Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    No lee the reality is we are owned by some Belgian ponce, who doesn’t want to back the manager and doesn’t want to sell all those who were loving it that Roland kept Lyle - its only to make more in January.

lyle is still being a model pro instead of sulking he’s bagged 4 goals already, would be interesting to know what we will over him compared to other clubs, really is a shame that we don’t have an owner that will back a manager. 
  • Options
    I assume this means there's zero chance of him signing a new contract?

Also unless a side have money to burn, i'll be surprised if we get more than the 4m Brentford offered, when a side could get him for free 6 months later.

If you were Taylor's agent you'd be advising him to stay put and take a hefty cut that a club was going to pay for a transfer fee to him as a signing on fee.
  • Options
    A struggling Prem outfit have money to chuck at the chance of survival. 
  • Options
    We might get bigger offers if he keeps scoring as that could lead to serious interest from more than just a couple of clubs.
  • Options
    See Bauer's move... Unless Roland goes expect Lyle to leave also.
  • Options
    Can only hope that if Lyle is likely to leave in January that we ensure we have a good few options lined up first
  • Options
    hes pretty much gone, unless we can offer him close to what a lot of clubs are offering when you look at money floating about even if we were to stick him on triple his current salary ( believed to be 6k - which is a joke for the this level ), clubs can offer a lot more than that in addition to the signing on fee. 
  • Options
    Toney will replace lyle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Toney will replace lyle
    this brighton paying a portion of his wages - why else would Roland have 2 decent ( for this level ) strikers, same with kag last year - the bloke is a parasite and needs to get out asap. 

meanwhile lets enjoy taylor while it lasts. 

that is the most frustrating thing we arent on our asses we have an owner that simpy will not back because hes a stubborn cnut. 
  • Options
    Toney will replace lyle
    this brighton paying a portion of his wages - why else would Roland have 2 decent ( for this level ) strikers, same with kag last year - the bloke is a parasite and needs to get out asap. 

that is the most frustrating thing we arent on our asses we have an owner that simpy will not back because hes a stubborn cnut. 
    Your thinking of Hemed; Toney is the Striker @ Peterborough
  • Options
    Toney will replace lyle

Your thinking of Hemed; Toney is the Striker @ Peterborough
    yep i am, read it wrong even still maybe im wrong but cant see roland splashing out for the peterborough striker and certainly not more than we will get for lyle. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Theres absolutely zero benefit selling him in january as theres realistically no way to replace him. Keep until the end of the season and let him go on a free or resign with the new owners.... he deserves a pay day imo
    Looking at it purely from a business point of view, if we can get 5m for a striker who will be 30 this season, and who is going to leave anyway for free 6 months later, and can sign a decent young striker to replace him for 3-4m then it'd make sense.

It all relies on Roland agreeing to release funds though.

The alternative is not selling him, he goes for free and then Bowyer has to look around for freebies to replace him. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Theres absolutely zero benefit selling him in january as theres realistically no way to replace him. Keep until the end of the season and let him go on a free or resign with the new owners.... he deserves a pay day imo
    Looking at it purely from a business point of view, if we can get 5m for a striker who will be 30 this season, and who is going to leave anyway for free 6 months later, and can sign a decent young striker to replace him for 3-4m then it'd make sense.

It all relies on Roland agreeing to release funds though.

The alternative is not selling him, he goes for free and then Bowyer has to look around for freebies to replace him. 
    I dont see someone buying him for that kind of money with 6 months left on his deal. 'IF' we are near the playoffs youre better off keeping what you know and making the money back that way. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If Lyle gets 10-15 goals by Jan, its unlikely he will end up at Brentford, its more likely he will go to a lower prem side for a lot more then the 4 million Brentford offered. Of course if hes scored that many by then, I think we would probably be competing at the top of the championship at the point, so theres a small chance that could motivate him to stay.

Personally I think theres a 90% chance he will be gone in Jan, but as we were trying to get replacement in when Brentford were sniffing around him we will probably do that again. Just like Lyles head was turned by Brentford, perhaps Ivan Toney now has an eye on coming to us in Jan.

Whatever happens, Lee seems to have persuaded RD that he cant go unless we are looking to get a high quality replacement in, which is good. A contrast to last season when Karlan went and we got Josh Parker. 
  • Options
    2 options for you (prices are just assumptions for arguments sake)

A. We keep Taylor all season but he leaves for free in the summer.

B. We sell Taylor for 5m and replace him with Toney 4.5m and Taylor (Bristol City) 500k.

• Options
    matty taylor has joined oxford on a loabn can he be recalled?. 
  • Options
    matty taylor has joined oxford on a loabn can he be recalled?. 
    Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Can only hope that if Lyle is likely to leave in January that we ensure we have a good few options lined up first
    The great thing having Bowyer and Gallen is we don't have to hope, we can be sure of it. There are a lot of things that can happen between now and January. The thing with Taylor is, whilst I think it was a mistake for Aribo to leave us for more money, Taylor's age means he has to look at silly salary offers. Nobody can begrudge him that. But if we are say, top three in January, we would probably try to keep him and if we get promoted he would get a pretty decent deal to stay.
  • Options
    We can offer whatever we can, doesn't mean Taylor will sign it. 

I'm sure Wimbledon tried to break the bank to sign him to a contract as well, didn't matter. 
  • Options
    2 options for you (prices are just assumptions for arguments sake)

A. We keep Taylor all season but he leaves for free in the summer.

B. We sell Taylor for 5m and replace him with Toney 4.5m and Taylor (Bristol City) 500k.

Zero chance of selling for 5m when he only has 6 months left. We'd be lucky to get 1m at best. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If a Premier club offer a two year contract in January to Lyle: eg: Southampton for 30k a week and 3 million then Bowyer won't want to stand in his way and Duchatelet(who unfortunately will still be the owner) will accept because the contract will only have six months to run.
    The problem then is Peterborough turned down 4 million which would've been the Taylor money from the Brentford deal.
    I can't see RD improving the amount for Toney if he gets less  in Jan for Lyle than was offered in August window

We won't be able to replace him in January with a goal scorer who is also superb when he drifts wide.
    Unfair on Bonne, Hemed, Aneke or who ever comes in to replace him.
    Lyle Taylor Baby is a one off for Cafc. 
    The strange thing is until he got to Wimbledon at 28 he was totally under the radar and had a modest career !

The chat Bowyer and JJ had with him after 3 games last season about increases his work rate has transformed his whole game.

I'm missing him and he hasn't gone yet !
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I was 90 per cent convinced Lyle would be off in January, now LB has come out with the story , i'm 100 per cent resigned to the fact he's off, and good luck to him, hope we've got replacements lined up, will need 2 more strikers.

Always thought this was going to happen, hence the signings of Hemed and Aneke, Lyle's just got to remain professional , work hard , stay focused , and just keep on scoring!

I do wonder if Lb wants to create a bit of an auction by putting it out there that Lyles's available in January, just hope we don't drag it out all the way through January, and get the players we need.
  • Options
    He may stay the season and let his contract run out as he did before
  • Options
    Think if someone like Newcastle are in the relegation zone in January could easily get 5 million plus for Lyle. 
  • Options
    Think if someone like Newcastle are in the relegation zone in January could easily get 5 million plus for Lyle. 
    Yep...will save on agents' fees as it will be a transfer within Mike Ashley's network.
  • Options
    Yep...will save on agents' fees as it will be a transfer within Mike Ashley's network.
  • Options
    Might be swap deal Roland for Mike