Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    One fluke goal in the last four games, no goals in the last 3, we are not unlucky we are shit!
  • Options
    Thought we did ok but just don't have enough scorers in the team. Had the ref did his job in the first half might have been a different story. We need the takeover to happen now and the issues to be addressed.
  • Options
    I thought we played ok over both legs, we weren’t at All lucky, refs poor in both games but seems to be pretty standard for this league.

In the end we didn’t create enough clear chances because we didn’t have the bollocks to do so.

We should have made more of the fouls we took as well. I don’t like it, but it is effective...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We never win on telly.

Take-over announcement now please.

Middlesbrough was only the other day.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    They we’re the better team we lost our bottle as per onto next season Accrington Stanley is the top of my list

Would rather of lost against these then st Wembley personally
  • Options

I thought we played ok over both legs, we weren’t at All lucky, refs poor in both games but seems to be pretty standard for this league.

In the end we didn’t create enough clear chances because we didn’t have the bollocks to do so.

We should have made more of the fouls we took as well. I don’t like it, but it is effective...

Both Referees have spent the majority of the season taking charge of Championship games...

(Jeremy Simpson) - http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1180
  • Options
    I wouldn't say
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I am angry about the penalty decision. I am disappointed. What do expect if the referee is a little girl?
  • Options
    First thing on the shopping list a right back with a super throw
  • Options
    I'm just so pleased that the silver haired bloke behind me won his Guinness Record at half time - a much deserved award, if somewhat niche.

''Most negative human on earth'' (who cant decide if it was the players, the ref, the lino or Bowyer who was the reason for our defeat).
    One candidate one winner. Thank goodness the tear gas put a few tears in my eyes.

Shrewsbury edged it with the necessary nous, off the ball fouls and playing to a weak and ineffective ref. something we should have done second leg to win nasty.7

• Options
    Listening to that, Bowyer must be made permanent as manager. Proper Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We were poor but so were Shrewsbury, awful league.

Oh shut up. The standard in league one has never been so good.

Shrewsbury played well and deserved it over two legs. Hope they win the final.
    You get very strange on these post match threads, do you not like fellow Charlton fans or something?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Trying to play like Barca ain’t going to get you out of this league need to go out kicking throwing elbows and whatever it takes as the ref will let you get away with it

That's more or less what I concluded, although I will elaborate:

We have too many players who look suitable for the French Ligue 2, and would probably get a team promoted into the Ligue 1 (as Kashi did for Metz in 13/14).

We make nice short passes, get the ball forward quickly to the final third, and then slow it down and try to work our way forward slowly from there. One goal will get you a win or a draw. This is Ligue 2 France football.

However, we are in the English Third Division. You are allowed to leave in a sly foot when the ball is gone and trip up your opponent. You are allowed to accidently whack someone's face with your forearm. if Shrewsbury were in Ligue 2 in France they would finish every match with eight men and get relegated to the 'National'. We would probably get promoted.

We need to get tougher. We have too many softees who are expecting Ligue 2 France refereeing. Play the game to the league you are playing in.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    The ref bottled the sending off because it was early - he gave a foul so he must have seen it. The penalty was a clear handball - when he missed that I sort of knew that was it. It frustrates me that with the type of players we have, we seem so reluctant to drive into the box. A goalscorer has to be top of the list! Defensively we are there if we can keep the players we have!
  • Options
    Didn't expect to get into the playoffs so it was a bonus being in them.

Don't deserve to be in the final after the 2 legs.

Thought we would give it a right go today but looked like we treated it like any old normal game.

As much as I like bowyer, I can't agree with his post match interview that the players gave it 100% over both legs. No urgency and never looked like scoring.

Disappointed.
  • Options
    Will also add that I didn't rate many of their players attacking wise but I would love us to sign Beckles and Nsiala. Rocks and would be some addition to our defense
  • Options
    Dogshit up front all season, got the end rewards today. RD out then a clear out and proper squad next season !
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic vs Accrington Stanley who are they?...