Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    bbob said:

Buying my ticket was simple.
    Followed the instructions with no problems.
    Well done to the club for putting a system in place, subcontracting the worlds leading ticket seller was a good idea.

As a business they should not have enough resource sitting around to service this time of one off event.

As a business do you think it is a good idea to be customer friendly?
    It feels like the barriers and hurdles to overcome are off putting, but I suppose being a loyal long term fan is not the same as being a customer.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I think the advice given to me about going to the ticket agencies Stargreen or Keith Prowse near Oxford Circus might be wrong according to something I have read somewhere on CL that Ticket master does not want to deal with the physical artefact of a ticket.
    My understanding now is that the only way to buy a ticket at face value with cash money, is a window of opportunity at The Valley between 9 am and 12 midday on Thursday.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to pay cash for a face value ticket in advance any other way?

Elsewhere it says Tuesday from 9.
    Brilliant!
    I am up for going to the Valley tomorrow with cash to buy a ticket.
    Do you feel sure that is possible?
    If you can point me in the direction of 'elsewhere' so I can double check I would be grateful.</blockquote

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aed8d4d05363/faqs-charltons-play-off-semi-final-matches
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bbob said:

Buying my ticket was simple.
    Followed the instructions with no problems.
    Well done to the club for putting a system in place, subcontracting the worlds leading ticket seller was a good idea.

As a business they should not have enough resource sitting around to service this time of one off event.

As a business do you think it is a good idea to be customer friendly?
    It feels like the barriers and hurdles to overcome are off putting, but I suppose being a loyal long term fan is not the same as being a customer.
    We’re Charlton fans, we like a challenge...
  • Options

I’d imagine should we make Wembley then ticket master will do those as well?

Anybody that was in the queue that Sunday when we last got to a play-off final might think that the Ticketmaster option is a thousand times better than going through that again...
    I'm not so sure particularly if season ticket holders and VG members will be allowed to buy 4 tickets.

I can't see any problems about getting a ticket for Thursday - I doubt the crowd will exceed 18000 - but getting one for Wembley is going to be a different matter
  • Options
    Tickets can only be purchased from The Valley on Thursday once Ticketmaster have returned the data for the unsold seats. From Tuesday 9am non season ticket holders can purchase through Ticketmaster until Wednesday 2pm when tickets go off sale.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I think the advice given to me about going to the ticket agencies Stargreen or Keith Prowse near Oxford Circus might be wrong according to something I have read somewhere on CL that Ticket master does not want to deal with the physical artefact of a ticket.
    My understanding now is that the only way to buy a ticket at face value with cash money, is a window of opportunity at The Valley between 9 am and 12 midday on Thursday.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to pay cash for a face value ticket in advance any other way?

Brilliant!
    If you can point me in the direction of 'elsewhere' so I can double check I would be grateful.
    Thank you for the link but it doesn't seem to explain the Tuesday face value cash purchases, so I suppose that isn't going to happen and it has to be Thursday between 9 and 12.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Tickets can only be purchased from The Valley on Thursday once Ticketmaster have returned the data for the unsold seats. From Tuesday 9am non season ticket holders can purchase through Ticketmaster until Wednesday 2pm when tickets go off sale.

Is that at the Valley through Ticketmaster?
  • Options
    I have probably missed this but I assume all play off games will be live on Sky? None are listed at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thank you. I believe that might possibly mean buy through technology rather than in person.
  • Options

I have probably missed this but I assume all play off games will be live on Sky? None are listed at the moment

According to the Radio times we are on Sky Thursday.
  • Options

Yep, all being shown on Sky.
  • Options
    According to one of the other websites the cafc ticket office is open today 9-5 for those who wish to buy personally.(and tuesday till thursday}
  • Options
    seth plum said:

DRAddick said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Brilliant!
    If you can point me in the direction of 'elsewhere' so I can double check I would be grateful.
    Thank you for the link but it doesn't seem to explain the Tuesday face value cash purchases, so I suppose that isn't going to happen and it has to be Thursday between 9 and 12.
    Yep tickets on sale from the ground only from Thursday morning.

Tickets will be on sale via Ticketmaster until 2pm on Wednesday, May 9th. They will then temporarily come off sale to enable Ticketmaster to transfer the data of all unsold tickets to the club.

All unsold tickets will then be printed at The Valley and any remaining tickets will go back on sale at 9am on Thursday, May 10th. It is anticipated that all tickets could have sold out by this time but any remaining tickets will be available to purchase in person from The Valley or through The Valley’s phone lines.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    The bottom line is Roland is a cnut.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.
    But as we are being run by a cnut chaos ensues.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

BTW the downloaded ticket looks just like the normal Charlton ticket.

With respect it might be for some mine has been a bloody nightmare, no correlation between the CRN on the season tickets to the ones they sent by email, neither of which were recognised it just said wrong package, whatever that means.
    I could not do online, the ticketmaster office only recognised one of the CRN's the one on the season ticket,luckily mine.
    My Brother's they said belonged to someone else and his seat had already been sold fortunately I managed to get 2 of three seated together.
  • Options

According to one of the other websites the cafc ticket office is open today 9-5 for those who wish to buy personally.(and tuesday till thursday}

Seriously?
    If this is true I shall go down there this morning?
    Genuinely delighted if this is happening.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

razil said:

Is it possible for a season ticket holder to buy extra non season ticket holder seats at this stage?

Yes
    Exactly so in the 2 days no one whose had trouble getting a ticket has asked a season ticket holder if they would mind getting them a ticket
    I did exactly this. Used somebody else’s season ticket and log in details, and got his, mine and my son’s tickets. Took less that 5 mins.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Seriously?
    Probably best to ring ‘em mate and confirm it from the horses mouth. That’s not what the original guidelines said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Seriously?
    10 -5 according to official site
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been made clear elsewhere but can someone just confirm for me that tickets will on sale on Thurs b4 the game?
  • Options

Apologies if this has been made clear elsewhere but can someone just confirm for me that tickets will on sale on Thurs b4 the game?

Yes from 9am
  • Options
    edited May 2018

It’s open between 10 and 5 according to a club tweet about today being the last day of Phase 1 for season tickets
  • Options
    Season Ticket Holders
    If this helps anyone:
    Click on sign in
    Then click on activate it now
    Then fill in Client Reference Number & Surname

• Options
    People of the younger generation,will probably have no trouble negotiating the ticket buying procedure,as they have been brought up in an increasingly technical environment.War babies like me are in the shit whenever something needing the use of computers is required.Had it not been for a friends timely intervention I would have reduced my lap top to dust trying to buy tickets.I have no printer,and I cant tell a smart phone from a thick as shit phone,I have no doubt that some supporters dont even have access to the internet,but it now seems that the technically ignorant members of society are at a disadvantage especially in situations such as this.
  • Options
    Got mine. Took about 2 minutes.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think the geek contingent look at others and think 'wouldn't life be better if you were not you but the same as me'.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    The bottom line is Roland is a cnut.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.
    But as we are being run by a cnut chaos ensues.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

BTW the downloaded ticket looks just like the normal Charlton ticket.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
    Our online computer systems couldn't have coped with the demand. Our phone lines couldn't have coped with the demand.
    For most people buying online via the tickemaster system is far easier and more practical than a personal visit to the Valley. And in any event if the database is the thing that is causing problems this would be as true at the box office as for the ticketmaster system.
  • Options

People of the younger generation,will probably have no trouble negotiating the ticket buying procedure,as they have been brought up in an increasingly technical environment.War babies like me are in the shit whenever something needing the use of computers is required.Had it not been for a friends timely intervention I would have reduced my lap top to dust trying to buy tickets.I have no printer,and I cant tell a smart phone from a thick as shit phone,I have no doubt that some supporters dont even have access to the internet,but it now seems that the technically ignorant members of society are at a disadvantage especially in situations such as this.

There is an option to buy over the phone. Any phone btw.