Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

Oggy Red said:

We have more goals in our strikers this season than last I'm sure.

Not forgetting, most strikers are only as good as the service they are getting.
    Certainly at League One level.

Better service = more chances created = more goals scored.

When our creative players eventually return from injury, then more chances should be created.
    Scoring 1 chance from 3 is the expected return from a striker.

It's only fans who expect strikers to score 3 goals from 3 chances! :smile:

Can you tell me who these magical creative players are ??? Only one that will make any difference is Fosu, and he mainly creates them for himself to score. Reeves hasn't created anything during his (limited) playing time & Clarke wont be back for another couple of months (by which time we will have played around a third of the season)....and even then I doubt he will create much.

the main reason why we haven't got promoted over the past 2 seasons is that 1) we don't have any creative players & 2) we don't have the quality strikers to put away any chances we may create.
    You may have a point.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

We have more goals in our strikers this season than last I'm sure.

Not forgetting, most strikers are only as good as the service they are getting.
    Certainly at League One level.

Better service = more chances created = more goals scored.

When our creative players eventually return from injury, then more chances should be created.
    Scoring 1 chance from 3 is the expected return from a striker.

It's only fans who expect strikers to score 3 goals from 3 chances! :smile:
    Can you tell me who these magical creative players are ??? Only one that will make any difference is Fosu, and he mainly creates them for himself to score. Reeves hasn't created anything during his (limited) playing time & Clarke wont be back for another couple of months (by which time we will have played around a third of the season)....and even then I doubt he will create much.

the main reason why we haven't got promoted over the past 2 seasons is that 1) we don't have any creative players & 2) we don't have the quality strikers to put away any chances we may create.
    Other than this part about Clarke, as he will be back next month, you have a point about creativity.

This is a reason why Bowyer wants to sign that other centre midfielder, be it to be creative or allow Aribo to venture further forward and be another creative player alongside Fosu when he is back, as well as Clarke, but we must give time to Clarke, of course.
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure he is playing for Huddersfield now.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    clive said:
    The Addicks have won every game he has hit the net in.

Erm... Nooooo

Good to know though that he'll go off on International Duty with Cullen and Ward now at the club though so we're not hamstrung (Although the trip to America could end up ruling him out the following game after duty due to jet lag etc.)

Shows how appearances can be deceiving though, from the way he played last season I thought he was a bit of a prick (probably is on the pitch when he's trying to disrupt the opposition) yet he comes across a really nice bloke
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    If anyone is looking to donate to Lyle's fund, the link the SLP has used is off, it should be
    https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/lyles-giving-page-1

The one in the article has a www. added in error.
  • Options
    *imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clive said:
    The Addicks have won every game he has hit the net in.

Erm... Nooooo

Good to know though that he'll go off on International Duty with Cullen and Ward now at the club though so we're not hamstrung (Although the trip to America could end up ruling him out the following game after duty due to jet lag etc.)

Shows how appearances can be deceiving though, from the way he played last season I thought he was a bit of a prick (probably is on the pitch when he's trying to disrupt the opposition) yet he comes across a really nice bloke
    I think he really is a total prick for a while defender to play against but not in a "personal" way, more it's his style of playing and off the pitch he'd be those same defenders best mate. Kermorgant was much the same (this is not to compare the two in quality!)
  • Options
    He worked his socks off today and had a great second half. I just wish he'd wouldn't waste time appealing for decisions - an irritating habit.
  • Options

He worked his socks off today and had a great second half. I just wish he'd wouldn't waste time appealing for decisions - an irritating habit.

Their second goal came from Taylor collecting the ball and then turning his body to shield the ball from the Wycombe player

Right under the nose of the Linesman nothing was given as the Wycombe player just went through him to get the ball and so start the attack that led to the corner... Yes he maybe should have gotten up quicker to get back and help out and so avoid a corner being given but can understand his frustration at countlessly being dumped on his arse with nothing being given
  • Options

Their second goal came from Taylor collecting the ball and then turning his body to shield the ball from the Wycombe player

Right under the nose of the Linesman nothing was given as the Wycombe player just went through him to get the ball and so start the attack that led to the corner... Yes he maybe should have gotten up quicker to get back and help out and so avoid a corner being given but can understand his frustration at countlessly being dumped on his arse with nothing being given
    It happens all the time so you think the penny might have dropped by now. He's not new to this level.
  • Options

Shades of the great Yann today. Magnificent hold up play once the midfield got their act together and actually started passing to our forwards. Loved the time wasting when he was subbed, probably got added on again in the end, but we’ve lacked a bit of that niggly gamesmanship in recent years.

To tune of the Lion Sleeps Tonight:

We are Charlton, The mighty Charlton,
    Lyle Taylor scores our goals.
    Oooh ooooh ooooh there just no stopping him.

If you want, instead of the wimbaway bit you could sing we hate Millwall.

You not joining in then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Shades of the great Yann today. Magnificent hold up play once the midfield got their act together and actually started passing to our forwards. Loved the time wasting when he was subbed, probably got added on again in the end, but we’ve lacked a bit of that niggly gamesmanship in recent years.

You not joining in then?
    Not from Canada.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Just can't get enough

He scores a goal the covered end goes wild.. And I just can't seem to get enough of you.

Dodododododo LYLE TAYLOR
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Only two off the top leading Goalscorer in League One at the moment
  • Options
    Well played and glad he got another goal but he really should have scored that 1 on 1. He had so much time, should have hit it much earlier and had we not gone on to win, we’d have really rued that miss.
  • Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned his overhead kick, if that had been a foot lower it would have been goal of the season!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Well played and glad he got another goal but he really should have scored that 1 on 1. He had so much time, should have hit it much earlier and had we not gone on to win, we’d have really rued that miss.

If I remember rightly it was Grant who had the one on one first half, not Taylor. Doesn’t matter now, we won, he’s on a roll and will only continue to score.
  • Options
    Sage said:

JaShea99 said:

If I remember rightly it was Grant who had the one on one first half, not Taylor. Doesn’t matter now, we won, he’s on a roll and will only continue to score.
    No, the one in the second half where it bounced, their defender missed it and Taylor took an age to hit it, eventually attempting to lift it over the keeper and instead colliding with him.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

You not joining in then?
    Not from Canada.
    Oh, OK. We’ll bear it in mind.
  • Options
    Outstanding in the second half and another goal to his tally.

Bicycle kick in the first half was naughty and could have been a goal which we talked for years and years
  • Options
    Taylor is ahead in the Taylor v Magennis race.

Taylor 4 in 7
    Magennis 3 in 6