Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Clubs do not play players so not to activate contracts. It's a two way street.
    If a clause like that is in a contract then that contract has not been broken.
  • edited April 2022
  • Funny how when Lyle did or said shitty things about other clubs during his time with us it was 'top bants' or 'top shithousery'

Now he's doing/saying things about us, he's a scumbag.  

Personally always felt he was/is a crap human being, but a good footballer at this level.  What he's doing now is no surprise, he's done it throughout his career
  • Lyle is a knob-head alright. Annoyingly, he's playing very well for Brum at the moment. He shouldn't insult us...but we are a bit of a clown club at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next year or two.
  • AndyG said:
    Agree 100% you cant blame the bloke for going for more money. BUT I can blame him for refusing to see his contract out and that probably got us relegated 
    10 games without 14 1st team players available around Xmas/New Year was at least as important , if not more so. If I remember correctly we won once in those 10,a goal line clearance that hit Davison on the back and went in to beat Leeds 1-0 at the Valley. On the run in vs  Reading Aneke scored good goal ruled offside. We lost and that that point would have saved us and brought Reading down into the scrap. So basically those 3 games you quote were no more important than any others, probably less important than these two events but don't suit your narrative. Taylor was a good quality striker at 1st div level, and did what anyone else would do to get a x4 salary increase. Just calm down and move on.
  • edited April 2022
    Lyle is a knob-head alright. Annoyingly, he's playing very well for Brum at the moment. He shouldn't insult us...but we are a bit of a clown club at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next year or two.
    He's done well, but not that well - he scored 3 in 4 to start with and since then he's got 2 in 8 games hut both were penalties.

Given he's 32, I'd look elsewhere if I was a Championship chairman/manager looking for a striker in the summer, although I think he'd do a decent job in League One (again), or in the SPL.

Not interested in having him back here though!
  • Lyle is a knob-head alright. Annoyingly, he's playing very well for Brum at the moment. He shouldn't insult us...but we are a bit of a clown club at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next year or two.
    He's done well, but not that well - he scored 3 in 4 to start with and since then he's got 2 in 8 games hut both were penalties.

Given he's 32, I'd look elsewhere if I was a Championship chairman/manager looking for a striker in the summer, although I think he'd do a decent job in League One (again), or in the SPL.

Like with us, even when he’s not scoring he’s by far Birmingham’s best player. He’s a talisman at that level and they’re all desperate to sign him. 
  • edited April 2022
    Lyle is a knob-head alright. Annoyingly, he's playing very well for Brum at the moment. He shouldn't insult us...but we are a bit of a clown club at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next year or two.

Like with us, even when he’s not scoring he’s by far Birmingham’s best player. He’s a talisman at that level and they’re all desperate to sign him. 
    You may be right.

I just think I'd be aiming a bit higher as a Championship club than a 32 year old who has only ever got 20 odd goals at Championship level (in 3 years), including regular penalties.

At L1 level, I think he'd do a very good job for someone.
  • Sponsored links:

• BodBod
    edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    Bod said:
    Considering his highest profile moments were in our shirt and he couldn’t wait to dump on his beloved Wimbledon quick enough to get here I’d say he proves time and time again what a classless knob he truly is, generally an arse splinter receiver in tier 2 and as that guy said- it won’t be long before he’s slopping around in tier 4 with his “beloved” Wimbledon.
    Not fit to clean King Clive’s boots!
    Starting every game for Birmingham at the moment and still one of the best strikers we’ve had since the Prem years.
    Yes he was good for us until he became way to “big” for us. Didn’t really cut it at “Big School” and I don’t imagine Birmingham have much in the way of great strikers so it’s no surprise he starts.  It’s reasonable to assume he will eventually wind up at somewhere like Wimbledon. 
    Still a total knob though.
  • There you go Lyle, if you were not such a selfish prick you might have won Steve Cooper over and be playing premiership football next season.
  • There you go Lyle, if you were not such a selfish prick you might have won Steve Cooper over and be playing premiership football next season.
    He was on the pitch celebrating….
    He'll get a lovely pay rise though, won't he?
  • edited May 2022
    There you go Lyle, if you were not such a selfish prick you might have won Steve Cooper over and be playing premiership football next season.
    so what won’t be there next season, Cooper thinks he is shit.

Doing a John Terry, wanker.
  • Why was he the only player that wasn't  involved in the game to go onto the balcony.

what a c**t, can't miss an opportunity for it to be about him
    David Brent coming to the Christmas party vibes.
  • Why was he the only player that wasn't  involved in the game to go onto the balcony.

I noticed him photo bomb right into the centre of one of the team celebration shots too, whereas all the other suit boys were more gracefully at the back. 

I wonder if he has he even got a contract at forest for next season....
  • Kips said:
    Why was he the only player that wasn't  involved in the game to go onto the balcony.

I noticed him photo bomb right into the centre of one of the team celebration shots too, whereas all the other suit boys were more gracefully at the back. 

Believed to be under contract until the end of the 2022/23 season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kips said:
    Why was he the only player that wasn't  involved in the game to go onto the balcony.

Believed to be under contract until the end of the 2022/23 season.
    Cheers Clive.
  • The prick himself and Arter will be getting a nice payday after Forest's promotion.
  • Yep , he’s got to be on a promotion bonus 
    it was a life changing move for him and a complete fuck off to us 
    still our goodwill wouldn’t have  been paying his bills in ten years 
  • He's got what he was looking for

I highly doubt he will be making any appearances for them next season and he will get released in the 23 summer but he probably won't care too much.

He was in the Wembley dressing room pouring champagne on the forest captain because he knows he's in for a bonus treat £££ more recognition and more air time. 

Might eventually get a job on skysports - due to being a gobby complaining attention seeking desperate knob.

Will ditch bowyer again and won't return to Brum. 
  • Will 100% spend the summer describing himself as a Premier League footballer. To be honest I find his entire self-centred world view fairly hilarious. He's like a satire on footballers but in real life
  • He's just a pleb. He's not really gone down well beyond London.
  • Yep , he’s got to be on a promotion bonus 
    it was a life changing move for him and a complete fuck off to us 
    still our goodwill wouldn’t have  been paying his bills in ten years 

Professional footballers come in all shapes and sizes and then you have Lyle Taylor.
    Fraser at Bournemouth and others did the same thing after the Covid position footballers found their selves in.

Oohaah wins the prize for the most accurate and honest description of a type of footballer in the post Bosman era.

Your prize is being a Charlton Athletic sufferer until you die. Don't try reading the small print because I have tried and despite giving up my season ticket I was still at 13 home matches and watched 10 Cafc away matches on Charlton TV when not at non League matches.

Football is unique because if any of us had a shocking employee or Arsehole in charge, Matthew 'my door is always open' Southall was that man, you would leave if you knew you had a potential 400% rise in the pipeline. 

Only 3 games or 9 but that didn't matter to the single minded football professional who will go to the highest bidder most of the time.

Was I gutted that Taylor put his self before cafc of course I was. 

• "From non league go the Premier league"...it's all started ha! 

If only he put as much effort to help us steer away from relegation as he did in his tracksuit yesterday at Wembley!