Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extension of ULEZ to South Circular

Anyone know how this will be enforced when it comes in? Where will the cameras be situated?

A huge number of cars etc will be written off.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options

Anyone know how this will be enforced when it comes in? Where will the cameras be situated?

A huge number of cars etc will be written off.

October 2021

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/ulez-boundary-map-from-25-october-2021.pdf

It affects North London more as the North Circular is much further out than the South Circular

• Options
    April 2019 is the start of the congestion zone area
    October 2021 its extended to north/south circular
  • Options
    And the petrol car standard is easy to pass anyway, as it's only Euro 4. My 2002 Focus passes this!

It's diesels that will be mainly impacted
  • Options
    The original plans at the very start were for it to begin in 2020 and go out as far as "within the M25" being the zone.

I'm not sure if beyond 2021 it will be extended to the M25 or those plans have been axed completely.
  • Options
    Euro 6 for diesel is September 2016 reg
  • Options
    It's going to hit a lot of relatively new diesels. It's fine if you can afford to replace your car every couple of years to meet emission standards but this isn't really feasible for a lot of people.

Constantly scrapping vehicles doesn't seem massively green.
  • Options

It's going to hit a lot of relatively new diesels. It's fine if you can afford to replace your car every couple of years to meet emission standards but this isn't really feasible for a lot of people.

Constantly scrapping vehicles doesn't seem massively green.

They won't be scrapped though, but sold to people who live outside the zone. If you live in Bexleyheath or Dartford say and never drive inside the South Circular, you will be able to pick up a real bargain.
  • Options
    My wife currently drives a 64 plate diesel SUV and that will fall foul of the new zone from what we've read.
    She currently drives the Canary Wharf commute each day and she'll be facing the new zone charge as she crosses the South Circular at the A20 as well as the toll on the new Blackwall Tunnel soon. She's says she's rather pay both every day than spend any money on a South Eastern season ticket!

We was considering buying another diesel in a Volvo XC90 but looking at the Hybrid/Petrol version now as no point in touching a diesel until you know you wont get clobbered.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

My wife currently drives a 64 plate diesel SUV and that will fall foul of the new zone from what we've read.
    She currently drives the Canary Wharf commute each day and she'll be facing the new zone charge as she crosses the South Circular at the A20 as well as the toll on the new Blackwall Tunnel soon. She's says she's rather pay both every day than spend any money on a South Eastern season ticket!

We was considering buying another diesel in a Volvo XC90 but looking at the Hybrid/Petrol version now as no point in touching a diesel until you know you wont get clobbered.

They'll be changing the emissions standard on a regular basis so diesels will have a limited shelf life. If you need a van or 7 seater you'll be a bit stuffed as most of these are diesel.

Traffic on the boundary is going to increase to avoid the charges and add to pollution in those areas.

Don't think they have really thought this all through especially in terms of charging points etc and the pollution involved in manufacturing new vehicles.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

They'll be changing the emissions standard on a regular basis so diesels will have a limited shelf life. If you need a van or 7 seater you'll be a bit stuffed as most of these are diesel.

Traffic on the boundary is going to increase to avoid the charges and add to pollution in those areas.

Don't think they have really thought this all through especially in terms of charging points etc and the pollution involved in manufacturing new vehicles.

BMW do a Series 2 Gran Tourer seven seat MPV in petrol and diesel.

• Options
    Yep. April next year. Currently using my little 57plate fiesta diesel to get in and out but am going to have to kiss that goodbye.
    Money grabbing bas***s !!

Yeah .I know. Don’t tell me.it will reduce pollution.....just like the original congestion charge reduced congestion!! My arse.

Anyway. You can get a diesel filter fitted by a TFL approved garage. Cost was £3-4K!! last time I looked. And if I looked a little closer I’d probably find Sidique Khan listed as a major shareholder of said filter patent!
  • Options
    Well that solves it.

No more London for me! Oh the bright lights, the culture...

Hopefully be ok to get to the old fellas place on Ruxley roundabout in my 64 plate!
  • Options
    I don't understand this. Are we saying I will be charged for driving a diesel car to Charlton?
  • Options

I don't understand this. Are we saying I will be charged for driving a diesel car to Charlton?

Yes in 2021 if it's not Euro VI. You can check here

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez
  • Options
    Scam
  • Options
    Blaggards and lickspittles the lot of em!
  • Options
    Piss takers
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

I struggle with the concept of a pollution charge.

If you're serious about reducing air pollution (which absolutely needs to be tackled), then set your emissions standard, and say that any vehicle which doesn't meet it is banned outright from the zone.

Otherwise, the message you're sending is that we don't want you polluting our city, except of course if you're rich, in which case you can do what the hell you want and sod everyone else. After all, everyone knows it's the pollutants from poor people's cars which are the real killers.

A bit like when local authorities allow rich developers to buy their way out of affordable housing commitments - what's the point in having a policy for the public good if you're going to allow people to pay to ignore it?

That would make sense. I guess the complaint then would be that poor people who couldn't afford to replace their car would then be banned from driving into London. And rich people are the ones who can afford to replace their cars anyway

• Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

BMW do a Series 2 Gran Tourer seven seat MPV in petrol and diesel.

Depends what you need - I need a vehicle suitable for carrying wheelchairs as my daughter is disabled. Most vehicles of this type are van based and nearly all are diesel.

If the emission regs keep on changing it will hit diesels the most and manufacturers of vans etc will need to rethink their strategy. Diesels are generally more fuel efficient, offer more torque and better suited to carrying heavy loads. I'd say the engine is also likely to last longer. The NO2 emission is the issue here.

It seems a little unfair that I live just inside the congestion zone and do most of my mileage outside it yet will potentially be whacked with a £12 charge every time I leave my home in my vehicle. A flat charge seems unfair for negligible use in the zone.

• Options

So after paying £1.50 to print your match ticket off at home you will then be charged to drive to The Valley to watch the game!!

Deep breaths Covered End, deep breaths :smiley:
  • Options

So after paying £1.50 to print your match ticket off at home you will then be charged to drive to The Valley to watch the game!!

You'll be okay so long as you stay outside the zone - the boundary is the South Circular.
  • Options
    Good job I’ve got numerous cars to choose from or this could get expensive :smiley:
  • Options
    Just buy a car/van registered before 1973 and you are exempt, you can pollute the air to your hearts content.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

If you're serious about reducing air pollution (which absolutely needs to be tackled), then set your emissions standard, and say that any vehicle which doesn't meet it is banned outright from the zone.

Otherwise, the message you're sending is that we don't want you polluting our city, except of course if you're rich, in which case you can do what the hell you want and sod everyone else. After all, everyone knows it's the pollutants from poor people's cars which are the real killers.

A bit like when local authorities allow rich developers to buy their way out of affordable housing commitments - what's the point in having a policy for the public good if you're going to allow people to pay to ignore it?

Same with the congestion charge. If it was really designed to reduce congestion there’d be a limit to how many cars could pay it every day but oh no Deadpebble or whatever twunk came up with that one wouldn’t have wanted to limit the cash intake eh.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Jodaius said:

Same with the congestion charge. If it was really designed to reduce congestion there’d be a limit to how many cars could pay it every day but oh no Deadpebble or whatever twunk came up with that one wouldn’t have wanted to limit the cash intake eh.....
    If my job came with a tax free flippable second home in the centre of London I’d proper take the piss out of all the commuting plebs too with train pricing, congestion, emission and probably a bicycle tax too next just for a blummin larf...
  • Options

You'll be okay so long as you stay outside the zone - the boundary is the South Circular.
    It's the sort of boundary that's easy for the planners and officials, but makes no sense in reality.
  • Options

It's the sort of boundary that's easy for the planners and officials, but makes no sense in reality.
    Must be a first for something to not make sense.
  • Options
    fuck me. I didn't know about any of this. I can't seem to view the link that was posted but are you saying there will be a congestion charge inside the South Circular ?? Most of my clients live S/E London & Kent borders and I'm up & down the A2, A20 & A205 every week. Currently I drive a 65 plate diesel......so thats me fucked then.

think I'll emigrate......or move to the coast (which amounts to the same thing I suppose)