Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Reading all these comments and thinking to myself...

I suppose people must love the drama.

• Options
    Twitter is a wasteland. Honestly think the world would be a better place without it.
    A world without Twitter / Facebook / Instagram would be a lot better - Social Media is one of mans worst inventions in the last 20 years
    Internet forums are technically a Social Media.
  • Options
    Simply orchestrating a move, nothing else to see here. I just hope he does enough for us to keep us up and then we move on next season.

Shows once again the real issue at hand though, a competent owner would have offered a lucrative deal to Taylor before the end of last season, doesn't take an expert to realise he is a special player for us. Had a late bloom like many other footballers and now someone else will reap the rewards. 

I agree with people and think he is being an attention seeker, deleting your social media is a well known attention tactic, if you don't realise that you probably just don't use it enough to see it as often as I have. If he truly didn't want to read nonsense posts he would make his account private or mute words. On the other hand fans following him around is a bit weird unless you're under the age of 16.

Massive shame, could have been a true club legend if we handled this correctly
    We all know Roland should have given Taylor the new deal and pay rise he deserves. Contracts still mean nothing though, we still wouldn’t have been able to keep him if a Prem or top Champ club come in for him in January. 
  • Options
    What NLA said, cor, how would the geezer cope in the prem if he ever played for Liverpool.

Wondering how he'd have even coped if he would have been on top of his game for last 10 years rather than just 14months with Charlton. 
  • Options
    The utter shit that’s being written about him by a small amount of morons on Twitter makes me so angry. I wouldn’t blame him for leaving if he reads the lies some of our so called fans putting out on social media.
    It's easy mate, just ignore it it, I'm sure footballers all deal with it everyday. 
    Probably just rival fans on a wind up as always. No need to react it, easier to react though. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    Why are our some of our fans being able to find a players address? Why follow him home?

Who has the time for that?

Its embaressing. He is just a Charlton player. I hope it was just fans below the age of 15 and they just wanted to meet one of our players.

If not, grow up! Quickly!

A conflict has now occured.

I think he comes across as opinionated and broadly honest on twitter but he has a right to. 

That kind of style is not my cup of tea and I don't think it helps much but he can do what he wants in that sense.

Roland's probably jotted this down in preperation for a January Taylor departure talksport rant. 
    Who has the time to wait outside the ground for an autograph or a picture?? Genuinely didn’t know people did that.
    I used to when my children were younger, but they insisted it wasn’t necessary when they both reached their 30s 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The utter shit that’s being written about him by a small amount of morons on Twitter makes me so angry. I wouldn’t blame him for leaving if he reads the lies some of our so called fans putting out on social media.
    Why would he leave because of that ? Believe it or not other clubs fans use social media too and by all accounts they have morons that post shit as well, some of it clearly a lot worse given recent press reports.
  • Options
    Why would he leave because of that ? Believe or not other clubs fans use social media too and by all accounts they have morons that post shit as well, some of it clearly a lot worse given recent press reports.
    Well it’s obvious he’s getting totally fed up of the trolls . It definitely won’t help keep him here .
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I agree, all clubs have morons that support them. Listen to Man U fans after Saturday! Most fans are not morons, and whatever Taylor does, we (the majority of fans) will think no ill of him. We will be grateful for what he has done for us and he will always get a warm welcome at the Valley.  I wouldn't say it is a definite he will be leaving in January - possibly it is likely, but definitely not a certainty. Lots of things can happen between now and then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure we have already tried to tie Lyle to a new contract but it won't be as much as another club will offer him next summer. This will be his last chance of a big personal payday so I'm sure he will be moving on. As long as he gives his best until he leaves then we should all be grateful for his service.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    let the player play football 
    hopefully he scores a rake of goals between now and jan when he will likely go in which ill wish him the best - providing some sort of replacement is sorted. 
  • Options
    Pretty certain he’s off January.  It’s got to the point where I’ve so much faith in Bowyer and Gallen that I won’t be nowhere as bothered as I thought I would be.  

I’d look for the next Lyle, Clarke-Harris from Bristol rovers would be my pick, keeps scoring goals in a poor side, cheap and affordable wages and has a good combination of hold up play and pace as does Lyle, 25 years old as well plenty of time for improvement.

And no real pressure on him because we now have depth that could start over him.

It’ll be tough for some to take but we have to look forward.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hugely impressed with Lyle's attitude this season. So many players in his position have behaved like stroppy teenagers when they haven't been able to engineer a move. People who give him abuse need to take a long hard look at themselves. 
  • Options
    If we are pushing hard the playoffs in Jan and he leaves it'll be devasting... make no bones about it 
  • Options
    Simply orchestrating a move, nothing else to see here. I just hope he does enough for us to keep us up and then we move on next season.

Shows once again the real issue at hand though, a competent owner would have offered a lucrative deal to Taylor before the end of last season, doesn't take an expert to realise he is a special player for us. Had a late bloom like many other footballers and now someone else will reap the rewards. 

I agree with people and think he is being an attention seeker, deleting your social media is a well known attention tactic, if you don't realise that you probably just don't use it enough to see it as often as I have. If he truly didn't want to read nonsense posts he would make his account private or mute words. On the other hand fans following him around is a bit weird unless you're under the age of 16.

We all know Roland should have given Taylor the new deal and pay rise he deserves. Contracts still mean nothing though, we still wouldn’t have been able to keep him if a Prem or top Champ club come in for him in January. 
    Whether Taylor "deserves" this or that new contract, roly demonstrates his utter idiocy by not offering Taylor, and others, the market rate.
    Taylor will be enticed away in January. roly will be offered sums for Taylor in January.  The better the contract that LT is on come 1 January (up to a point), the bigger the offer has to be to sign him.  Konsa, Grant, Aribo went for peanuts and pissall because they were on pisspoor contracts.  Brentford made millions out of Konsa simply because roly is an arrogant lunatic.  Taylor understands this.  If he were the cynical mercenary some accuse him of, he'd sign roly's derisory deal now and eff off in January anyway.  Pay him something close to median championship wages til December and roly will get it all back and more besides in January.  roly's bullshit about minimising the overheads is just that, it simply doesn't wash.  Why should we expect any of the players to stick around a minute longer than necessary when they know full well that the captain of the ship is mad, short-sighted, ignorant and self obsessed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as ive said before if the contracts were compariable ( within 5% ) to what he would get elsewhere then i would be annoyed as i would like to see a bit of loyalty from him, BUT we know he wont get offered that also - whilst we are "up for sale" the management have a budget there is a ceiling which we can offer him and that is it unfortunately. 
  • Options

Pretty sure Taylor wont leave because of a few idiots calling themselves Charlton fans and lets be honest we have a few nowadays. He will leave because the contract he is on and being offered is lower than anything he would get from any other Championship club and probably a good few League 1 clubs.

Only one person to blame Roland

• Options

Whether Taylor "deserves" this or that new contract, roly demonstrates his utter idiocy by not offering Taylor, and others, the market rate.
    Taylor will be enticed away in January. roly will be offered sums for Taylor in January.  The better the contract that LT is on come 1 January (up to a point), the bigger the offer has to be to sign him.  Konsa, Grant, Aribo went for peanuts and pissall because they were on pisspoor contracts.  Brentford made millions out of Konsa simply because roly is an arrogant lunatic.  Taylor understands this.  If he were the cynical mercenary some accuse him of, he'd sign roly's derisory deal now and eff off in January anyway.  Pay him something close to median championship wages til December and roly will get it all back and more besides in January.  roly's bullshit about minimising the overheads is just that, it simply doesn't wash.  Why should we expect any of the players to stick around a minute longer than necessary when they know full well that the captain of the ship is mad, short-sighted, ignorant and self obsessed?
    I disagree, if players like Konsa and Aribo were on bigger and better contracts, Roland would have been even more desperate to get rid of them!
  • Options
    Premiership goal for a full house?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    this isn’t working
  • Options
    Maybe
  • Options
    quoted in one of today's papers;

" who knows where the story ends, but i dont think it's here, nothing changed for me its another challenge "

the transfer window is closed so any chance these journalists can bore off with this crap, until the window opens again. 

I am of the opinion that we will offer him a new deal ( which wont be as good as other clubs ) he will then leave and it will be a case of oh hes greedy etc. 

someone of lyles age i get, aribo on the other hand its up to him after yesterdays performance in the only matches anyone bothers to watch - he wont be going to the premier league anytime soon and i stick by its a backwards move.