Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?

worst case scenario you can catch a 3/4th place play off on Saturday so why not?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?

Go.........go to Russia Bob.........do it
    Flights and hotel available and I can definitely get match tickets, but not sure I can get FA Travel Visas in time. If I do it I’ll book it all up before Wednesday.

• Options
    BR3red said:

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.....

If we win we do not have to think about Cafc for another 4 days ....

Yay!!!!

Do not have to think about Billy Clarkes injury and Port Vales new kit and all the other things that are so important in World Football - Phew!!
  • Options
    BR3red said:

SamB09 said:

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

It was Sweden..
    Jeez I really don't get this?

World Cup quarter finals and we pretty much strolled through it.

If you cannot get a little bit of happiness out of this day, well....

Why you are on a football forum I have no idea?

Wum
    Happy we are in the semis just a bit cautios that we haven’t played a decent side thats all.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

BR3red said:

SamB09 said:

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

It was Sweden..

Wum
    Happy we are in the semis just a bit cautios that we haven’t played a decent side thats all.
    Ok but will you say that if we beat Croatia or Russia as well?

We are in the Workd Cup Semi Final.... Enjoy it !!
  • Options
    BR3red said:

SamB09 said:

BR3red said:

SamB09 said:

It was Sweden..

Wum
    Ok but will you say that if we beat Croatia or Russia as well?

We are in the Workd Cup Semi Final.... Enjoy it !!
    Yeah true, maybe this really is our year!
  • Options

Don't give a fuck if anyone says 'oh you only beat them', 'you haven't played anyone decent'. We're into the semi finals for the time since 1990 with a great chance of making the final. I can remember where i was in 1990 and i'm sure 20 odd years from now people will look back and remember where they were in 2018.

You can stick your 'golden generation' up your arse, Southgate has restored some pride to English football. Whatever happens from here, we've probably already far exceeded the expectations that most England fans had pre-tournament.

Spot on

Double like

Same here, I was 22 years old and have waited another 28 years for this.

There really is not anything not to like - enjoy the ride everyone..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only 20 years old, and I know this is silly because you have no idea what calibre of players are going to come out of this country from now, but feels like the best chance I'll ever get to see us do this.

It's completely taken over the nation.

Every bar/pub you go in to it is all anybody is talking about. It doesn't matter what team you support, everybody loves eachother.

Never felt so proud to be English, and never felt so at home in my home country. It's special, really special - drink it in.

Think someone might have been "drinking it in" today ....
  • Options
    Wow. Stuck in Fiji. Bars here shut st 10pm and the matvh kicked off at 2am but WE ONLY WENT AND WON!!!!! Got that feeling I had back in 1990, and dish I was back home today.

I'm in LA on wednesday - anyone know what time locally the game starts?
  • Options
    The saddest thing is that Southgate’s a palace bstd
  • Options

If England play Belgium in the finals... it will be sold in the global press as "Brexit vs EU." Bet on it!

FYI, I can't think of anyone who's really in favor of the way the European Parlement and Government work . And I'll have no trouble finding people for a firing squad for that former Belgian Prime Minister, Guy Verhofstadt .
  • Options
    Ally McMoist not ashamed to admit that he was cheering on the England earlier - top bloke
  • Options

SamB09 said:

It was Sweden..
    It was a world cup quarter final and we won.

At a canter.
  • Options

Wow. Stuck in Fiji. Bars here shut st 10pm and the matvh kicked off at 2am but WE ONLY WENT AND WON!!!!! Got that feeling I had back in 1990, and dish I was back home today.

11am Wednesday, LA time.
  • Options
    You can stick your fooking flat pack up your arse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So proud of the team, we were so professional today, we've grown so much.
  • Options
    Got my route all sorted - Southend - Amsterdam - Moscow flight times are good, hotel should be fine just need 2 tickets for Wednesday
  • Options

Stuck in Fiji, that's rough.
  • Options

If you're anywhere near Santa Monica, I've always enjoyed watching England games there (a lot of ex-pats in that area):
    http://www.yeoldekingshead.com
  • Options
    Sage said:

11am Wednesday, LA time.
    Nice one. I'll pack the wife and kids off to Anaheim and find a nice bar in Santa Monica. Italia '90 shirt all ready.

Any bar suggestions welcome.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Stuck in Fiji, that's rough.
    Ha ha. You may mock, but right now I wish I was in London. I still remember that semi final against Germany in the William Camden in Bexleyheath. Fiji can't match footie.
  • Options

Got my route all sorted - Southend - Amsterdam - Moscow flight times are good, hotel should be fine just need 2 tickets for Wednesday

How much is that mate if don’t mind me asking
  • Options
    EastStand said:

You can stick your fooking flat pack up your arse

That would have to be sideways I guess.
  • Options
    N this showing we beat both of them