Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a rigmarole but got there in the end even though my season ticket seat, and the others I bought, had gone - my fault for not bothering yesterday. As others have said though, much easier than queuing for half a day like in 98 so should we get through to Wembley, this has been a good dress rehearsal.
  • Options
    Does anyone think there is a possibility of not being able to get tickets on the night? The OS says they are expecting tickets to be sold out... surely not?!
  • Options
    According to my son it took him 5 minutes to choose seats, book and receive email with tickets attached.
  • Options

Does anyone think there is a possibility of not being able to get tickets on the night? The OS says they are expecting tickets to be sold out... surely not?!

No chance, but i'd expect queues to be a joke.
  • Options

Won't happen. They're just trying to avoid long queues on the night.
  • Options
    been in touch with them told will receive ticket email shortly to print ticket out,that was at 10.00ish,still waiting 3 hours later
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    stonemuse said:

According to my son it took him 5 minutes to choose seats, book and receive email with tickets attached.

Same for me. I tell ya, most people on here are technophobes ;)
  • Options

been in touch with them told will receive ticket email shortly to print ticket out,that was at 10.00ish,still waiting 3 hours later

Is that for a booking confirmation or a link to the ticket buying page?
  • Options
    Found the whole thing easier than the official site.
  • Options

seth plum said:

“About 20 or so in the queue mostly renewing season tickets but quite a few who don't have an email address so can't buy a ticket for Thursday until Thursday.”

Report from The Valley. Are these people at fault too, Covered End. What punishment do you recommend? The club is also telling them tickets may be sold out by then.

Leave off, of course they are not at fault. They will pay on the day like we used to.
    They should understand we won't sell out, as no one on here thinks we will.
    But the Club do, isn’t that more relevant?

I know some of you may find it odd but not everyone has an email address. Why should people be penalised for that? Anyway, if they are eligible to get a ticket from 9am tomorrow just sell them a ticket today.

If you read the procedure you will understand that they can't sell them one today, as TM are "in charge" of the data base, until 2pm tomorrow, when it will be transferred back to Charlton.

If by some means they had managed to sell some tickets today at the ticket office, by Charlton staff using the TM system. You would then potentially have a maximum of ten thousand rightly complaining that these people had been given priority.
    Do you think so?

People complaining that other people are being given priority?

Isn't the answer to that to not sell already allocated season ticket seats so as people can get their own seats, even add two or three either side of season ticket seats (if free) for ST holders who may want to bring people?

What would the maximum of ten thousand rightly complain about then?

Is it not beneficial to everybody to get as many people in to the Valley as possible?

If Charlton staff at the Valley sold to personal callers using the ticketmaster system then presumably the computer would simply come up as those ST tickets not available.

Charlton as a club could register with TM as a 'special customer' with unlimited buying privileges, (after all there must be some kind of special or formal relationship established between club and ticketmaster that can be utilised) then people turn up in person at the Valley, pay straight cash for the ticket, the staff there use their 'club as customer' account to get the ticket and print it off for the fan turning up.

Does that not sound like a perfectly reasonable thing for the club to do?
    If you start making up new rules as you go along/ticket staff attempting to do whatever they choose, contrary to the set guidelines, then you are undoubtedly setting yourself up for complaints, by fans who were sticking to the set procedure.

I'll agree to disagree.
    Like announcing a season ticket deadline and then extending it, you mean?
    No, not like that. They have rightly or wrong extended the deadline.

On the basis that many on here alone said they had been on the phone for some considerable time, it could well be the case that fans leaving a S/T purchase until the last day, couldn't get through, so deserve to be given a little more time.

Did you and your family renew yours ok ?
    That’s no excuse, is it? They could and should have renewed online. The instructions are perfectly clear, it’s people’s own fault if they can’t follow them and nobody needs to renew on deadline day...

None of my family - father, brother, daughter, partner, niece, me - have season tickets or would under Duchatelet - but the point is statements by the club about what can or will be done are and always have been flexible, not fixed as you suggest.
    So you all pay on the day and give RD even more money ?
    No. Try again.
    Just yourself pays on the day ? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No great dramas, I normally, (not too normally as I don't go much due to the nutter of an owner), print mine off at work, although I had to reregister with TM, will probably get spammed to death now.
    The bit I object to is the extra fee on top. I don't care if it was 10p and going to charity, when the club setup the print at home facility it was to encourage this rather than the pre-printed ticket which does have a fee attached. Thin end of the wedge here.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I was going to break my boycott for this, alas I have a rehearsal with my band that they can't reschedule. The dicks. So I'll be pretending to be looking at my metronome app on my phone.

Show a bit of initiative, ring the club up and offer to put on a bit of pre-match entertainment for free. The band can rehearse live and you can go to the game afterwards.
  • Options

You'll get one I'm sure, but the later you get there the longer you'll queue.
    I'd get there as early as you can then go for a beer or food or whatever.
  • Options

Won't happen. They're just trying to avoid long queues on the night.
    Obviously, if they say don't worry about buying in advance, you can buy on the night, you'll add a few thousnad to the queues. Seems common sense to me.
  • Options

Did you check your junk mail (just in case) ?
  • Options

Golfie is still waiting on the ticket email from buying yesterday
  • Options

Check your junk. I found my email/tickets in my junk folder within 2 minutes of ordering them.
  • Options
    Unlikely to delay kick off due to TV.
  • Options
    Swindon second leg was 23,000 wasn't it?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Swindon second leg was 23,000 wasn't it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bought mine yesterday but still no confirmation email. Not in junk mail either. My email server has a filter twice a day - next one around 4pm today. If not received anything by then I may have to ring TM up & enquire as I reckon they took down my email address wrongly.

As an aside - I never got an email from the club either regarding my reference no's, even though I am on their database & have bought countless tickets on-line.
  • Options

Bought mine yesterday but still no confirmation email. Not in junk mail either. My email server has a filter twice a day - next one around 4pm today. If not received anything by then I may have to ring TM up & enquire as I reckon they took down my email address wrongly.

As an aside - I never got an email from the club either regarding my reference no's,
    even though I am on their database & have bought countless tickets on-line.

I used the link on the website to sign up and buy tickets for Thursday but I've still never received an email from the club either regarding my CON number - I knew it anyway luckily
  • Options
    Also still waiting for confirmation - they've taken the money, no problem there, but still don't have the tickets.
    TM customer service said they might take 24 hours to come through.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2018

vff said:

Set up account using an old season ticket Con / CRN number with current Charlton online account email. (Charlton didn't send me any reference number). I got in straight away this morning with a small online queue. Purchased tickets no problem. The Ticket Master site is similar but if anything it is less clunky, less pffaf and easier than the club ticketing site.

Tickets delivered to email for printing as per usual. It is demanding Adobe 4.0 minimum to download the tickets. That's not on my work laptop (& work restriction only they update) so hopefully can download and print on home laptop. Other than that process was smooth.

You call that smooth!!!
    Sounds like a nightmare to me.
    The printing of the tickets on second look- I was getting ready yo go out to work was easy. No need to download adobe & printed & fowarded tickets easily. The e tickets are attached & open easily.

My expectation was the process not working at all or a long wait on the phone. Nothing like that. The Ticketmaster buying process, once registered was pretty straight forward.

Sometimes it is too easy to build a process up in your mind to be a mountain when it is a only a small hill.

There was no email sent from the club though. I am lucky enough to keep Charlton tickets as souvenirs. I have still got my. Junior reds card from when I was a kid. Would have probably had to call the club or Ticket master witthout a Con no. Thanks to the people who posted that information up & put up the correct Ticket master no.
  • Options
    Managed to get my ticket this morning- went smoothly. Never did get an email from the club over the weekend. Will be interesting to see if I receive any email marketing from them from now - even though i opted in to emails (as per their GDPR email last week).
  • Options
    5 minutes. Done. If East stand E block is anything to go by they aren't exactly flying off the shelves...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

5 minutes. Done. If East stand E block is anything to go by they aren't exactly flying off the shelves...

Block E is at the top price so perhaps not surprisingly fewer people are buying there
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Bought mine very easily, email came through almost instantly.

Been checking the available seats to see how many are being sold. Covered End almost sold out however J block has gone from 4 remaining seats to about 100...
  • Options
    Got mine now. Bit of a delay but all fine.
  • Options
    Absolute f*ing shambles - Can't book wheelchair seats online and can't get through to Ticketmaster - waiting for an age on an 0844 number which is charged at ?

Club ticket office wouldn't help.

A disgrace......