Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options

Also helps that Walker plays alongside Stones at club level.

That's true and false !

Since Christmas Stones was a fourth choice centre back when Company was fit and 3rd choice on the numerous occasions when Vincent was injured.
    Walker in most games for City played as a wing back so it's only for England that they have literally played alongside each other.
    I don't count 5 aside games.
  • Options

I do wonder what would have been the setup had Joe Gomez remained fit

Could argue that he was a shoe in for one of the Centre Back berths

I can't see Gomez getting ahead of any of the current back 3, though he might be ahead of Jones in the squad
  • Options

I do wonder what would have been the setup had Joe Gomez remained fit

Could argue that he was a shoe in for one of the Centre Back berths

I can't see Gomez getting ahead of any of the current back 3, though he might be ahead of Jones in the squad
    My thoughts exactly, he takes Jones' place in the squad, but can't see him shifting any of the current back three on current form.
  • Options
    Only thing I hope is that regardless what happens is the fact that Southgate doesnt stick with this eleven JUST because the won the World Cup or got us to the Semi Finals

Yes there is now way that Gomez should get ahead of the current back three yet the Defence shouldnt remain just because of what they've previously achieved - Thats going down the route that Germany and Spain have travelled of late and its bitten them hard on the arse when they've gone to try and retain their World Champion status
  • Options

Also helps that Walker plays alongside Stones at club level.

That's true and false !

Since Christmas Stones was a fourth choice centre back when Company was fit and 3rd choice on the numerous occasions when Vincent was injured.
    Walker in most games for City played as a wing back so it's only for England that they have literally played alongside each other.
    I don't count 5 aside games.
    Either way, they'll understand each other's game.
  • Options
    gomez would've been in walker's spot, and walker would've been our wing back on the right. Which means we would've missed out on tripper's great performances.
  • Options
    I think it was Gomez, Stones, Walker centre back in the friendly before Gomez got injured wasn't it?
  • Options

I think it was Gomez, Stones, Walker centre back in the friendly before Gomez got injured wasn't it?

Yeah that was the Defence we began with when we played Holland (Gomez's last cap)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43380175