Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options

Charlton vs Racing Club de Paris. May 1946 in Paris. 

Kneeling second from left is, I'm sure Charlie Revell, my sports teacher in the early 1960's at Graham Road Boy's school, Bexleyheath.
    Lovely man.
  • Options
    Champions 
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Charlton vs Racing Club de Paris. May 1946 in Paris. 
    Great Photo.  We have Arthur Turner's copy plus the trophy Paris presented to us in the museum.

• Options

26th of April 1947. Charlton fans depart from the Rubel pub, Woolwich Road on the way to Wembley

They are fantastic Colin @Lewis Coaches

Can we have copies for the museum.

Where was the Rubel Pub? (Don't say "On Woolwich Road")
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm sure I saw you in the same jacket last year.

Cheapskate.
    some of us stay the same size my friend.
    Touché
  • Options

26th of April 1947. Charlton fans depart from the Rubel pub, Woolwich Road on the way to Wembley

Roupell?
  • Options

Roupell?
    Yes probably Roupell Arms. Changed its name to The Pickwick before closing. 
  • Options
    Roupell is correct as you say,  it was last called the Pickwick just along from victoria way on The Woolwich Rd.
  • Options

of course you can........i can also give you names of 6 of the people in the photo with the coach,five of which are uncles of mine and another poster on here......The other guy was a barman in the pub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AshBurton said:
    Came across some old newspaper clippings today while searching for a "Me at 20" photo. These may have been posted before, but are all from local and national coverage of the return to the Valley. Anyone in these?

Don't think Dean ever lived down that photo of him crying.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Just lifted this from the I'm from SE London facebook page.
    Not dated.

Looks like flood lights. Didn't they arrive in 1961? I can't remember when the old houses were bulldozed and the new flats built. I should do as I had family living in one of them. 
  • Options
    Floodlights were earlier, 1962 ish.

So not the 1953 floods, maybe 1965?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    If my memory serves me, think it was Simbo to Deans left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shrew said:
    Middle of photo Mark and Steve from CASC train .Spoke with Tom yesterday will ask him what photos he has of the fans next time in contact with him.
  • Options
    I was in that conga but not it shot
  • Options
    Not sure whether this snap is classified as old but it was taken when we played Lyngby in 2000? 

• Options
    Shrew said:
    Looks like him 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Me and Simbo in the guardian newspaper,think they used the photo to put on the back cover of the Valley of tears book,still waiting for a small kick back.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Recognise all 4 faces in this pic 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Middle of photo Mark and Steve from CASC train .Spoke with Tom yesterday will ask him what photos he has of the fans next time in contact with him.
    Can now put afew more faces to a name having just seen the press photo taken by Tom Morris

Indeed it is Mark and Steve in the middle of the photo ,Steve passed away afew years ago RIP Steve.

Directly in front of Steve dancing in the conga is the sister of a former SKY employee who is holding onto the daughter of a coach steward.At the back of the conga is a certain Valley Party helper.

• Options

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Any ideas as to when this was.