Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

Song for him

Ohh woahhh we got Lyle Taylor
    Ohh woahh, he was signed up by Lee Bowyer
    Ohh woahh, he always puts the ball awayyy

Hasn't this song been overdone ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Song for him

Agreed. We've already got it for Aribo, and those Taylor lyrics are terrible.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

Song for him

Woaahhh we've got Lee Bowyer
    Woaahhh he signed Lyle Taylor
    Woaahhh and Darren Pratley
    Woaahhh don't forget Jed Steer
    Woaahhh he gave Morgan his debut
    Woaahhh gave Karlan Grant a chance
    Woaahhh put faith in George Lapslie
    Woaahhh wants Naby to toughen up
    Woaahhh played more formations than Robbo
    Woaahhh he's assisted by Jacko
    Woaahhh he's still caretaker
    Woaahhh waiting for the takeover
    Woaahhh best manager since Chris Powell
    That is some Ivor Novello award winning shit right there!
  • Options

Great to see someone who wasn't good enough for us given a chance in the lower leagues.

See what you done there... you scamp!
  • Options

Great to see someone who wasn't good enough for us given a chance in the lower leagues.

See what you done there... you scamp!
    Genuinely hope he does well for you as I remember hearing big things about him when he was with us, only to be hugely surprised when he was let go.
  • Options
    Great interview that, really impressed with Lyle, both as a player and as a character
  • Options
    Good lad
  • Options
    Based on when we have played against him I thought good player but bit nasty, however in his short time with us he has proved me wrong, seems a really down to earth and likeable lad. Well done Lyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Based on when we have played against him I thought good player but bit nasty, however in his short time with us he has proved me wrong, seems a really down to earth and likeable lad. Well done Lyle.

In his two games for us, you could see the Drogba influence he mentions
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Proper Charlton player. Outstanding thing to do.

Not much to make us proud to be Charlton these day. This makes me proud.
  • Options
    Nice one Kyle, a great cause.

I haven’t got much hair left, so not sure I’ll be joining you!
  • Options
    Seems a top bloke and you kind of think he’ll end up getting Yann type love
  • Options
    Must be able to do something with the Tate & Lyle brand.

Starter for 10:

Spin Spin Sugar
    Great goal Lyle
  • Options
    Worrying to see a few on the match report thread saying he's not good enough. After three matches, and two goals?!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Worrying to see a few on the match report thread saying he's not good enough. After three matches, and two goals?!

Yeah I was surprised. Wasn't at the game and fair play to those that were but I thought he looked the business against Sunderland (first half at least but no worse than anyone else second half) and he scored the next game for 2 in 3. I get that a draw was a disappointing result and he might not have been brilliant today but doubt he was the only one. Really not sure who else people are expecting we should have signed that would have bettered 2 goals in 3. For me he is a great signing.
  • Options
    From what I've seen of him he's done very well so far, don't think it's right to judge him until he has some proper service behind him aka fosu.
  • Options
    Puts himself about a lot & makes a nuisance of himself but not really seen him have a shot in all 3 games. More of a handful than Magennis but wont get too many more goals than him in any case. Needs a proper frontman to feed off him......Vetokele is our only hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Puts himself about a lot & makes a nuisance of himself but not really seen him have a shot in all 3 games. More of a handful than Magennis but wont get too many more goals than him in any case. Needs a proper frontman to feed off him......Vetokele is our only hope.

Personally I think he's an upgrade on magennis and that's who he was bought in to replace. He got 4 more goals and got 2 more assists than Magennis in a worse team last year so of all things about our squad to complain about Taylor is should not be one of them especially after 3 games and 2 goals!

Our squad at the moment do not deserve any grief at the moment. We know there are deficiencys but we should also know where that stems from so until that is resolved people need to get real.
  • Options
    I'm not complaining & agree wholeheartedly thst he is an upgrade on Magennis.

However, imo he wont get enough goals to get us promoted/top 6......and neither will Grant.
  • Options
    I think with Fosu and/or Clarke giving him good service he'd score pretty regularly, if JFC wasn't crocked the two of them would be a dangerous combination too.
    Igor coming back would help as well, having Taylor, Grant and Igor to choose from would give us options to suit most opposition at this level
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Let’s be honest for a moment, we’ve got 5 players out injured at the moment that would be starting if fully fit, we are so lacking in creativity st the moment, and very often resort to hoof ball, our strikers are feeding on scraps, they are just not getting the service from midfield.

Lapslie tries his best, and ran his socks off yesterday, I really like him, but there’s a lot of pressure on a young guy with very little experience.

Mark Marshall looks a shadow of the player I’ve seen play before, and I thought we were even worse when he came on.

We desperately need to sign a creative player if players are going to be out for a while, or we are going to keep throwing away points.

The sooner the lad from afar is gone the better, and then we can start to be run like a normal football club,

This squad would get destroyed in the championship, and even if Bowyer did manage to get us promoted through the playoffs, do you really think he’d be able to strengthen us enough to be competitive?
  • Options

This squad would get destroyed in the championship, and even if Bowyer did manage to get us promoted through the playoffs, do you really think he’d be able to strengthen us enough to be competitive?

Maybe they would, but we're not in the Championship and it's not really relevant to our campaign this season.
    But the team does need to be good enough to prove itself in League One.

Should we ever be promoted, then it's an issue to be addressed at that time.

• Options
    He's an okay player in a pretty thin squad - we have to be realistic. Nothing will change until RD goes...
  • Options

We have more goals in our strikers this season than last I'm sure.

Not forgetting, most strikers are only as good as the service they are getting.
    Certainly at League One level.

Better service = more chances created = more goals scored.

When our creative players eventually return from injury, then more chances should be created.
    Scoring 1 chance from 3 is the expected return from a striker.

It's only fans who expect strikers to score 3 goals from 3 chances! :smile:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Young Taylor was getting himself involved in a niggley confrontation from the get go yesterday. I was watching it all unfold from the halfway line and lots of verbal going on when the ball was nowhere near those involved.
    I’m not sure who was the instigator in all of this but most certainly he was being wound up by the Accrington centre backs......this went on for practically the entire game and at one point led to him being booked. The Accrington lads were of course well aware of this and I’m certain took advantage of the fact. He became more and more frustrated and IMHO his game fell apart, partly as a result of this scenario.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oggy Red said:

We have more goals in our strikers this season than last I'm sure.

Not forgetting, most strikers are only as good as the service they are getting.
    Certainly at League One level.

Better service = more chances created = more goals scored.

When our creative players eventually return from injury, then more chances should be created.
    Scoring 1 chance from 3 is the expected return from a striker.

It's only fans who expect strikers to score 3 goals from 3 chances! :smile:

Can you tell me who these magical creative players are ??? Only one that will make any difference is Fosu, and he mainly creates them for himself to score. Reeves hasn't created anything during his (limited) playing time & Clarke wont be back for another couple of months (by which time we will have played around a third of the season)....and even then I doubt he will create much.

the main reason why we haven't got promoted over the past 2 seasons is that 1) we don't have any creative players & 2) we don't have the quality strikers to put away any chances we may create.