Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Twitter is a wasteland. Honestly think the world would be a better place without it.
    A world without Twitter / Facebook / Instagram would be a lot better - Social Media is one of mans worst inventions in the last 20 years
    I disagree to some extent because it has it's advantages in terms of getting information and things like that.

However it needs to be much better regulated. Any random person can create multiple accounts just to abuse people and that is not on. Stuff like the recent racist abuse to Pogba and Rashford just because they missed a penalty is crazy. Last week Harry Maguire said they should look at introducing measures where you'd have to show some kind of ID in order to register an account, which would mean accounts could be monitored and multiple accounts a lot harder to create. That would be a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Going to the guy's house is a massive step too far but it does seem that Taylor's ego is a bit fragile. This is the 2nd time he has gone "off" social media recently as he had reactions he hasn't liked (albeit unfairly on him on both occasions). I'd imagine tosspot keyboard warriors are giving abuse and probably worse to players all the time, that's part of the sad reality of social media. It wont always be love and kisses and surely Lyle is old enough and intelligent to realise that.
  • Options
    Going to his house is not acceptable, creepy and down right stalkerish
  • Options
    Halix said:
    Brentford have signed Nikos Karelis. Maybe no need for them to come in for Lyle in January now?
    Noticed their manager went over to speak to Lyle after the game.
    “I’ve ordered you an uber for 1st January”
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Halix said:
    Brentford have signed Nikos Karelis. Maybe no need for them to come in for Lyle in January now?
    "Imagine how many you'd have scored today on the end of those crosses."
  • Options
    This is where the twat of an owner really grates.  We should be signing Taylor on a 2 year high wage/bonus contract to keep him focused on banging them in for Charlton.  

He'll be running rings round players in the coming months who will be on far more (double in some cases?) what he is on and anyone performing above standard in their job would expect to be rewarded.

Any owner with football ambition or care for the success of the club on the pitch would have nailed down a contract asap.

I'll be gutted if he goes in January.  He is the on pitch epitome of Bowyer's reign and pivotal to our progression as a football club.
    100% agreed
  • Options
    orchestrating  his exit imo , all the noises we hear from Lyle will be similar , hopefully he will keep focus keep scoring and more than likely move in jan 
  • Options
    Firmly believe he will go in Jan and that will not be to Brentford, doubt they will be pushing for a play off spot by then, he will go to a lower placed prem club or a club pushing for that dream premiership promotion.

Should the structure of our club change or Roland wakes up to the importance of players/leaders like Taylor and we ourselves have a chance to make the play-offs then he might stay.

However based on probability of the above paragraphs he will be off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Why are our some of our fans being able to find a players address? Why follow him home?

Who has the time for that?

Its embaressing. He is just a Charlton player. I hope it was just fans below the age of 15 and they just wanted to meet one of our players.

If not, grow up! Quickly!

A conflict has now occured.

I think he comes across as opinionated and broadly honest on twitter but he has a right to. 

That kind of style is not my cup of tea and I don't think it helps much but he can do what he wants in that sense.

Roland's probably jotted this down in preperation for a January Taylor departure talksport rant. 
    Who has the time to wait outside the ground for an autograph or a picture?? Genuinely didn’t know people did that.
  • Options
    orchestrating  his exit imo , all the noises we hear from Lyle will be similar , hopefully he will keep focus keep scoring and more than likely move in jan 
    Agreed and judging by his career, he doesn’t hang around at clubs too long. Really don’t know what it is with Lyle. He clearly should have had a much better career than what he’s had. I’ve said before he’s after a payday and I get that. I just hope he realises that in order to get his move, he needs to carry on what he’s doing on the pitch. That way, both us and Lyle will benefit come January.
  • Options
    Agreed and judging by his career, he doesn’t hang around at clubs too long. Really don’t know what it is with Lyle. He clearly should have had a much better career than what he’s had. I’ve said before he’s after a payday and I get that. I just hope he realises that in order to get his move, he needs to carry on what he’s doing on the pitch. That way, both us and Lyle will benefit come January.
    We won't benefit.

It will go in Roland's pocket then we might loan someone 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Going to his house is not acceptable, creepy and down right stalkerish
    What's the actual story here, feel like more would be made of it if it's actually happened? 
  • Options
    Firmly believe he will go in Jan and that will not be to Brentford, doubt they will be pushing for a play off spot by then, he will go to a lower placed prem club or a club pushing for that dream premiership promotion.

Should the structure of our club change or Roland wakes up to the importance of players/leaders like Taylor and we ourselves have a chance to make the play-offs then he might stay.

However based on probability of the above paragraphs he will be off. 
    Brentford have already signed a young striker from the Dutch league who will join them in January, so i don't think they'll be going after Taylor.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Halix said:
    Saw it too.
    brentford don’t start winning some games then the manager won’t be there to sign him anyway 😉
  • Options
    Halix said:
    ‘If you had signed for us you could have been playing for a team at the top of the table that scores goals and has fans that get behind the team and their players...and our owners could have sold you for a profit next transfer window in order to pay our new small stadium’
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    We won't benefit.

We will. Goals = points. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simply orchestrating a move, nothing else to see here. I just hope he does enough for us to keep us up and then we move on next season.

Shows once again the real issue at hand though, a competent owner would have offered a lucrative deal to Taylor before the end of last season, doesn't take an expert to realise he is a special player for us. Had a late bloom like many other footballers and now someone else will reap the rewards. 

I agree with people and think he is being an attention seeker, deleting your social media is a well known attention tactic, if you don't realise that you probably just don't use it enough to see it as often as I have. If he truly didn't want to read nonsense posts he would make his account private or mute words. On the other hand fans following him around is a bit weird unless you're under the age of 16.

Massive shame, could have been a true club legend if we handled this correctly
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Just get off the fellas case. People dismissing his reaction as pathetic with no knowledge of what happened , calling him attention seeking etc. He’s an effing top notch player who is playing out of his skin every week and worked his nuts off again for us today. He’s behaving like a model pro even if he does want to leave. He posts a lot on social media but most of it is positive stuff, and we’ve seen very clearly people getting stuck into him on it close to the deadline.

People need to get a grip. Enjoy his positive posts about the games and thanking for support etc and just leave it at that. If he stops performing or working hard and behaving professionally on the pitch, criticise him, otherwise just let the bloke get on with it
    I do agree with a lot of this post tbf. Just a few beers deep and can’t be bothered with our players, especially our good ones, trying to make big statements by deleting social media’s because of two supposed fans. When in reality 99.9% of us are just trying to enjoy s Saturday night where Charlton have won again and are 2nd in championship, whether lyle is to blame for being a bit of an attention seeker or the two idiot fans, it’s just a bit of a tiresome situation. Bare in mind my above post was probs a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the situation ! :) 
    Who says he's trying to make a big statement though? Maybe he just wants a bit of peace from all the notifications, and to save himself from the temptation to argue the toss with people when he and they have had a few beers. Better to disable his account(s) for a bit, than going off on one and getting a disrepute charge.
    Hopefully you’re right mate and it is not a statement at all he is just doing the sensible thing and taking a step back for a while.

@JoshAddick I’m not saying he is ‘not a legend’ because of some twitter stuff. Although he won’t be a legend if he buggers off in January and IF he throws his toys out the pram this season (that’s just my opinion about legendary status, sure others will disagree) - not saying he is doing so!

I was just fed up last night to log onto twitter and see that somehow a very small section of our fans seem to have somehow created a further issue surrounding Lyle when we won a game 1-0? Baffling behaviour from people involved and those that were outside his house. 
  • Options
    A massive fuss about nothing. It's his page, he can say what he likes, delete it when he likes, who really cares?

Those calling him attention seeking are also a bit weird. He's deleted his page, he can't get attention from that. Deleting it suggests the exact opposite and that he doesn't want the messages/abuse/attention etc.

If anyone is seriously bothered by a player they don't personally know deleting his twitter page then it's time to re-evaluate your life. 
    Not really because people are talking about it and that’s what he wants same as last time the bloke had a wobbly, deleted twitter but posted consistently on Instagram knowing our fans would lick his arsehole cos he’s quite good at football. I’m not bothered about it he can do what he wants but my opinion on it is that he’s an attention seeking whinger, I can’t get my head round an adult man who Is mostly adored by 99.9% of our fans moaning to anyone about 1 random person he doesn’t know calling him a tart of all things ffs 
  • Options
    A massive fuss about nothing. It's his page, he can say what he likes, delete it when he likes, who really cares?

Those calling him attention seeking are also a bit weird. He's deleted his page, he can't get attention from that. Deleting it suggests the exact opposite and that he doesn't want the messages/abuse/attention etc.

If anyone is seriously bothered by a player they don't personally know deleting his twitter page then it's time to re-evaluate your life. 
    Not really because people are talking about it and that’s what he wants same as last time the bloke had a wobbly, deleted twitter but posted consistently on Instagram knowing our fans would lick his arsehole cos he’s quite good at football. I’m not bothered about it he can do what he wants but my opinion on it is that he’s an attention seeking whinger, I can’t get my head round an adult man who Is mostly adored by 99.9% of our fans moaning to anyone about 1 random person he doesn’t know calling him a tart of all things ffs 
    The irony in this post is stunning.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    We won't benefit.

We will. Goals = points. 

Meant when Taylor leaves Charlton. We won't benefit from the departure. The money received won't go towards other player recruitment.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    We won't benefit.

We will. Goals = points. 

Meant when Taylor leaves Charlton. We won't benefit from the departure. The money received won't go towards other player recruitment.
    Not necessarily true. The money from Dijksteel was a definite factor in our late recruitment in the transfer window.
  • Options
    On the Expectations for next season thread I added on June 24th... 

That 18-19 hero Lyle Taylor will have a fall out with ‘Charlton fans’ on social media’

Some things look like an accident waiting to happen 
  • Options
    He will be replaced in jan , knowing bows,Gallen his replacement will be even better! Top 6 🙃
  • Options

Yeah to be fair....he has made a bit of an over the top drama in regards to this.

If he just left it alone and didn't wear his heart on his sleeve at the wrong time...this would have just been forgotten about by now.

People can be irritating but you have to let things go.