Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton 13/3/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options

Season now officially fizzled out. What a shame after a promising start. KR shown up as a superficial buffoon despite being unlucky with injuries. Big signings are turkeys. Same old same old. Sod off Roland. Not sure I can be bothered Saturday now.

Spot on Billy. He's just a lower league, poor man's Pardew. All hyperbole, no substance.
  • Options

Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?

I wouldn't want to see the manager sacked.
    Do you still think he’ll turn it around ?
    He might well do. The problem is, everytime we get a manager, eventually he ends up being "the worst manager we've ever had" or being "tactically limited". If you actually examined Charlton Life since its inception, you'd find that every manager we've ever had is terrible.

We are under-achieving this season, but the instant "just sack him" comments we get on here are so moronic and lacking any intellect.
    You're right It's a huge overreaction. I love your use of the word 'instant' - this is obviously just a very large blip. We've played some great football under KR and been very unlucky with injuries and giving goals away in injury time. If we'd won more games we would have been top of the league and we need to give Karl more time. If we get rid of him now it could derail our promotion push.

In Karl we trust!
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    Strange how week in week out KR has said that he knows nothing about the takeover and now drops this grenade into his presser after a spineless, gutless performance. Blame it on the takeover! Smoke and mirrors.
    Putting it mildly, I would say all lines of communication coning out of the club are dubious.

It is hard not to criticise Robinson with all the mumbo jumbo that he trots out.

If Duchatelet issued a statement saying he was selling next week I'd not believe it.

The fans are being taken for a ride.

Less than 7000 bums on seats for Fleetwood.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Nug said:

Scoham said:
    I got to one minute and lost the will.
    I clicked on the link and inmediately closed it. Can’t be bothered reading the same old bollocks churned out week after week. He’s not good enough end of.
  • Options
    I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of this complete and utter shit show of a club.

Match day should be something that takes you away from the farcical off field carry on. But as always, Robinson never fails to disappoint. Can’t change his formation and can’t get a reaction from his players.

Not one of those players has any fire in their belly. It’s the same every week. We can’t get the basics right.

Roly doesnt usually have a problem pulling the trigger, hopefully he will do it one more time before he sells.
  • Options
    For the life of me how can some fans keep defending Robinson and giving a case for why they would they keep him on if and when there is new owners.

The players are clearly not the playing for him. Just leave NOW Robinson
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LouisMend said:
    What a surprise - Robinson taking responsibility.... just like he does every week, yet doesn’t do anything about it.
  • Options

In some respects I feel sorry for KR as all the fans want is the owner to go & KR knows that when he does the new owners will be getting rid of him as well.

HOWEVER, saying that players careers are on the line because of the uncertainty is utter bullshit. The best way a player can secure his future (at this or a new club in the summer) is to play well, give 100% and TRY. The players are doing the complete opposite & only have themselves to blame if they are not offered new contracts in the summer. Players like Reeves & Marshall we brought it on good money & neither have looked anything more than a bang average League 1 player.

Agree Golfie. I don’t have any sympathy for him though. He knew who he was getting in to bed with. He’s hardly selling himself as a manager to new owners either. If he wants a modicum of respect he should just resign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In some respects I feel sorry for KR as all the fans want is the owner to go & KR knows that when he does the new owners will be getting rid of him as well.

HOWEVER, saying that players careers are on the line because of the uncertainty is utter bullshit. The best way a player can secure his future (at this or a new club in the summer) is to play well, give 100% and TRY. The players are doing the complete opposite & only have themselves to blame if they are not offered new contracts in the summer. Players like Reeves & Marshall we brought it on good money & neither have looked anything more than a bang average League 1 player.

Agree Golfie. I don’t have any sympathy for him though. He knew who he was getting in to bed with. He’s hardly selling himself as a manager to new owners either. If he wants a modicum of respect he should just resign.
    250k upwards against his self respect.

I know what is going to come out in front.
  • Options
    Rival shamble club Blackpool come out top in dysfunctional club derby. Nothing new there then.
  • Options
    He can’t be sacked anyway. There’s no CEO to sack him and the bloke who would have paid him out has gone to Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Robinson and the players should reimburse the fans who made the trip last night.

Also wtf is this comment about:

"Even though we’re still in a better position than we were but I think because of how we started the expectation levels have been risen so high"

Better position than what? We've won 4 out of 17 games and we're closer to the relegation zone in league one than we are to the top 3.

Expectation levels so high? Is the expectation for a club of our size to at least challenge for a promotion place in league one really 'so high' when you see the likes of Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Peterborough making a better go of it than we are.

Absolute bollocks. Sadly we're stuck with this clown because the owner doesn't care and won't pay him off to go whilst we're in takeover talks.

Four in 18 now. Agree with you though.
  • Options
    Five defenders?!
  • Options
    Smoke and mirrors from him again. Have to disentangle the take over and the performances in the pitch.
    He served up more shit last night and has done for the last 20 games. This is his team, his squad, his formation, his coaching and his tactics. The here and now falls on him and in most other clubs I imagine they would be looking to make the change now.
    Talking about the takeover and position of it and how it effects players livelihoods is bs, he has said in the past how all they do as a management team and squad is focus on the now and deal with what they control.
  • Options

Robinson and the players should reimburse the fans who made the trip last night.

"Even though we’re still in a better position than we were but I think because of how we started the expectation levels have been risen so high"

Better position than what? We've won 4 out of 17 games and we're closer to the relegation zone in league one than we are to the top 3.

Expectation levels so high? Is the expectation for a club of our size to at least challenge for a promotion place in league one really 'so high' when you see the likes of Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Peterborough making a better go of it than we are.

Absolute bollocks. Sadly we're stuck with this clown because the owner doesn't care and won't pay him off to go whilst we're in takeover talks.

He means before he joined. He's garrulous but not articulate, so his pronouncements often don't come out right. For example 'players careers are on the line' sounds like 'their whole career in football is on the line' whereas he should have said 'they want to know where they're going to be next season'. He's nowhere near as good a communicator as he thinks he is.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    He does realise its not an actual buck that we are eating doesn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Said it at the time. Murray's updates have only been to quieten the protests only telling us what we wanted to hear.

For fuck sake the club's on it's arse and we're on course to finish below Gillingham to complete another humiliating season.

Seriously the only thing we've not done yet is lose to Accrington Stanley - give that a year too and it might happen!

Protests need to resume until we see the takeover announced on the website. RD and RM have played us all for fools.
    Clearly Duchatelet the greedy pathetic loser has been gambling for more money and has lost. I can't think of any other explanation. We need to step up the fight against him.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

He means before he joined. He's garrulous but not articulate, so his pronouncements often don't come out right. For example 'players careers are on the line' sounds like 'their whole career in football is on the line' whereas he should have said 'they want to know where they're going to be next season'. He's nowhere near as good a communicator as he thinks he is.
    If KR had any basic intelligence he would learn to keep his mouth shut - the more he talks the worse he sounds. The man is a buffoon - he might be a lovely bloke but as a football manager I think he's inept.

We had a far worse squad under Parkinson but managed to get into the playoffs and there was some recognisable team spirit. The club was in a mess then.

RD's crap ownership doesn't excuse KR's shoddy management reign. We are a shambles and I feel nothing for this current set of players. We're embarrassing to watch....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Not bothering Saturday
    Indoors with the rugby.

Nor me. Football club reunion instead - I was wavering but it’s an easy choice now.

So no bread pudding or brownies at half time Saturday - sorry @Airman Brown.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

That's questionable though.

Having just looked this up, he took us over after Nugent had done well as caretaker, we were in 11th and THREE points off the play offs.

We finished the season 13th and 13 points off Millwall in 6th.

We're now 8th, FIVE points off the play offs.

So in points terms, we were actually closer to the top 6 BEFORE he took over. So it's yet more bullshit from him.
    Stats, but he improved us from the Slade era for a time at least, that's a given. Until the last 18 matches basically.
    Remember what it was like on this forum when we were second or third and on a roll? Before injuries showed up our shallow squad and his inflexibility?
  • Options
    Saturday will be very interesting with Solly | Page | Pearce all out...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16084576.charlton-injury-update-the-latest-on-lewis-page-chris-solly-and-jason-pearce/

Can only imagine the Defence will be:

Konsa | Bauer | Lennon | Sarr
  • Options

Saturday will be very interesting with Solly | Page | Pearce all out...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16084576.charlton-injury-update-the-latest-on-lewis-page-chris-solly-and-jason-pearce/

Can only imagine the Defence will be:

Konsa | Bauer | Lennon | Sarr

Doesn't seem to make much difference who plays at present - at least all the players are having a chance to join in.

Season needs to end asap...
  • Options
    When the extra time board went up at the end I thought “just enough time for them to score the winner“ so it’s all my fault, nothing to do with the shit performance.