Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton 13/3/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?

Katrien from Sheffield called into 5Live to give him her support
  • Also - 4-2-3-1 without fail every time

And moving Magennis into the 3????

Stale

Not a chance. Get him out.
  • Still no quotes from Robinson's post match interview?
  • I actually feel quite relaxed. Playoff chances over, pressure off. New owners and massive clear out to look forward to and we go again next season.

I wouldn't want to see the manager sacked.
  • SDAddick said:

I had high hopes at the start of the season, but this season is fast turning into a run away train going in the wrong direction towards a collapsed bridge. There was an uptick in form ending last season and beginning this but, overall, despite numerous transfers (albeit on a tight budget) and a lot of opportunity for coaching, we're playing no better now than we were under Robinson a year ago, and we were shite a year ago.

It's got the feeling of the Pardew era again. Form spiraling out of control and seemingly nothing coming from the manager in terms of smart tactical adjustments or coaching improvements, just increasingly thin looking excuses. The only difference is Robinson still feels to me like a fairly genuine decent bloke, which I never felt about Pardew.

I can't bring myself to call for his head though. He's the only one who has been trying to give this club any direction over the last few months. If he leaves, goodness knows who or what Roland will put in charge given his current level of complete disinterest. I don't know if he could do worse than Fraeye, but I don't want to find out. And I certainly don't want someone like Jacko over exposed to this shit just yet.

A good point.

In an ideal world he'd be gone. But I don't think Bowyer or Jackson are anywhere near being ready for the job, and this is the worst possible first job in management at the worst time (for Euell as well).
    And to an extent Bowyer and Jackson are part of the problem. Neither has the coaching experience to make serious changes to how we play.
  • edited March 2018
    Utter shit, the takeover (whenever that happens) cant come soon enough, so we can sack our one-dimensional manager.
  • Scoham said:

Still no quotes from Robinson's post match interview?

The silence is deafening. He's still hiding in the laundry basket.

• Sponsored links:

• I had high hopes at the start of the season, but this season is fast turning into a run away train going in the wrong direction towards a collapsed bridge. There was an uptick in form ending last season and beginning this but, overall, despite numerous transfers (albeit on a tight budget) and a lot of opportunity for coaching, we're playing no better now than we were under Robinson a year ago, and we were shite a year ago.

It's got the feeling of the Pardew era again. Form spiraling out of control and seemingly nothing coming from the manager in terms of smart tactical adjustments or coaching improvements, just increasingly thin looking excuses. The only difference is Robinson still feels to me like a fairly genuine decent bloke, which I never felt about Pardew.

I can't bring myself to call for his head though. He's the only one who has been trying to give this club any direction over the last few months. If he leaves, goodness knows who or what Roland will put in charge given his current level of complete disinterest. I don't know if he could do worse than Fraeye, but I don't want to find out. And I certainly don't want someone like Jacko over exposed to this shit just yet.

KR has been an utter waste of space and on top of that talks utter bollocks. It's not actually possible for the team to get any worse or for anyone to do a worse job.

It would cheer up a lot of fans if he went - I'm sure the players can manage quite happily without him.

I've heard that before Hoof, and it has, demonstrably, got worse.
    What are you talking about? We've lost three on the bounce and just lost to Blackpool who apparently haven't won at home since October.
    One win and four defeats in the last seven when we are meant to be pushing for promotion. Our football is embarrassing to watch.

Sick of people trying to excuse the ineptitude of KR. We're not even competitive in L1 against the supposedly weaker teams.

• Watched something wonderful from The Valley tonight. The Who 1974 concert.

We need to get that idiot to sell asap. Time to support ROT.
  • In the match thread someone posted that we are "a steaming pile of dog shite"

For me the post of the day by a long shot.

Talking of long shots did we actually have any?

Sorry but I find that offensive.

It's dogshit- the extra 'e' isn’t needed.
  • You will all be trotting down to the Valley on Saturday after a nights sleep for more pain and misery.

Free your souls and join the boycott

#notapennymore

I don't want us to keep sacking managers either, but nothing about Robinson convinces me he can take us up. Even with a bigger budget and a better owner.
  • Let's not forget Rowland doesn't do falure!!!!!
  • Scoham said:

Still no quotes from Robinson's post match interview?

Pity usually the only creativity he ever shows.
  • Their first win at home in five months. Wow
  • Don't let him back on the coach. He can find a job working in Blackpool with Joe Longthorne on the North Pier
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't wait for Saturday so I can boo VERY loudly. Just wished I sat in the West Stand so I could really give KR a mouthful.

1 win in 7. 1 goal in 3 games. 3 defeats on the spin. That is utter dog turd. Not only are we losing games we are not even threatening to score. As I said after Saturday, the new club initiative should be to pick a fan from the stands every week & they get to pick the side & give the team talk. I reckon they would do a better job than this clown we have. Probably worse manager in CAFC history - Karyle Fraye was foreign & had no knowledge of League football and still did a better job.

2 strikers in the team & he still plays 1 up front. I'm seething. 3 weeks ago we won at MK & went 6th - we are now 5 points of 6th and come Easter I reckon we'll be bottom half.

Next season we once again have the Checkatrade Trophy to look forward to as well as losing to Concord Rangers in the first round of the FA cup in the first week of November.

As they say about Brexit - No manager is better than a bad manager. If KR had any decency he'd stay up in the North West &not show his face ever again in SE7.
  • I was following game on match thread and decided to go out and shovel the 6 inches of now we had today with 5 mins left. I was going to post 'cue the injury time goal' but didn't ! How predictable are we. I would love to see a new owner and manager come in asap to see if they can get us into the playoffs. Wishful thinking !
  • For me he is the worse manager under this poxy regime. At least Fraeye had the excuse of not knowing the League & not having a transfer window.
  • At least Karel Fraeye had more than 1 formation in his pocket, unlike Robinson

Do you still think he’ll turn it around ?
  • shirty5 said:

Don't let him back on the coach. He can find a job working in Blackpool with Joe Longthorne on the North Pier

Bound to end up as their manager sooner or later - every yes man does eventually. Looks like he has now injured Solly good and proper, and Lewis Page can now return to his job as party organiser for a while - Robbo was always having injury crises at MK fc as well.
  • Minimum of 7 points needed from the next 3 games....and then Mavididi will be back for the tougher April fixtures if we can stay in contention by then.

It's very bad when you realise how shite we are with out our best striker and best defender who are both young kids on loan and not actually our players.
  • At least Karel Fraeye had more than 1 formation in his pocket, unlike Robinson

and he asn’t afraid to deliver them to his players mid-game by the medium of handwriting