Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    Now this might just be me being stupid ( has been known ), I purchased a ticket this morning by phone with no problems at all. I received a confirmation email but on said email there was no sign of a barcode or anything to scan, should I receive another email with this on or do I just take the confirmation to the game on Thursday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

redman said:

Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    The bottom line is Roland is a cnut.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.
    But as we are being run by a cnut chaos ensues.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

BTW the downloaded ticket looks just like the normal Charlton ticket.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
    Our online computer systems couldn't have coped with the demand. Our phone lines couldn't have coped with the demand.
    For most people buying online via the tickemaster system is far easier and more practical than a personal visit to the Valley. And in any event if the database is the thing that is causing problems this would be as true at the box office as for the ticketmaster system.
    I get that. However the phrase for most people is telling. If most people can use the technological system then one avenue open for a minority of people wouldn't overwhelm the system I would've thought.
    Fair comment
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Anyone know where I can find my CON or client reference no. ?

My son has his season ticket & only number he can see looks like the barcode no. I buy mine online & all I can find is booking ref nos. Even the season ticket renewal form doesn't have any ref no on it - here are some numbers on the accompanying letter but they don't seem to work either.

I'm currently "in a queue" on the phone with ticketmaster

Anyone know where I can find my CON or client reference no. ?

My son has his season ticket & only number he can see looks like the barcode no. I buy mine online & all I can find is booking ref nos. Even the season ticket renewal form doesn't have any ref no on it - here are some numbers on the accompanying letter but they don't seem to work either.

I'm currently "in a queue" on the phone with ticketmaster

On your season ticket card.
    I don't have my season ticket - its in the name of my son (under 18) & he has it. He text me some numbers but appear to be the wrong ones.

In any case I rang Ticketmaster & now have the 3 tickets I need. It took 25 mins all told (initially on hold for 10 mins) & now waiting for the email so I can print at home.

Big problem occurred when the Ticketmaster operator couldn't find me 2 seats next to my sons ST seat (in the East Stand), although I never have this problem when I book online (which is sometimes the day before a match, so way ahead of buying now). Found it really odd that ALL the seats around us were already taken, just 24 hours into the process. All became clear when the operator said, when confirming the booking before taking payment, so that's seats xx, xx & xx in F block WEST stand !! Not his fault really I suppose as this has been thrust upon them, but good job I was listening intently otherwise there could have been a mighty f**k up.

I will be going down to The Valley on wed to get our away tickets just to be sure !!!
  • Options

Now this might just be me being stupid ( has been known ), I purchased a ticket this morning by phone with no problems at all. I received a confirmation email but on said email there was no sign of a barcode or anything to scan, should I receive another email with this on or do I just take the confirmation to the game on Thursday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your E-mail should have an attachment, with your printable ticket.
  • Options

seth plum said:

The online and phone option is not possible if you want to, or have to pay cash.
    Let alone have the facilities to print at home, which means having all the printer ink topped up.
    The deal about paying in cash in person on Thursday is OK, but could be started way earlier.
    Somebody above said the club is doing everything they can in the circumstances, I don't think so. For example Tony Keohane and Olly Groome and Mr Adamson could have found a way to open and work behind a ticket office window for some time now as a demonstration of way of the club is doing everything they can.
    I will also do it for nothing, free, gratis, if I can get a bit of training as to how to sell tickets at the ticket office window and I am prepared to start today.
    The club might want to drive ticket sales online, my suggestion would be a way of driving Keohane into doing some actual useful work.

I find it staggering that a man of your age is unwilling to use a debit or credit card.
    I also find it a shame that you would seek to blame Charlton because you are too tight to print off a ticket.
    Remain staggered.
    I am not prepared to criticize you because you have consistently tried to provide helpful information for those trying to get tickets, and you have done so for years.
    I have said several times that a range of options ought to be available including those with print off concerns as expressed elsewhere on this thread (you might want to criticize those fans too) and paying in cash is an option many want for a number of reasons, not only because of truculence or tightness in some form.
    You mention my age which seems to be rather unnecessary, but yes it is true that older people feel less trusting of modern technology than younger people do.so you possibly have a point.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Your E-mail should have an attachment, with your printable ticket.
    Thanks, another email has just arrived with attachment.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

And seeing as they wont be posted until Tuesday i can see big problems arising on Thursday evening.

Do Ticketmaster offer a print at home option?
    To match Charlton's stay at home option?
  • Options

Just question can I book tickets with ticket master on Tuesday 9am or do I still need a reference number from the club.

You don't need a ref no if you do it by phone.

Where can I buy my play-off tickets?

All tickets purchased in advance are being sold via Ticketmaster and they can be purchased online or by phone.

Online: http://www.eticketing.co.uk/cafc/

Phone: 08444 539074

Tickets will be on sale via Ticketmaster until 2pm on Wednesday, May 9th. They will then temporarily come off sale to enable Ticketmaster to transfer the data of all unsold tickets to the club.

All unsold tickets will then be printed at The Valley and any remaining tickets will go back on sale at 9am on Thursday, May 10th. It is anticipated that all tickets could have sold out by this time but any remaining tickets will be available to purchase in person from The Valley or through The Valley’s phone lines.

Disabled tickets will also be available to purchase in advance on Ticketmaster by phone.

How much are play-off tickets for the home leg priced at?

Charlton’s play-off semi-final home leg match has been classified as an Addicks Gold game. Full prices are available to view by clicking here and fans should be aware that transactions will be also be subject to a £2.50 booking fee.

What information will I need to provide to buy my play-off tickets?

When buying online, supporters will need to provide their Client Reference Number. All supporters on the club’s database will have been emailed their CRN on Saturday. If supporters have not received an email, they should check their junk folder.

Season ticket holders should be aware that their CRN number is printed on their season ticket card. If you are a season ticket holder and your CRN number on your season ticket is different to the one you have been emailed you should enter the one that is printed on your season ticket.

Fans who do not know their CRN number can obtain it by contacting Ticketmaster’s supporter services team. Their opening hours are listed below.

Sunday, May 6th: 9am-3pm

Monday, May 7th: 9am-3pm

Tuesday, May 8th: 9am-5pm

Wednesday, May 9th: 9am-5pm

Thursday, May 10th: 9am-5pm
  • Options
    I wonder how many have sold so far.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder how many have sold so far.....

Another 5000 still trying to work out how to do it.
  • Options

I managed to purchase my ticket with no problems :smile: . The only thing is I gave them the wrong email address and now my ticket has gone to a complete stranger :neutral: .

I managed to purchase my ticket with no problems :smile: . The only thing is I gave them the wrong email address and now my ticket has gone to a complete stranger :neutral: .

Oh.....so that’s how I got it....I thought WTF is this.....now it’s all making sense.
    Not in the stand I would have chosen (ya cheapskate), but it’ll have to do, I’m not turning down a freebie!
  • Options
    I work in IT so believe I am pretty IT savvy! The website was a disaster I had my daughters season tickets but could not book other tickets on Sunday because the seat numbers were not appearing. I ended up ringing and 20 minutes on hold but when I got through the operator was very helpful and tickets were booked. Still left a bit of a bad taste.
  • Options
    Bought my parents tickets last night, couldn’t work how to book two at the same time. So ended up just paying separately for them. After spending about 5 mins trying to adding a connection on it, I gave up and just paid the admin fee twice.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

jamescafc said:

Because we've got double the support.
    Disagree entirely.

We could have started selling tickets today. If that was not possible we start selling from 9am Monday and do a 12 hour day.
    Do you ever stop moaning?
    Only when his not breathing
    he’s
  • Options

clb74 said:

jamescafc said:

Disagree entirely.

We could have started selling tickets today. If that was not possible we start selling from 9am Monday and do a 12 hour day.
    he’s
    Him aswell
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

jamescafc said:

Disagree entirely.

he’s
    Him aswell
    as well.
  • Options

@Covered End - a perfect example of how the old 'uns struggle with new technology.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018

Just question can I book tickets with ticket master on Tuesday 9am or do I still need a reference number from the club.

All tickets purchased in advance are being sold via Ticketmaster and they can be purchased online or by phone.

Tickets will be on sale via Ticketmaster until 2pm on Wednesday, May 9th. They will then temporarily come off sale to enable Ticketmaster to transfer the data of all unsold tickets to the club.

All unsold tickets will then be printed at The Valley and any remaining tickets will go back on sale at 9am on Thursday, May 10th. It is anticipated that all tickets could have sold out by this time but any remaining tickets will be available to purchase in person from The Valley or through The Valley’s phone lines.

Disabled tickets will also be available to purchase in advance on Ticketmaster by phone.

Charlton’s play-off semi-final home leg match has been classified as an Addicks Gold game. Full prices are available to view by clicking here and fans should be aware that transactions will be also be subject to a £2.50 booking fee.

When buying online, supporters will need to provide their Client Reference Number. All supporters on the club’s database will have been emailed their CRN on Saturday. If supporters have not received an email, they should check their junk folder.

Season ticket holders should be aware that their CRN number is printed on their season ticket card. If you are a season ticket holder and your CRN number on your season ticket is different to the one you have been emailed you should enter the one that is printed on your season ticket.

Fans who do not know their CRN number can obtain it by contacting Ticketmaster’s supporter services team. Their opening hours are listed below.

Covered End....you are trying desperately to help but you seem not to grasp that some of us old un’s just can’t handle it all mate.....we are pretty hopeless on computers, unless it’s a few emails and a bit of surfing and even then we manage to screw things up!
    All I want is a fecking ticket.....so I am going to drive down on Wednesday, stay with some friends in Eltham overnight and on Thursday morning (in time honoured fashion), join the queue and pay with paper money.
    Good for you. Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    As usual there are alot of smug people on here who are wise after they have learnt from what others have done wrong.....it was a very complicated process to do something that should have been so simple...i registered with tm on saturday as it said you could then on sunday i tried to get my tickets and had the same problems as many others....only after reading other fans comments did i manage to activate my details and buy 4 tickets but i struggled to link the tickets to my “network” so just bought 4 in the same block.....the problem is with us season ticket holders is we like to get our tickets as soon as possible...how many of us were logged on dead on 9!!!!!!! In hind sight i wish i had waited and read what others had done.... never mind....i think the process is over complicated to trick fans in to paying multiple booking fees as many have done....will ticketmaster refund fans who did this i very much doubt it !!!!
  • Options
    Can I pay with a Bit Coin ?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Ticketmaster won’t sell me tickets because it says I’m not a season ticket holder, but I am. How can I change this?

Bribe them by telling them some inside info on the takeover.
  • Options

Covered End....you are trying desperately to help but you seem not to grasp that some of us old un’s just can’t handle it all mate.....we are pretty hopeless on computers, unless it’s a few emails and a bit of surfing and even then we manage to screw things up!
    All I want is a fecking ticket.....so I am going to drive down on Wednesday, stay with some friends in Eltham overnight and on Thursday morning (in time honoured fashion), join the queue and pay with paper money.
    I've phoned the club and asked for some chairs to be put out and a couple of portaloos.
  • Options

you will need to set up a ticketmaster account but no reference number needed.
  • Options

it is an attachment on the email
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Ticketmaster won’t sell me tickets because it says I’m not a season ticket holder, but I am. How can I change this?

from tomorrow morning you can just buy from Ticketmaster without a reference number. Just use the register option on the linked page,
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Crusty54 said:

Redhenry said:

from tomorrow morning you can just buy from Ticketmaster without a reference number. Just use the register option on the linked page,
    Or you can just phone Ticketmaster, as they are on General Sale.

Tickets for Charlton’s home leg will go on general sale from 8am on Tuesday, May 8th. Supporters can buy up to six tickets each and season ticket holders and Valley Gold members will be able to buy an additional two (if they have already purchased four).
    All tickets will be available to purchase through Ticketmaster. They can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 08444 539074. Please click here to read our guide to buying play-off tickets online.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aed8d4d05363/faqs-charltons-play-off-semi-final-matches.