Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    Suicidal second run, great fielding by Kohli, Root yet again misses the century
  • Options
    Kohli really is a prick
  • Options

Kohli really is a prick

Great player, but really hard to like
  • Options
    224-6 all suddenly going very wrong
  • Options
    9 down, 4 for Ashwin
  • Options
    285-9 at close of play.

Curran 24*
    Anderson 0*
  • Options
    Same old same old
  • Options
    Hard to judge the pitch after today, some strange/unlucky dismissals today.

A lot of people at the game on my train home, I think Edgbaston gets a lot of people from London as it's fairly near and tickets are cheaper and easier to get than at Lord's.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Suicidal second run, great fielding by Kohli, Root yet again misses the century

Never a 2nd run there. Could have been 300 for 4/5 at the close & looking at 380-400. Now we are 100 runs shy of where we should be.

more numpties.
  • Options
    Don't think 300 is the worst score in the world, but will be surprised if India don't score at least 350
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't think 300 is the worst score in the world, but will be surprised if India don't score at least 350

I'll be surprised if they don't get closer to 450.
  • Options
    Root run out changed the day. Him and Bairstow could've put on a monster partnership together.
  • Options

time will tell, our bowling side doesn't look the strongest but I hope 1/2 of them can surprise.
  • Options

time will tell, our bowling side doesn't look the strongest but I hope 1/2 of them can surprise.
    Our bowling is heading for a low not seen for many years. I am seriously concerned about next years Ashes. Broad and Anderson have been brilliant of course but they will be too old this time next year and what I see behind worries me. Why are we playing Curren before Plunkett?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Our bowling is heading for a low not seen for many years. I am seriously concerned about next years Ashes. Broad and Anderson have been brilliant of course but they will be too old this time next year and what I see behind worries me. Why are we playing Curren before Plunkett?
    I think Plunkett these days is more of a while ball bowler. He's getting on a bit too.

I wonder when Jamie Overten will be considered, seeing that he is back playing now?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Riviera said:

I think Plunkett these days is more of a while ball bowler. He's getting on a bit too.

I wonder when Jamie Overten will be considered, seeing that he is back playing now?
    Please mate don't give me that Red/White ball shit! It's cricket. Plunkett is 33, Anderson is 36. He bowls FAST. We do not have a fast bowler faster or more aggressive than him. He should have gone to Australia last winter.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Please mate don't give me that Red/White ball shit! It's cricket. Plunkett is 33, Anderson is 36. He bowls FAST. We do not have a fast bowler faster or more aggressive than him. He should have gone to Australia last winter.
    There is a lot of difference now between red and white ball bowling though

In Test matches, you want a consistent line and length, whereas in white ball bowling it's all about variations, as if you bowl it on a length you get smacked. White ball bowlers rely on variety, changes of pace etc
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

There is a lot of difference now between red and white ball bowling though

In Test matches, you want a consistent line and length, whereas in white ball bowling it's all about variations, as if you bowl it on a length you get smacked. White ball bowlers rely on variety, changes of pace etc
    Of course there is a difference!!! They are two totally different games. BUT THE PLAYERS CAN PLAY ALL TYPES OF CRICKET!!!!! Especially bowlers. Plunkett is a better fast bowler than anyone around save Anderson and Broad and HE SHOULD BE PLAYING TEST CRICKET FOR ENGLAND!
    There are plenty of batsmen around that don't have the technique, ability or aptitude for Test cricket and have been for years - Neil Fairbrother and Michael Bevan are two that spring to mind. There are international T20 players who have never played a 1st Class game, that's fine, but plenty can play all formats and Plunkett is one of them, just ask him! It's the idiots in charge of our Test team that don't understand. Thankfully Ed Smith has questioned their ideas and hopefully he will continue.
  • Options
    All out for 287

Curran the man out
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    215-3 to 287 all out. Not good. Its alright having swashbuckling batsmen like Stokes & Butler coming in when you are 380 odd but not if you need to steady the ship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England have fucked this by having worse players than India
  • Options
    Yesss

50-1
  • Options
    2 down, 2 for Curran!
  • Options
    Cue the Surrey wankfest ;)
  • Options
    Curran is on fire, now a 3rd!
  • Options
    India have fucked this with arrogant batting
  • Options

Curran is on fire, now a 3rd!

Wicket taking is always a good trait to have.
  • Options
    Rashid gets an over, over contains three full tosses. Leuth-esque

I fully expect the Indians to maul him after lunch ;)
  • Options
    I see Surrey have signed Plunkett for next season. A replacement for Curran when he gets his dream move to Kent.