Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Song by Flipp is “leave me alone”

posted a clip of the song on Instagram too
    Also posted the word ‘sabali’ meaning patience 
    Sabali could also be the name of our new signing!
    Sounds foreign, must be good.
    Christophe Lepoint: sounds foreign, must be good.

Oh.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    As bad as you want to address it... Some things are better left unsaid

• Options
    Full of respect for Lyle. He's standing up for the principles he believes in, when inhabiting a world where principles are discarded like chip papers. 
  • Options
    As bad as you want to address it... Some things are better left unsaid

You say it best, when you say nothing at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Full of respect for Lyle. He's standing up for the principles he believes in, when inhabiting a world where principles are discarded like chip papers. 

What do you mean? Standing up for what principles? 

deleted the flipp flop bit, that was from an unposted draft. 
  • Options
    Players should keep off social media given the volatile nature of it unless they can handle it.
    People should keep off social media given the volatile nature of it unless they can handle it. 

Why should a player keep off of it more than anyone else? Vulgar and volatile behaviour through social media is not limited to celebrities and sports personalities. It is across all mediums of social media, keyboard warriors are everywhere. 
  • Options
    Think Lyle needs to keep right off social media for a day or two. I’m sure it’s very annoying for him getting bombarded with questions when he probably doesn’t know what’s going to happen himself but at present he’s doing himself no favours. 
    Maybe 'fans' shouldn't read into every post. It could be completely unrelated to footballing matters.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think Lyle needs to keep right off social media for a day or two. I’m sure it’s very annoying for him getting bombarded with questions when he probably doesn’t know what’s going to happen himself but at present he’s doing himself no favours. 
    Maybe 'fans' shouldn't read into every post. It could be completely unrelated to footballing matters.
    There’s no chance that saying ‘leave me alone’, ‘patience’ and ‘as bad as you wanna address it, some things are better off unsaid’ aren’t related to the transfer scenario he’s currently in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can take it if he goes (although still gutted and angry) but it’s the adoring children that I’d feel the most sorry for.
    What about me? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Players should keep off social media given the volatile nature of it unless they can handle it.
    People should keep off social media given the volatile nature of it unless they can handle it. 

Why should a player keep off of it more than anyone else? Vulgar and volatile behaviour through social media is not limited to celebrities and sports personalities. It is across all mediums of social media, keyboard warriors are everywhere. 
    Players are high profile and open to personal attacks - I'm assuming they have a lot more followers than the average person.
    I imagine it must be pretty unpleasant to get abuse off total strangers - just saying.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    There’s no chance that saying ‘leave me alone’, ‘patience’ and ‘as bad as you wanna address it, some things are better off unsaid’ aren’t related to the transfer scenario he’s currently in.
    Little chance, but not zero chance.
  • Options
    After the initial anger yesterday I am a little bit more positive today.

I am now in the let's wait and see camp. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Of course footballers have as much right as anyone else to tweet, twat or whatever but they have to live with the consequences and not go all “I want to be alone”. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Of course footballers have as much right as anyone else to tweet, twat or whatever but they have to live with the consequences and not go all “I want to be alone”. 
    Songs by Mr Dinero
    Play Fair
    Say No More
    The Guala Way
    On Some
    Running Up Bands
    I Do
    Hunnit & Fifty
    Livin' It
    Wanna Ball
    You Know It
    Time Goes Down
    Leave Me Alone
    If I Tell You

It seems he didn't say I want to be alone... He could be saying "Say no more" or "Time Goes Down" meaning we're running out of time to bring in players. Or he could simply be enjoying Mr Dinero's aggressive retaliation to the woman he loved lying to him in 'Leave me alone'. Maybe Lyle feels lied to...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He is the one who should be leaving Twitter alone.

Look at his past career and it is quite clear he looks after number one - himself. Footballers are selfish and arrogant with few exceptions. It saddens me to count Lyle in with the majority.

I will be gutted when he leaves (and it is when imo) but can't be surprised. I agree with @JdCam that it would be great if more of the Wembley squad showed some gratitude and respect to LB and JJ for how much they have improved at CAFC. But dream on, sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many times did we say no deal to boro over Dijksteel before we accepted their offer. Who believes There will not be any more bids for Taylor before we accept one?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    How many times did we say no deal to boro over Dijksteel before we accepted their offer. Who believes There will not be any more bids for Taylor before we accept one?
    If by some miracle Taylor doesn't go by 5pm tomorrow he will definitely go in January especially if (when) we are struggling.
  • Options
    I can take it if he goes (although still gutted and angry) but it’s the adoring children that I’d feel the most sorry for.
    And Grannies ! 
  • Options
    And Grannies ! 

Hahahaha.  Well played! 
  • Options
    Someone has changed his wiki page to read that his current club is Boro !!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lyle James Alfred Taylor (born 29 March 1990) is a professional footballer who plays as a striker for Championship club Charlton Athletic and the Montserrat national team.

Reverted already... Meaning either you changed it thinking it'll be lols but didn't realise Wikipedia reverts unverified changes, or it was changed by someone else and not verified so it's reverted already.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lyle James Alfred Taylor (born 29 March 1990) is a professional footballer who plays as a striker for Championship club Charlton Athletic and the Montserrat national team.

Reverted already... Meaning either you changed it thinking it'll be lols but didn't realise Wikipedia reverts unverified changes, or it was changed by someone else and not verified so it's reverted already.
    I wouldn't know how to change it TBH