishing people living in Bromley is the goal to fixing climate change.

Don't worry Xi Jinping and his coal burning empire are closely watching the habits of Charlton fans to understand how to proceed next.
    Very good of you to care so much about our ULEZ when you live in lovely Vancouver. 👍
    Right now your air quality index is 25 (low) and ours is rather higher, at 49. We still have work to do. 
  • Options
    edited February 8
    If not carrying large bulky and heavy tools for work you can get a 320 bus from Biggin Hill to Catford.
  • Options
    Weird obsession with Biggin Hill, a place dominated by the car
  • Options
    Doesn’t the Formula One organisation have it’s headquarters at Biggin Hill airport?
  • Options
    edited February 8

You’ll never have it so good again. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the ulez cameras will be the same ones used for project detroit?