Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options
    Nadou said:

Couldn't help the misty eyes at the end. Must be getting old!

Same here. It feels fantastic to be in a WC semi final again. Absolutely fan fucking tastic.
    Funny how we do best when we have a manager who comes across trying to be a gentleman. 1966, 1990, 2018. (Even if Alf did come from Dagenham)
  • Options
    It’s comimg home, I believe, as I did in 66
  • Options
    Played well against a team that are difficult to beat. First game I actually felt quite comfortable through.
  • Options

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

Buzzing mate
  • Options
    Wow that was good, thought we bossed the game.

We’re in Carcassonne , France.
    The guy in concierge found us a bar showing the match, great news, only to find out it was a stream over the net, signal cut out a few times during the match, oh my days ‘‘twas bleeding tense.

Couldn’t celebrate too hard as there was a guy wearing a Swedon shirt close by.

Lionel the Barman kept s steady stream of Amstels coming ( I knew he’d finally show up in the World Cup!)

I can’t believe we’re in the semi finals!!!

Eurostar doesn’t get back into London till 8 o clock Wednesday night, which means we’ll probably miss the first half.

When we booked this the wife said to me, you do realise the World Cup will be on, at which point I said , yeah it’s all right, we won’t do anything!

Got me England bunting on the balcony, England shirt on, and have also packed a massive England Flag, going to take it down into the town tonight and let the Frenchies know it’s coming home!!
  • Options
    Fucking marvelous, just had some random Portuguese bloke shout "Congratulations" at me in the street. Swedish mates in the bar said we deserved it and they are cheering us from now on.

European Unity, it's what it's all about... :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got the feel of 96

With the exception of brexit I cant think of anything more satisfying since that era

I feel the direct opposite of the brexit result this evening. We’re not doomed to be “finlandized” by russia (as the poisonings are now showing) but playing our way.
  • Options
    Wasn't nervous about this one and was very confident of a comfortable win. Next round is going to be nerve-wracking though no matter who wins tonight
  • Options

Wow that was good, thought we bossed the game.

We’re in Carcassonne , France.
    The guy in concierge found us a bar showing the match, great news, only to find out it was a stream over the net, signal cut out a few times during the match, oh my days ‘‘twas bleeding tense.

Couldn’t celebrate too hard as there was a guy wearing a Swedon shirt close by.

Lionel the Barman kept s steady stream of Amstels coming ( I knew he’d finally show up in the World Cup!)

I can’t believe we’re in the semi finals!!!

Eurostar doesn’t get back into London till 8 o clock Wednesday night, which means we’ll probably miss the first half.

When we booked this the wife said to me, you do realise the World Cup will be on, at which point I said , yeah it’s all right, we won’t do anything!

Got me England bunting on the balcony, England shirt on, and have also packed a massive England Flag, going to take it down into the town tonight and let the Frenchies know it’s coming home!!

Lucky sod, Carcassonne is a bit kitsch but beautiful. Love it there.
  • Options

At work til 4pm, home by 4:30 so will be avoiding score like that episode of the Likely Lads til I can get on BBC iPlayer catch up...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Not that we won. The way we won.
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff on ITV right now
  • Options
    It's coming home.
  • Options
    Get. The. Fuck. In.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Literally just had a bloke say to me 'we still haven't beaten anyone' miserable c u next Tuesday
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

It was Sweden..
    Here we go
  • Options
    If the wanker I'm working with gives it "did you watch the football" on Monday, after saying we ain't going nowhere and mugging off the result against Panama, I'm sticking my pozidriver through his forehead
  • Options

If the wanker I'm working with gives it "did you watch the football" on Monday, after saying we ain't going nowhere and mugging off the result against Panama, I'm sticking my pozidriver through his forehead

No court in the land would convict you either.

You will of course be deported to Devil's island with Papillon and Dreyfus if you do this in France.
  • Options

No court in the land would convict you either.

You will of course be deported to Devil's island with Papillon and Dreyfus if you do this in France.
    Got a very dear friend what keeps pigs...... oink

; )
  • Options
    I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?

Go.........go to Russia Bob.........do it
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

What to do?

I say do it now rather than waiting. If England don't make it, you're still in Moscow the for the World Cup final.