Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What League Position Are We Going To Finish In This Season?

Comments

• Options
    8th
  • Options
    1st.
    No.
    23rd.

No.
    10th.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mid table somewhere

Same issue as every season under RD, no squad depth.

Last year we over-performed imo. Credit to Bowyer. Shrewsbury proved that our first 11 isn't good enough for promotion, this season our starting 11 will be worse and squad depth poor again.

I didn't think much of Slade, liked Robbo but his tactics were poor. Like Bowyer for the lift he's given the fans more than anything. But I've said it before and will say it again, with no squad depth every manager we get is going to fail their promised target of promotion. Bowyer has annoyed me in this sense, targeting promotion is a joke imo and almost takes the piss. Yes our club should be fighting at the top, but with the resources we have, never going to happen.
  • Options
    Mid table
  • Options
    Top of the league.

‘Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land amongst the stars.’
  • Options
    No takeover? 11th.

Takeover with plenty of time to complete signings (like that's gonna happen)? 4th.

Takeover with no time so relying on January window? 7th.
  • Options

Read the replies to this haha, amazing how many people expect us to do well.

I personally think we will finish in play offs without a takeover with one we will get promoted. Portsmouth and Luton I think could snag a auto spot. Expect Plymouth, Sunderland and Southend to be up the top6 as well

I'll go Luton, us, Pompey, Sunderland, Plymouth and Southend
  • Options
    11th
  • Options
    Current squad 3-6, any sales not replaced by better 8-15. Oz owners b4 window closes 1-2. But may change last forecast if Bow signs free agents, as he says he has spoken to consortium.
  • Options
    RD = 15TH
    AUSSIE RULES = 14TH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    18th.
  • Options

Mid table irrespective of owners and manager.

This option for me. I get the feeling if the Aussies ever buy us they will not be splashing the cash in the first season Steady the ship first and then push on.
  • Options
    If no takeover - which is becoming more and likely - then there may be a fire-sale of players and we will be left with a few free signings and a load of youngsters, in which case you can put your house on relegation.
  • Options
    5% top two ....... 30% 3rd-6th .......... 50% 7th-12th ............. 12% 13th-20th ......... 3% Relegation
  • Options
    There will be two digits that's for sure.
  • Options
    Difficult to say at the moment but I do think Bowyer will get more out of this squad than Robinson and if the front 2 is Igor and Taylor it’s a huge step up in class from last season.

Desperately need to keep Bauer, get Clarke fit, keep Fosu injury free and sign at least 3, particularly a GK and central midfielder.

If that happens then play offs are definitely achievable again.
  • Options
    16th

And that's regardless of going into the new season with our uninterested owner even more so, or, possibly, the magical take over which wouldn't leave enough time to make any real impact in the transfer window.
  • Options
    Somewhere between 10th and 15th
  • Options
    Hopefully playoffs but who knows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lower than we would hope, although it's too early to say. We could be in Championship, League 1 or League 2 in 2019-20 season.
  • Options
    Need this wanker to sell, I don’t wish harm on many but him I definitely do, crusty Belgian ponce
  • Options
    With the rat still here & little investment in the small squad - 14th

With new owners & better quality players coming in - 6th

But I fear the rat will still be here & it will be a season of struggle & strife
  • Options
    If we are lucky with injuries and suspensions then top six but if we were to lose a core group from the squad for any length of time we will end up struggling at the arse end of the table
  • Options
    Promoted automatically
  • Options
    Mid table at best takeover or not, pretty much a repeat of the 16/17 season.

Avoiding losing home and away to Oxford and Gillingham would be an improvement though.
  • Options
    Think we have enough goals to be safe with Taylor, Vetokele and Ajose, but think we are painfully short else where, so be lucky to finish top half, probably 15th.

If the takeover is done this week, and the squad is strengthened, then play offs at a minimum
  • Options
    top 6 with a couple of additions

top 2 with a takeover and half a dozen signings
  • Options
    6th
  • Options
    21st
    if we're lucky