Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Bielik, who has endured much misfortune with injuries in recent seasons .....

Ticks all the boxes.

Including the height test at 6' 2&1/2''
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I’m told we had a player ready to sign on the dotted line last week until Roly put paid to that. He wanted to come, his agent had set everything up but Roland wanted to focus on another position.

I imagine it makes things difficult for the management team!

Really struggling to believe he has any interest in Charlton in general let alone the playing side.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

I’m told we had a player ready to sign on the dotted line last week until Roly put paid to that. He wanted to come, his agent had set everything up but Roland wanted to focus on another position.

Really struggling to believe he has any interest in Charlton in general let alone the playing side.
    Trust me. He refused this signing because he wanted a goalkeeper first.
    By the time that was done our target went elsewhere.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Any idea who it was?
  • Options
    Yes.
    Not fair to comment as the source (the agent) doesn’t deserve it.

Could have been quite a decent signing. Not earth shattering but solid
  • Options
    Beardface said:

JJ rewarded for his years of service with an "assistant caretaker manager" title.

Good experience for Jackson. Bowyer wouldn’t have forced it on him.
  • Options
    A proper rumour! Centre Back is a hard position for inexperienced youngsters to play, the thought of him alongside say Naby Sarr is a slightly worrying one
  • Options
    Remember watching him in the cup for Arsenal last year, looked solid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Middlesbrough also interested in him
  • Options
    What is it with us and loaning injury prone players from Arsenal?
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

Injury proneness does seem to be one of our must have attributes when looking at players.

I think its more to do with the fact all other decent players have either already gone elsewhere or wouldn't look at us with a bargepole.

don't expect to be signing Premier League clubs wonderkids. crocks only I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Are you saying that RD is taking that much interest that he knows about Dillon Phillips, his lack of first team experience & that we need more cover there ??

I can only assume updates on our squad (or lack of it) comes from LB & so he probably suggested the urgency for a gk first & foremost. More likely the budget at that time meant just one player coming in - LB really wanted a gk & so that's what he got.
  • Options
    How many Arsenal players have come here on loan now?

Song
    Coquelin
    Sanogo
    Mavididi

Am I missing anyone?
  • Options
    The six month game less loan spell at Walsall at the end of last season raises alarm bells with me.

Would prefer someone like Elliott Ward.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

How many Arsenal players have come here on loan now?

Song
    Coquelin
    Sanogo
    Mavididi

Am I missing anyone?

Danny O'Shea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bielik can play CB and a DM role. If he is a loan, Arsenal will expect us to play him regularly, providing no more injuries at the back, who will he replace Bauer or Pearce? If he plays DM, then it is Aribo or Pratley. The trouble with loans is that you are expected to play them all the time and that means one of our players gets pushed out, unless they are happy to be on the bench, but I doubt it. We have to strengthen the squad, but need to start with the best 11. He could be cover for Page and Solly
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Bielik can play CB and a DM role. If he is a loan, Arsenal will expect us to play him regularly, providing no more injuries at the back, who will he replace Bauer or Pearce? If he plays DM, then it is Aribo or Pratley. The trouble with loans is that you are expected to play them all the time and that means one of our players gets pushed out, unless they are happy to be on the bench, but I doubt it. We have to strengthen the squad, but need to start with the best 11. He could be cover for Page and Solly

I accept everything you say, but with our injury history I am sure he will have ample opportunities.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Is this really true?
    If so then Bowyer must be thinking about packing this in.
    Isn’t given the job properly then told what players to sign.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Bielik, who has endured much misfortune with injuries in recent seasons .....

Ticks all the boxes.

Including the height test at 6' 2&1/2''
    There's a parrot in here :wink: .
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    He's leaner than he was when he played
  • Options
    We defo need midfield and defence cover. I'd take Zelalem from arsenal. Remember seeing him in a friendly on sky few years back and he looked the business. He's also injured according to that website so he'd be perfect.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Three at the back with Bauer and Pearce. Sarr gets dropped.
  • Options

ross1 said:

....or Sarr place DM.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

....or Sarr place DM.
    Ahead of Pratley or Aribo? No way
  • Options

Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

....or Sarr place DM.
    Ahead of Pratley or Aribo? No way
    Sarr up front then?