Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What League Position Are We Going To Finish In This Season?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I think top 6 will be:

1. Sunderland
    2. Barnsley
    3. Charlton
    4. Portsmouth
    5. Peterborough
    6. Luton

I don't think Donny will sneak in but if they do, have to be at Luton's expense. Anybody know what odds I would get on this combo for season's end?!!
  • Options
    2nd
  • Options
    Sky bet:

Sunderland, Barnsley straight forecast 11/1 reverse 5/2.

Bit skinny
  • Options
    I fancy Sunderland but thought our price was too big, so have jumped on at 50s
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I think top 6 will be:

1. Sunderland
    2. Barnsley
    3. Charlton
    4. Portsmouth
    5. Peterborough
    6. Luton

I don't think Donny will sneak in but if they do, have to be at Luton's expense. Anybody know what odds I would get on this combo for season's end?!!

Save your money. We are better than Barnsley.

I think.
  • Options
    Beginning of the season, think i said Sunderland / Barnsley, not looking to far off
    I still have a feeling Portsmouth will slip but still make Playoffs and will be very dangerous

1.Sunderland
    2.Charlton
    3.Barnsley
    4.Pompey
    5.Luton
    6.Peterborough

New prediction think we can sneak in there, would not like to face Pompey in play offs. Other than that would back us in the play offs vs everyone else (maybe not Sunderland but dont think they will be in it)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    looking at games remaining, we have 3 games against current top 6 clubs 2 of which being at home if we can get behind the team like we did against sunderland then they could yeild massive results, i think luton will go right off the boil now

our last 7 matches look winnable.

30/03/2019 Bradford City 22nd (h) 15:00
    06/04/2019 Plymouth Argyle 23rd (a) 15:00
    13/04/2019 Luton Town 3rd (h) 15:00
    19/04/2019 Oxford United 21st (a) 15:00
    22/04/2019 Scunthorpe United 15th (h) 15:00
    27/04/2019 Gillingham 17th (a) 15:00
    04/05/2019 Rochdale 19th (h) 17:30

just dont want to be that team that plugs away all season and fails miserably in playpoffs - which happens quite often
  • Options
    i've stuck a £40 free bet on @ 1:50, the milky bars will be on me if we pull it off!
  • Options
    I’ve stuck £10 on us winning league with Ladbrokes at 60/1.... why not😝
  • Options
    Bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were proper miserable bastards before the season started 

in fairness though I don’t think anyone expected us to pick up the two best Loanees in the division and Taylor to turn into such a talisman.

What a great season so far.
  • Options
    golfaddick said:i
    18th.
    Hmm.....my usual pessimism at work here I feel. I honestly thought we would struggle this season.....but in my defence this was before we had signed both Cullen & Beliek, who have made such a difference.
  • Options
    golfaddick said:i
    18th.
    Hmm.....my usual pessimism at work here I feel. I honestly thought we would struggle this season.....but in my defence this was before we had signed both Cullen & Beliek, who have made such a difference.
    Plus Taylor's goals.
  • Options
    I’m changing my mind, I’ve got a feeling we’re gonna finish 3rd!
  • Options
    23rd was spot on 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    stonemuse said:
    Will stick with my pre-season prediction: 2nd
    Underachieved ... Bowyer out 

Only 3 points out :smiley:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Will stick with my pre-season prediction: 2nd
    Underachieved ... Bowyer out 

Only 3 points out :smiley:
    So pre season or even Sunderland first game of the season when it looked like Pratley was going to be our Midfield general to replace JFC who was going to miss the campaign, and if a supporter took his boots might get on the bench, You thought we would finish 2nd !    :p A pint of what you were on you genius.
  • Options
    3RD, 2 points off second.
    Pfft, shows what you know...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone writing off this season at the moment, and getting a bit sweaty, have a look back through this (last season, myself included) I am super chilled at the moment, don’t know if that’s a good thing!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I isn't ideal but we have to accept with this useless owner, Bower has to do things a bit differently. Why we were so animated when it looked like Roland was risking losing Bowyer is because we know what a great job he did and that he could do it again. Let's not forget, we couldn't fill the bench in our first game at home to Sunderland last season, but he held out for the players to make a difference.

Yes, we were always a few injuries away from weakness, but when we played our best side, we were the best team in the league. Being the best in League One is of course easier than repeating it in the Championship, but Bowyer has the ability to surprise again and one thing we should have learned from last season is not to underestimate him. Even if he has a senile old fool as a boss.
  • Options
    twunt still in occupation beyond January 2020:- dead last with a record low points tally, not cos anybody else's done anything badly or let anyone down but roly's notion of an operating budget in this division is so far short of the square root of reasonable it will be like setting sail in a sieve
    twunt gone by January 2020:- with all my fingers crossed, soul sold to the devil and rabbit's feet rubbed we might claw back up to 21st and a massive collective sigh of relief from 10,000ish Addicks
    twunt gone this week:- comfortably mid table, excising the twuntumour from Charlton's existence would bring about a tangible rebirth in all aspects of the club's life.
    What's my money on?
    I don't bet against CAFC on principal.