Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited April 2022
  • edited April 2022
    He's very much a modern town centre pin up boy. Pretty boy who can talk the talk okay, but when it comes to anything that nears displaying morals, loyalty or integrity, they cannot do it. 

Usually go missing as cannot cope with the lack of adulation then return when think they've sought some new love.
  • mendonca said:
    He's very much a modern town centre pin up boy. Pretty boy who can talk the talk okay, but when it comes to anything that nears displaying morals, loyalty or integrity, they cannot do it. 

Usually go missing as cannot cope with the lack of adulation then return when think they've sought some new love.
    If that is fact, then it’s the character of a ‘full on’ narcissist.
  • "Round and round we go"
  • So will he be in with the AFC Dons home fans tomorrow night cheering them on? Wouldn’t surprise me.
    He is there tonight. Absolutely no doubt who he’ll want to win
  • Shag said:
    So will he be in with the AFC Dons home fans tomorrow night cheering them on? Wouldn’t surprise me.
    He is there tonight. Absolutely no doubt who he’ll want to win
    To be fair, which is a bit painful I'd admit, the 3 points would be massively more important for AFC than for us. I'm sure that's how he'll justify it 
  • For heaven's sake, just stop talking about him.
    Bin the thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• For heaven's sake, just stop talking about him.
    Bin the thread!
    Says the bloke bringing it back to the top of the tree 5 hours after the previous comment!

• Surely he could of picked any other game to attend ✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻💦💦💦
  • Off_it said:
    For heaven's sake, just stop talking about him.
    Bin the thread!
    Says the bloke bringing it back to the top of the tree 5 hours after the previous comment!
    Ooops, sorry

Oh damn! - did it again 😉
  • Valley11 said:

Surely he could of picked any other game to attend ✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻💦💦💦
    Haha that Insta post. 
    And some people said yesterday he isn’t a narcissist…..

Proud of what ‘we’ built. But here’s me twice. So most of it was down to Lyle. 

He's a prat...a dickhead, a tosser, a cringe ego knobhead - angry mug

NPD is a disorder. It is when the individual is its own worst enemy and they are completely f*cked. 

It is the cause of pain and it spreads a lot of confusion and hurt to people close by. It is a disorder for a reason.

• We should never forget that if you win the play off final (as Lyle has done twice) its because you weren't good enough to get promoted through your league position. 

It's strange that the real league winners are now largely forgotten in favour of a team that came 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.

I've loved my days at Wembley and wouldn't swap them for anything, but we were there not because we were the greatest, but because we weren't (and the same goes for Lyle).
  • Dave2l said:
    Valley11 said:

Haha that Insta post. 

NPD is a disorder. It is when the individual is its own worst enemy and they are completely f*cked. 

It is the cause of pain and it spreads a lot of confusion and hurt to people close by. It is a disorder for a reason.

I think you've got a bit confused. Narcissism is not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism is a personality trait and anyone with any small amount of positive self-image has what could be described as a healthy level of narcissism, it's an essential part of self-worth. Narcisissm can also be excessive or destructive, and this can be a part of NPD but it isn't in and of itself NPD. When people refer to Lyle as a narcissist they are referring to his personality traits, not diagnosing him with anything. NPD is a pathological mental disorder and is a medical issue separate to an overinflated sense of self-worth. There's maybe a conversation to be had about use of language when describing these things but no-one has brought NPD up on this thread except you, I suspect there weren't any armchair diagnoses being handed out.
  • Dave2l said:
    Valley11 said:

Haha that Insta post. 

I think you've got a bit confused. Narcissism is not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism is a personality trait and anyone with any small amount of positive self-image has what could be described as a healthy level of narcissism, it's an essential part of self-worth. Narcisissm can also be excessive or destructive, and this can be a part of NPD but it isn't in and of itself NPD. When people refer to Lyle as a narcissist they are referring to his personality traits, not diagnosing him with anything. NPD is a pathological mental disorder and is a medical issue separate to an overinflated sense of self-worth. There's maybe a conversation to be had about use of language when describing these things but no-one has brought NPD up on this thread except you, I suspect there weren't any armchair diagnoses being handed out.

Ok, fair enough.

When I see narcissism, I find it safe to assume it is in direct reference to the relatable disorder.

Lyle Taylor doesn't seem to be someone who hurts other people? Not that we are aware of anyway.

I think it is better and safer to just call him a knobhead and a prick. That is his character. 

Just my personal opinion.

End of the day, we are social animals, and having a grandiose sense of self worth can be a very unhealthy problem for a lot of people.

I'd rather just keep it normal

• Sponsored links:

• Always been a big fan…
  • Well done, Lyle. Some is forgiven. 
  • Nice to see Lyle is keeping to form and insulting our supporters and our club on insta. Bloke is a grade A cnut! 
  • Not a great comment i have to say. He was happy for this clown club to pay his wages while he downed tools.
  • Tbh as much of a dick he is for what he did, I don't understand why people complain on sm when someone they've been giving grief... dares to have a pop back. 
  • Well Lyle can feck right off calling us a clown club. I'm not even sure we're that well qualified atm.