Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    agim said:
    In my opinion is he better then the midfielders that have left? No. Saying that I’m not moaning he’s signed for another year. What’s the situation with Pratleys contract has he been released?
    Pratley is still in contract.

He signed a two year deal last summer. 
    How did a journeyman ageing midfielder get a 2 year deal out of Duchalet and our manager can't!
  • Options
    From a v reputable source, he more than has the talent but prior to Charlton he struggled with attitude and application. I somehow think Bowyer has got that sussed and sorted. If JFC makes a full recovery from the injury, he could become our key midfielder. 
    I think your source is right and being kind by saying 'prior' to Charlton from what I know.

But... I've never seen a more motivated JFC than trying to get back to fitness before the end of the season and I hope his hard work is rewarded. At 25 it really is a massive season for him and hopefully we'll all reap the benefits of that.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    agim said:
    Richard J said:
    agim said:
    In my opinion is he better then the midfielders that have left? No. Saying that I’m not moaning he’s signed for another year. What’s the situation with Pratleys contract has he been released?

How did a journeyman ageing midfielder get a 2 year deal out of Duchalet and our manager can't!

Could it be that Pratley excepted 2K a week because he knew his old mates at Bolton were struggling to get paid a penny ?
  • Options
    agim said:
    Richard J said:
    agim said:

Could it be that Pratley excepted 2K a week because he knew his old mates at Bolton were struggling to get paid a penny ?
    Exactly this. 

It is my understanding that his wages were well within the budget but the incentive for him was the extra year in the contract. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me, a fit JFC is one of the first names on the team sheet.
    Not much competition at the moment, even an unfit JFC would be :-)
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    agim said:
    Richard J said:
    agim said:

Exactly this. 

It is my understanding that his wages were well within the budget but the incentive for him was the extra year in the contract. 
    The extra would have been important. It meant that Pratley will still be paid when he's 35.
    A bit more security when you've got a family.

Many veteran players won't get that at that level as they enter their mid-30s.

• Options
    Richard J said:
    agim said:
    Richard J said:
    agim said:

Exactly this. 

100% Correct. Despite taking a big drop in wages, the only thing he tried to negotiate was a longer term contract. He asked for 2 + 1 optional year, but accepted a 1+1 optional year . Other than the original offer, Money was never discussed or a factor in negotiations.
  • Options
    Pratley pushed someone over and grabbed the ball back in the playoff final but if he is part of our Championship starting XI we are fucked 
  • Options
    Worth remembering that Pratley could be the 2nd RCB option.
  • Options
    Worth remembering that Pratley could be the 2nd RCB option.
    He made for a (just about) adequate last resort/stop gap CB in league one. He plays there a year older and a division higher and we are royally fucked no matter which Naby turns up.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    a LOT are underestimating what a fecking uphill struggle we are going to have in the championship under current ownership

we are looking to start the season with of the 18 that were in the play off final 9 of them still here. 

not many clubs get rid of 50% of a winning team 

roland ey 
    Great sound bite but, in effect, we have lost TWO players. Bauer and Aribo. The rest were either loanees, or released. Do you think that was RD's choice, or Bowyer's and Gallen's?

So, you want to start the season in the Championship with Parker as our second striker?
  • Options
    a LOT are underestimating what a fecking uphill struggle we are going to have in the championship under current ownership

we are looking to start the season with of the 18 that were in the play off final 9 of them still here. 

roland ey 
    Great sound bite but, in effect, we have lost TWO players. Bauer and Aribo. The rest were either loanees, or released. Do you think that was RD's choice, or Bowyer's and Gallen's?

So, you want to start the season in the Championship with Parker as our second striker?
    Is released not the same as losing a player? 
  • Options

roland ey 

I suppose released may mean we didn't want to re-sign them. Whereas lost means we tried to give contracts but they were rejected.

p.s We haven't lost Aribo yet, but we may still do. When's his medical?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

roland ey 

I suppose released may mean we didn't want to re-sign them. Whereas lost means we tried to give contracts but they were rejected.

p.s We haven't lost Aribo yet, but we may still do. When's his medical?
    Today
  • Options
    after playing 39 games for England from U16 to U21 . 
    I remember at most of those age levels he was keeping Jordan Cousins out of the England team. JC mainly played when JFC was unavailable or subbed off.
  • Options
    clive said:
    JFC nails it in this interview for me, its going to be hard and staying up will be a massive achievement but if we sign the right players who want to prove a point are hungry and we all join Bowyers journey we could go far. 
  • Options
    It is going to be a hard task and if we can stay in this division – with the budget that has been talked about – I think it will be a better achievement than getting promoted out of League One,” said Forster-Caskey.

Even the players are saying how hard it will be to stay up with our budget
  • Options
    It is going to be a hard task and if we can stay in this division – with the budget that has been talked about – I think it will be a better achievement than getting promoted out of League One,” said Forster-Caskey.

Even the players are saying how hard it will be to stay up with our budget
    They kept saying we didn't have enough last season................ 
  • Options
    clive said:
    The 1 year deal plus a possible extension was a bit mean I thought, seeing that he was back in the 1st team squad in April. Unless there are still genuine doubts about his fitness
  • Options
    I think those doubts will remain until he has got a good few games under his belt. Billy Clarke suffered a similar injury, and wasn't the same player when he returned.
  • Options
    I really wish all the best for Jake. He has been through some really rough stuff this season, and he’s just had to keep his head down and keep going.

He comes across as a nice guy and a bright lad, I’m pleased he’s been offered another one year deal, it’s the least he deserves, I really hope he has a good season with us, all the best Jake.