Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• If Denmark could win the Euros no reason why Juve don't still have a chance.
  • Liverpool now have more of an issue with games to play to the end of the PL season than City including having to play Newcastle away just 48 hours before they play the 2nd CL leg against Barcelona.
    I don't think the dates have been fully confirmed yet but no way will there be only 48 hours between the games. If they play at Newcastle on the Sunday, then the Barcelona game will surely be Wednesday.
    Confirmed that 2nd leg will be on Tuesday 7th May so, unless the Newcastle game is moved, Liverpool will have just under 50 hours between the two matches.

So, which, if either do they prioritise? Obviously if City lose to United or Spurs it will make it easier to rest players but, if not, then Klopp will have a real predicament. 
  • Been the first time in a while I've been interested in the CL and the QF were brilliant entertainment too. It could be anyone's this year, spurs probably not so much. 

I do think Barca will suit themselves against an opposition like Liverpool. Would be happy to see juve win it 
    Quite unlikely now i reckon
  • Liverpool now have more of an issue with games to play to the end of the PL season than City including having to play Newcastle away just 48 hours before they play the 2nd CL leg against Barcelona.
    I don't think the dates have been fully confirmed yet but no way will there be only 48 hours between the games. If they play at Newcastle on the Sunday, then the Barcelona game will surely be Wednesday.
    Confirmed that 2nd leg will be on Tuesday 7th May so, unless the Newcastle game is moved, Liverpool will have just under 50 hours between the two matches.

So, which, if either do they prioritise? Obviously if City lose to United or Spurs it will make it easier to rest players but, if not, then Klopp will have a real predicament. 
    Newcastle v Liverpool is moved to the Saturday
  • What a game last night. Truly one of the most memorable games in Champions league history. I'm not an advocate for VAR or technology in general. But last night was just filled with drama and mad twists and turns. It's making me think that I might actually begin to enjoy this technology lark when it comes into the PL next season. Still have my reservations as I think some of the VAR decisions being made are still based on interpretation.

Makes total sense. The Newcastle game now sits bang in the middle of the two Barcelona fixtures (previous Wednesday and following Tuesday). Can't believe that Klopp won't rest some of the team on the Saturday especially from their front 3 who will have played almost 150 games between them by the time the 2nd leg comes around.   
  • I'm not a massive fan of VAR in its current form, but for the first time last night I felt it actually improved the game - the drama was unreal! And ultimately every decision was correct
    Katrien? Is that you?
  • Uboat said:
    I'm not a massive fan of VAR in its current form, but for the first time last night I felt it actually improved the game - the drama was unreal! And ultimately every decision was correct
    Katrien? Is that you?
    Tottenham have improved their ranking
    Am I missing something here? Juventus got knocked out by Ajax?
    Am I missing something here? Juventus got knocked out by Ajax?
    Yes the "Ronaldo must be in the final to play against Messi" rule has been used
  • Sponsored links:

Makes total sense. The Newcastle game now sits bang in the middle of the two Barcelona fixtures (previous Wednesday and following Tuesday). Can't believe that Klopp won't rest some of the team on the Saturday especially from their front 3 who will have played almost 150 games between them by the time the 2nd leg comes around.   
    Not sure he will - they'd rather win the league than the Champions League I think.

Surely more likely to rest his main players for Huddersfield at home so they have 10 days rest after the Cardiff game so they can then give their all v Barcelona and Newcastle.

Given that Newcastle is probably their toughest remaining league game, that's not the time to rest players.

Surely more likely to rest his main players for Huddersfield at home so they have 10 days rest after the Cardiff game so they can then give their all v Barcelona and Newcastle.

Given that Newcastle is probably their toughest remaining league game, that's not the time to rest players.
    That's still a massive call for Klopp to make - it's no secret that most Liverpool fans desperately want to win the League over the CL and dropping any points would, potentially, open that door even more for City to do so.
  • An astonishing tie that deserves half an hour to decide it. 

Hate hate hate hate hate away goals.
    Couldn't agree more. If you must have the away goals rule then at least leave it until after extra time to potentially avoid the penalty shoot out.
  • Poch should perhaps moan at the owners for not giving him any money to increase the squad size, rather than moaning because Ajax have had 3 days extra rest.
  • He should be moaning at the Premier League for not rearranging the fixtures so Spurs got an extended rest.
  • edited April 2019
    Ajax and Spurs, two teams with pedigree, but two small teams in European football in 2019. Great to see both these sides in the semi instead of the mega rich clubs.
  • Ajax and Spurs, two teams with pedigree, but two small teams in European football in 2019. Great to see both these sides in the semi instead of the mega rich clubs.
    Agreed. Whichever of these two wins, it will be great to see them in the final. I like Spurs nowadays, but Ajax, they made such an impact on me as a teenager, the very name gives me goosebumps, and it's wonderful to see them back on this stage, playing "the Ajax way". 

Will be looking for a stream to watch this, if anyone has any tips.
  • Expect Ajax to play it tight tonight and hit Spurs on the break.

You will see alot of side-ways football and back to the keeper tonight from Ajax.

Can Ajax get an away goal hope not………

Dutch football back in the 1970s was the best i have ever seen now the dutch game is just boring.

UP THE SPURS......AND LIVERPOOL

• Sponsored links:

You will see alot of side-ways football and back to the keeper tonight from Ajax.

Dutch football back in the 1970s was the best i have ever seen now the dutch game is just boring.

Did you watch them against Madrid and Juve??!!
  • Ajax and Spurs, two teams with pedigree, but two small teams in European football in 2019. Great to see both these sides in the semi instead of the mega rich clubs.
    Agreed. Whichever of these two wins, it will be great to see them in the final. I like Spurs nowadays, but Ajax, they made such an impact on me as a teenager, the very name gives me goosebumps, and it's wonderful to see them back on this stage, playing "the Ajax way". 

Will be looking for a stream to watch this, if anyone has any tips.
    When we were kids a mate of mine at the time (the DJ Paul Oakenfold) organised a football league between various areas in Greenhithe, our team (Mounts Road & Spring Vale) played in Ajax shirts (that his dad got us)....had a soft spot for them ever since, that said hope Spurs win tonight.

Did you watch them against Madrid and Juve??!!
    Doesn’t sound like it
  • 6 minutes in it’s obvious Spurs are going to have to dominate possession to win this one. No Kane gives them no link through the middle, no Son means they lack a counter.
  • I forgot Son was suspended. Kane injured aswell i fancy Ajax to get a win tonight
  • I fancy Ajax by a goal tonight.
  • edited April 2019
    I fancy Ajax by a goal tonight.
    Good call... Lovely composure!!

Edit: Nahh thats offside
  • way this is going spurs could lose it in the first leg. Come on Ajax!
  • Reality is that this Spurs side out tonight would struggle to make top 6, probably even lower 

Llorente, Wanyama and Trippier are just very average footballers.
  • How the hell was that player onside???