Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    matty taylor 36 apps 4 goals- 18-19
    lyle taylor 45 apps 25 goals - 18-19

speaks volumes of the "well be alright " camp

• Options
    I've resigned to losing him if I'm honest. I love him as a player and think he's our best striker since Benty but I just don't see Roland turning down a fee of 5 million or whatever it is, when has he ever really cared about doing something to keep us happy except keeping Bowyer? At the moment I'm not too bothered by it either, if he goes and it causes a decent enough chain reaction, i.e. protests ramp up and it forces Roland to go. Taylor going and CAFC being sold is a better scenario than Taylor staying and we have Roland for the foreseeable future. 

I reckon he goes and we get in one more loan and Taylor from Bristol City for a cheap fee
    Do you rate him higher than Yann? 
  • Options
    matty taylor 36 apps 4 goals- 18-19
    lyle taylor 45 apps 25 goals - 18-19

speaks volumes of the "well be alright " camp

Well one was in the Championship, one was in League One for starters

If you took Matt Taylor's last League One full season the stats would be:

Played: 46 | Scored: 27

His last half season was - Played: 26 | Scored: 16
    taylor already has 1 this season finally i think he gets on well with the rest of the team which togetherness is vital in us staying up/mid table. 
  • Options
    Way reports suggest Taylor has been - I’m wondering if we are tapping up Toney as a seven figure signing with sell on value.

Toney record in league one similar to Lyles?

Id rather keep a happy Taylor. That’s what I want.

But think if he left we would go bigger in the transfer market than we would have by miles.

Of all the managers we have Gallen and LB are the best of extracting the max return from our shitstain of an owner 
  • Options
    Also got to remember that Matty Taylor doesnt get many goals at this level because he hardly ever starts

When he did start last season (four games) he scored in three of them

Sounds another like Karlan Grant who if started more often could get into a good run of scoring form yet just isnt given a chance @ City

Like @Laddick01 said, its almost like they signed him just to piss off Bristol Rovers
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I've resigned to losing him if I'm honest. I love him as a player and think he's our best striker since Benty but I just don't see Roland turning down a fee of 5 million or whatever it is, when has he ever really cared about doing something to keep us happy except keeping Bowyer? At the moment I'm not too bothered by it either, if he goes and it causes a decent enough chain reaction, i.e. protests ramp up and it forces Roland to go. Taylor going and CAFC being sold is a better scenario than Taylor staying and we have Roland for the foreseeable future. 

I reckon he goes and we get in one more loan and Taylor from Bristol City for a cheap fee
    Yeah, I think they're both quality but just think Lyle has the edge cause of his better ability to beat a man and drift out wide etc. There's no doubts though that they were pretty equal in terms of being a physical player and Yann definitely beats Lyle skillwise. I would have loved to see them play together
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Chizz said:

In terms of importance, he has to be up there if not beyond Yann's League 1 season?

Yann - P39, GS 12, A 5
    Lyle - P45, GS 25, A 13

Higher goal participation, more goals scored, works as hard, made other players look better. 

To those saying Lyle did nothing before joining us...
    League 1
    17/18 P52, GS 18, A 8
    16/17 P50, GS 14, A 6
  • Options
    the only thing i don't get it lyle seemed over the moon to score last Saturday and not being funny he must of known people would come in for him - is likely a very tough decision for him to make. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the last bid including the cash up front. 

starting to hopefully think a new contract may of been signed a little while back and hasn't been announced yet, as this is v unlike Roland.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

starting to hopefully think a new contract may of been signed a little while back and hasn't been announced yet, as this is v unlike Roland.
    You're assuming that the twunt keeps up/is kept up to the minute on supposed transfer offers.
    Didn't LB try to get LT the previous summer?  LT saw out his time at Wimbledon and came to Charlton despite bigger money on offer from Sunderland?
    LT knows about Brentford's alleged interest of course but he's already proved he's about more than just the £££'s.
    With Brentford's new found liquidity are they not gonna be fishing for players proven at this level, rather than a bloke with 3 years in League One being the pinnacle.
    I know transfer fees have gone batshit but £3M+, they can get all sorts for that kind of wedge.
    Whatever LB & SG have been saying to the twunt, I'm sure they'll have been majoring on "Mr Duchatelet, if you sanction the disposal of the fans' favourite and our leading goalscorer you'll unleash hell, they'll come looking for you, you really don't wanna find out how mad they'll get, plus we'll be screwed no goals at all"
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    They’ve got a brand new 17k capacity stadium to fund and probably think they can sell him on for a profit if they buy him cheaply ?
  • Options
    2 hours 38 minutes to go. 
  • Options

You're assuming that the twunt keeps up/is kept up to the minute on supposed transfer offers.
    Didn't LB try to get LT the previous summer?  LT saw out his time at Wimbledon
    That would have been KR
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    They’ve got a brand new 17k capacity stadium to fund and probably think they can sell him on for a profit if they buy him cheaply ?
    I meant why would ‘we’ reject the bids.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Because he's our best player and is worth more than we're being offered?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Maybe the bids were made to Gallen....and he hasn't told roland...🤔
  • Options
    brentford probably have a budget of around 5/6 mill to spend i am confident that if they made a cash bid of 6 mill cash we would sell. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Goes against everything we know about Roland though.

A chance to get 3m+ off his losses, you'd think he'd have bitten their hand off.
  • Options
    Still don’t believe he is going anywhere. Bowyer said Dijksteel leaving was his call. As long as the same goes for Taylor, and I believe it will, no way is Bowyer letting him go. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

A chance to get 3m+ off his losses, you'd think he'd have bitten their hand off.
    Can't believe RD wouldn't sell?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

Can't believe RD wouldn't sell?
    Sell any player he gets a bid for
  • Options
    brentford probably have a budget of around 5/6 mill to spend i am confident that if they made a cash bid of 6 mill cash we would sell. 
    And at least we wouldnt be totally mugged off as usual with £2.5m/£3m
  • Options
    pioneer said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Maybe the bids were made to Gallen....and he hasn't told roland...🤔
    SSSSSHHHHH ! FFS ! 

Now you've blown it !!
  • Options
    6mil made earlier on in the window would have been a really good price for Lyle
  • Options
    Please don't shoot the messenger and sorry if this has already been posted, but someone I know, who is at SL for other business on a regular basis has just said on Facebook (1 hour ago) that she "knows Lt and Bow had a big fall out on Tuesday and that's why he never trained yesterday". Only passing it on as this is his thread on the forum.
  • Options
    I hear he has been active on Twitter... blocking people!