Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Hopefully the club have the option for a second year if JFC gets back to his best. Up to 12 first team squad members. 
  • Options
    Still not sure of JFC - hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

might be doing him a disservice but I don’t believe if fully fit he would have got in our midfield last season.

hope he stays fit and finds some form 
    I don't know about that...

Sure, when everyone was fit (after we'd signed Williams) he may have struggled, but there were plenty of games when Lapslie and Morgan played.

And, without denigrating those young men's ability too much, I believe JFC is a step up from them.

And are you saying that Pratley (and unlike others, I'm a bit of a fan) would have been a first choice over him at Wembley?

Cafcspud said:
    I know we’ve got other things to be excited about right now but I’ve always joked about Jake Forster-Caskey being the love child of Nicky Forster and Darren Caskey. Turns out, unless someone’s having a laugh on wikipedia, that he is Caskeys son and Forsters step-son. My mind is well and truly blown. Back to the most important game of football in 6 years...
    What is the point? Seriously!!
    Have you read half the threads on this board? Lighten up! Jeez.

• Options

might be doing him a disservice but I don’t believe if fully fit he would have got in our midfield last season.

hope he stays fit and finds some form .

And are you saying that Pratley (and unlike others, I'm a bit of a fan) would have been a first choice over him at Wembley?
    No, I’m saying I don’t remember him being at the same level of Cullen, Bielik, Aribo or Williams. He may well be, but I don’t remember it. Just my opinion 
  • Options
    Good news this. He’s a very similar player to Cullen. Based on the last 2 seasons I would say Cullen is a little bit better, but Cullen was playing for a better team under Bowyer and Jacko and also improved as the season went on. 

A lot will depend on how good his recovery has been but he certainly has the potential to be a solid Championship level player. 
  • Options
    Good news, if not surprising. I assume the contract has a clause such as it'll be extended if he plays a certain number of games

Before he lost his way he was a regular for Brighton in the Championship, and he was looking good here before the injury. Based on how quickly he recovered, I expect him to be back to full fitness and strength when the new season starts.

• Options
    Am slightly surprised to see a player contract announcement such as this released on a Sunday, as opposed to it being held over until Monday. Just wondered if it means the club want to issue another player announcement tomorrow, i.e. drip feeding the release of good news, or even bad news. Of course, could be completely wrong!
    Yes, a bit odd really. Surely Sunday is more the day you let bad news out
  • Options
    Happy with this, but funny how this is sorted the day after every news outlet was saying Aribo has decided to join Rangers. Good that he was fit towards the end of last season so will be flying after a full preseason.
  • Options
    JFC’s Statbank from 17/18

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good squad player but his lack of pace and defensive qualities are a worry. Hopefully he kicks on proves me wrong. 
  • Options
    Good squad player but his lack of pace and defensive qualities are a worry. Hopefully he kicks on proves me wrong. 
    Pace maybe but he played as a defensive midfielder, that's what he does.  He's a good defender.
  • Options
    Quality player, really pleased he has signed for another season. 
  • Options
    Good news!
  • Options
    Think he was a very good league one player. Rotherham didn't want him in championship,  Id hope for better players at this level tbh. Given our budget as it, we are not going to do any better are we?

• Options
    Massively underrated and will be one of our best players next year if he gets back fit
  • Options
    Pace maybe but he played as a defensive midfielder, that's what he does.  He's a good defender.

As always I bow to your wisdom 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good midfielder who Bowyer will continue to develop. Waiting for Aribo to leave now. Any news on Williams returning? 
  • Options
    Very good midfielder who Bowyer will continue to develop. Waiting for Aribo to leave now. Any news on Williams returning? 
    Williams? Only if we Crowdfund him.

• Options
    I think Williams will sign by the end of the week . Championship quality for sure .
  • Options
    Hope the injury doesn’t come back to haunt him, and hopefully he is as good as he was pre injury - Aribo is a big loss and this does paper over the cracks imo 
  • Options
    Pwr.. can’t get excited about a one year deal for jfc is he fkd? Or is this takeover caution again??
  • Options
    edited June 2019

hope he stays fit and finds some form .

No, I’m saying I don’t remember him being at the same level of Cullen, Bielik, Aribo or Williams. He may well be, but I don’t remember it. Just my opinion 
    That’s because he isn’t at their level. Not to say he hasn’t done well for us and will continue to do so, he just isn’t as good a player as the names you mention. 
  • Options
    In my opinion is he better then the midfielders that have left? No. Saying that I’m not moaning he’s signed for another year. What’s the situation with Pratleys contract has he been released?
  • Options
    agim said:
    In my opinion is he better then the midfielders that have left? No. Saying that I’m not moaning he’s signed for another year. What’s the situation with Pratleys contract has he been released?
    Pratley is still in contract.

He signed a two year deal last summer.