Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Or Aribo moves further forward and Lapslie goes on bench
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

Bielik can play CB and a DM role. If he is a loan, Arsenal will expect us to play him regularly, providing no more injuries at the back, who will he replace Bauer or Pearce? If he plays DM, then it is Aribo or Pratley. The trouble with loans is that you are expected to play them all the time and that means one of our players gets pushed out, unless they are happy to be on the bench, but I doubt it. We have to strengthen the squad, but need to start with the best 11. He could be cover for Page and Solly

Three at the back with Bauer and Pearce. Sarr gets dropped.
    ....or Sarr place DM.
    Ahead of Pratley or Aribo? No way
    Sarr up front then?
    Ahead of Recco, Lyle or Karlan? No way
  • Options

Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

Bielik can play CB and a DM role. If he is a loan, Arsenal will expect us to play him regularly, providing no more injuries at the back, who will he replace Bauer or Pearce? If he plays DM, then it is Aribo or Pratley. The trouble with loans is that you are expected to play them all the time and that means one of our players gets pushed out, unless they are happy to be on the bench, but I doubt it. We have to strengthen the squad, but need to start with the best 11. He could be cover for Page and Solly

....or Sarr place DM.
    Sarr up front then?
    Erm... he could play in goal?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

....or Sarr place DM.
    Sarr up front then?
    Erm... he could play in goal?
    Ahead of Dillon and Jed? No way.
  • Options
    Sarr as CEO?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

....or Sarr place DM.
    No, in 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Sarr as CEO?

Ahead of Tony Keohane? OK fair enough
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

LouisMend said:
    He's leaner than he was when he played
    Grant Basey keeps nicking his food when he's not looking
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I don't think they'd expect an unknown and unwanted defender to start every week, it's not as if he's their star youngster

He'll plenty of match time, whether at the back or to stiffen the midfield, I can imagine him playing alongside Pratley against the better sides away from home for example
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I’m told we had a player ready to sign on the dotted line last week until Roly put paid to that. He wanted to come, his agent had set everything up but Roland wanted to focus on another position.

I imagine it makes things difficult for the management team!

Really struggling to believe he has any interest in Charlton in general let alone the playing side.
    Trust me. He refused this signing because he wanted a goalkeeper first.
    By the time that was done our target went elsewhere.

Are you saying that RD is taking that much interest that he knows about Dillon Phillips, his lack of first team experience & that we need more cover there ??

I can only assume updates on our squad (or lack of it) comes from LB & so he probably suggested the urgency for a gk first & foremost. More likely the budget at that time meant just one player coming in - LB really wanted a gk & so that's what he got.
    RD will still have Driesden or similar in his ear about something like this and take their advice over a caretaker English manager because RD is, as proved too many times now, a complete idiot when it comes to all things Charlton.
  • Options
    Naby will be dropped. But in three years he’ll be playing for PSG ;-)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I’m told we had a player ready to sign on the dotted line last week until Roly put paid to that. He wanted to come, his agent had set everything up but Roland wanted to focus on another position.

I imagine it makes things difficult for the management team!

Really struggling to believe he has any interest in Charlton in general let alone the playing side.
    Trust me. He refused this signing because he wanted a goalkeeper first.
    By the time that was done our target went elsewhere.

Are you saying that RD is taking that much interest that he knows about Dillon Phillips, his lack of first team experience & that we need more cover there ??

I can only assume updates on our squad (or lack of it) comes from LB & so he probably suggested the urgency for a gk first & foremost. More likely the budget at that time meant just one player coming in - LB really wanted a gk & so that's what he got.
    RD will still have Driesden or similar in his ear about something like this and take their advice over a caretaker English manager because RD is, as proved too many times now, a complete idiot when it comes to all things Charlton.
    Steve Gallen is in charge of recruitment
  • Options
    Seen Belik(if spelt correctly) in a couple of Carabao cup games for Arsenal and looked solid, so will definitely do a job. Think my DM than CB but could be a useful addition, anyone will at this rate lol
  • Options
    As dear grandpapa used to say... "we'll sign any old shit"
  • Options
    He'll be a good signing for us IMO.

Hoping the extra additions they keep banging on about are not a spin story
  • Options
    Apparently another one close as well. Fell through last week but the player wants to join us and its just down to him sorting it out with his club.
  • Options
    Welcome Krystian.

Gooner at work reckons he will do ok for us, at least he has heard of him..

Does this mean we will have 7 subs?
  • Options
    shows how excited everyone is. Announced twenty minutes ago and only three comment and he hasn't even got his own thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apparently another one close as well. Fell through last week but the player wants to join us and its just down to him sorting it out with his club.

Where did you hear this?
  • Options
    Good signing. Another piece of the jigsaw filled.

LB and CM next, or are we relying on Bielik to be cover for both CB and CM?
  • Options
    Spent the majority of last season sidelined with injury. I'm sure he'll get on well with the rest of the lads in the treatment room.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We'll be able to field a full bench in no time
  • Options
    if we've been after him for a few weeks, i wonder if Bowyer was originally told no by RD. But then once JFC got injured, then RD gave in?
  • Options
    Also close to another signing and hopefully know more today, so could potentially go through tomorrow..?

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-land-arsenal-youngster-on-loan-and-lee-bowyer-reveals-another-deal-is-close/
  • Options

Where did you hear this?
    Cawley