Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping that Lyle Taylor, Jonny Williams and Chuks Aneke could be back for the Middlesbrough game on December 7.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletics-midfield-injury-issues-mean-19-year-old-set-for-bench-role-at-luton-town/

He's not the only one !
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Page nearly fit as well!!!

Could play a major part in half a game over Xmas.
    Yeah the Christmas evening game of Trivial Pursuit until he chips a finger nail picking up a question card and is out until the summer.
  • Options
    There is nothing worse than a fractured eyelash.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

A full half? I ilke your optimism. 
  • Options
    LB must really be very frustrated as not only does he have this ridiculous situation with his contract but having assembled a reasonable squad for the season he now finds that the majority of first choice players are injured and now having to use youth players instead.
  • Options
    Bowyer talks about adam matthews being the only senior player on the bench tonight, does that mean sarrs playing or dropped completely?
  • Options
    Bowyer talks about adam matthews being the only senior player on the bench tonight, does that mean sarrs playing or dropped completely?
    He'll be playing. Maybe Oshilaja is unfit after the knock he got?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised Williams is potentially back to soon, it seems his injury was less serious than Taylor's
  • Options
    "Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping that Lyle Taylor, Jonny Williams and Chuks Aneke could be back for the Middlesbrough game on December 7".

Call me a skeptic, but no I somehow don't think so.
  • Options
    He'll be playing. Maybe Oshilaja is unfit after the knock he got?
    I bet Bowyer has thought about resting the old warrior Pearce for the 2nd of 3 games in a week.
    He'd have wanted to keep him fresh for next Saturday.

If he did and played Sarr instead ..... he'd still need to put Pearcey on the bench as cover though.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Redrobo said:

A full half? I ilke your optimism. 
    He means over several games.
  • Options
    Surprised Williams is potentially back to soon, it seems his injury was less serious than Taylor's
    I think we’re getting to the point where if you have one fit leg you can play!!😉
  • Options
    I think we’re getting to the point where if you have one fit leg you can play!!😉
    Pagies ears have just popped up...
  • Options
    LB: “On the positive side, we’re in every game still. We’re not getting thumped and in the circumstances with budget and the amount of injuries we have, the way we’re performing is acceptable.” #cafc
    LB: “Even though the scorelines are wrong, the performances have been good. Luton were no better than us and we’ve got a depleted squad. Even with half of those players out, we would have got a result.” #cafc
    LB: “Decisions cost us that game. It wasn’t the performance or the effort. Yes, we’re in a rocky patch, but if you take 12 players out of anyone’s squad, they would struggle as well.” #cafc
    LB: “We have more players injured than are fit. The ones that are fit are all defenders, so I’m trying to juggle and adapt to put out a team to create chances. We’re still scoring goals, but we’re conceding.” #cafc
  • Options
    LB: “Our defence is our strongest position at the moment, but we can’t hold on to leads and that’s the one frustrating for me, for sure.” #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer is beginning to sound defeated before he starts. Not surprising maybe, but if he does not expect us to win until we get a bunch of our  injured players back and properly fit, then we cannot expect much before the end of January.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Bowyer is beginning to sound defeated before he starts. Not surprising maybe, but if he does not expect us to win until we get a bunch of our  injured players back and properly fit, then we cannot expect much before the end of January.

We're just reaping the "rewards" of Duchatelet's budget restrictions ............ was always likely to happen once a few key personnel became unavailable, as the squad is puffed up with too many youngsters and loans. So no room to bring in any more loans and only the inexperienced to fill the gaps.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

We're just reaping the "rewards" of Duchatelet's budget restrictions ............ was always likely to happen once a few key personnel became unavailable, as the squad is puffed up with too many youngsters and loans. So no room to bring in any more loans and only the inexperienced to fill the gaps.
    How would that help? We can't sign anyone on loan anyway. 

The squad is an adequate size, tell me a team that can cope with the injuries we have had. 

Lockyer, Cullen, Williams and Taylor were all unable to start on Saturday. How would Liverpool do without Van Dijk, Fabinho, Mane and Firmino? 

• Options
    I'd imagine it's been a hard few weeks and he's simply venting.  He did say he remains positive and I am sure he and JJ are doing everything possible to give the players the belief they need.  Indeed, Saturday was poor.  I don't think anyone else would be getting anything more out of the players, given the situation we're in.  It must be impossible to confidently guess how to even set up based on the fact that he's having to take into account playing the likes of Doughty and Morgan, Oshilaja in midfield etc.

I've also been thinking more and more about the team since Grapevine's post on the Boro PMV thread.  Gallagher & Leko, playing their first senior football consistently.  Cullen, only 21, but pivotal to our side and already with so much responsibility.  Bonne, having to step up and deputise for Taylor, having spent last year in the national league.  Kayal & Hemed, two players with Championship winning experience, pretty much crocked since they arrived.