Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What League Position Are We Going To Finish In This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Impossible to determine until we know who owns the club.

Should things stay as they are - owner taking their time vacating + investment stalled - I'd say mid-table.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    13th.

I think we have a desperately lacking squad with little depth in many positions, and a manager short on experience who only has one coach, also short on experience. I could see us stumbling badly at some point and potentially finding ourselves in a relegation battle with two or three injuries. I mean there's just no depth.

I think we're past the threshold where a takeover would have the time (let alone the organization and funds) to drastically alter our summer, even if it happened tomorrow.

I think it's going to be a rough season.
  • Options
    No idea
  • Options
    10th. Probably an over-achievement based on what we know. Improvement possible if the takeover happens.
  • Options
    Couldn't find the other thread with the poll.

Poor naming protocol by admin.
  • Options
    100% champions
  • Options

100% champions

This

Luton v Peterborough next week so another chance for us to gain points on one or both of two teams in the mix for promotion and with 7 teams now looking like they are the most likely candidates for the automatics and the playoffs there will be other crunch matches which mean teams will be dropping points. We just need to have a winning run now to break the confidence of those above and below us. Top two for me at the end of the season are Charlton and Barnsley.
  • Options
    Sunderland
    Barnsley
    Pompey
    Charlton
    Posh
    Luton
  • Options
    Portsmouth
    Barnsley
    Sunderland
    Charlton
    Luton
    Posh

That's my prediction, and I would take that. Would fancy us getting the better of Luton over two legs and possibly a rematch of the greatest game at Wembley ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunderland
    Charlton
    Pompey
    Barnsley
    Luton
    Posh
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    1 Charlton
    Couldn’t give a fook who follows up the rear
  • Options

1 Charlton

Ooo err
  • Options
    Play offs comfortably.

With us not drawing many games I would be confident of promotion at Wemberleee.
  • Options
    Playoffs - can't see us making top two. Top 7 in L1 are pulling away and be interesting to see who loses form.

Promises to be an exciting end to season. Realistically we need about 90 pts to get top two which means 40 pts from 18 games - 13 wins and a draw is a tall order.
  • Options
    Top two been saying it all year 2.3 pts per game COYR’s!
  • Options

1 Charlton

50-1 so get involved.
  • Options
    I think the final Saturday could be a very tense day. Whilst we play Rochdale at the Valley, Portsmouth go to Sunderland, I can see our automatic promotion needing us to win, and a result (currently unknown) at Sunderland.
  • Options
    Sunderland
    Barnsley
    Luton
    Portsmouth
    Charlton
    Peterborough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

1 Charlton

50-1 so get involved.
    Done them at paddy power 41-1 yesterday wish I knew the 50-1 then
  • Options

Uboat said:

1 Charlton

50-1 so get involved.
    Done them at paddy power 41-1 yesterday wish I knew the 50-1 then
    Ladbrokes
  • Options
    Had a score E/W we are going to go up as champions but just Incase we only get 2nd
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Couldn't find the other thread with the poll.

Poor naming protocol by admin.

That explains why I couldn’t find my prediction, which I think was first or second.

• Options
    Nailed on Play Off Finalists.

Reason? I can't go........
  • Options
    Done some calculations based on season to date form and last six games form:

Final position based on maintaining points per game to date:
    Pompey 97
    Sunderland 92
    Luton 90
    Barnsley 87
    Addicks 82
    Posh 80

Based on maintaining form of last six games:
    Barnsley 95
    Pompey 91
    Luton 91
    Sunderland 82
    Addicks 81
    Doncaster 79

On this basis 93 points gets 2nd place. For us this means a further 43 points, an average of 2.4 points per game whiuch is about the same as Barnsley's current fiorm. Also rivals need to drop below 2 points per game. Must get at least 13 wins. 13 wins and 5 draws, 14 wins 1 draw and 3 losses, 15 wins and 3 losses.
  • Options

I think the final Saturday could be a very tense day. Whilst we play Rochdale at the Valley, Portsmouth go to Sunderland, I can see our automatic promotion needing us to win, and a result (currently unknown) at Sunderland.

If we need a result against an already safe Rochdale I'd hope they'd remember our kindness from last season!!
  • Options
    As our injured players gradually return thereby strengthening the squad my hear says automatic promotion - but my head however, says play-offs.
  • Options
    Will be very disappointed if we make the automatics because I have booked a very expensive flight to the UK for the Play Off final on 25 May.
  • Options
    And it better be versus Sunderland too.