Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    PLEASE take Lamar.
  • Options
    Yes Ravens. Here we go...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ravens trade up to 32 from the Eagles.
  • Options
    Ozzie getting aggressive in his last draft! At last. YESSSS!!!!
  • Options
    Ravens pick is in.
  • Options
    Ravens take Lamar Jackson.
  • Options
    Get in, he deserves it. Be excited @The Red Robin
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    1. Cleveland Browns select Baker Mayfield, QB

2. New York Giants select Saquon Barkley, RB

3. New York Jets select Sam Darnold, QB

4. Cleveland Browns select Denzel Ward, CB

5. Denver Broncos select Bradley Chubb, DE

6. Indianapolis Colts select Quenton Nelson, OG

7. Buffalo Bills select Josh Allen, QB (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

8. Chicago Bears select Roquan Smith, LB

9. San Francisco 49ers select Mike McGlinchey, OT

10. Arizona Cardinals select Josh Rosen, QB (from Oakland Raiders)

11. Miami Dolphins select Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Vita Vea, DT

13. Washington Redskins select Da'Ron Payne DT

14. New Orleans select Marcus Davenport DE (from Green Bay)

15. Oakland Raiders select Kolton Miller, OT (from Arizona)

16. Buffalo Bills select Tremaine Edmunds, LB (from Baltimore)

17. Los Angeles Chargers select Derwin James, S

18. Green Bay Packers select Jaire Alexander, CB (from Seattle)

19. Dallas Cowboys select Leighton Vander Esch, LB

20. Detroit Lions select Frank Ragnow, C

21. Cincinnati Bengals select Billy Price, C

22. Tennessee Titans select Rashaan Evans, LB (from Baltimore)

23. New England Patriots select Isaiah Wynn, OT

24. Carolina Panthers select DJ Moore, WR

25. Baltimore Ravens select Hayden Hurst, TE (from Tennessee)

26. Atlanta Falcons select Calvin Ridley, WR

27. Seattle Seahawks select Rashaad Penny, RB (from Green Bay)

28. Pittsburgh Steelers select Terrell Edmunds, S

29. Jacksonville Jaguars select Taven Bryan, DT

30. Minnesota Vikings select Mike Hughes, CB

31. New England Patriots select Sony Michel, RB

32. Baltimore Ravens select Lamar Jackson, QB (from Philadelphia)
  • Options
    Very nice draft for Ravens!
  • Options
    Day 1 complete. See ya tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Admire those of you in England staying up to watch this!
  • Options
    Boom! What an end to the night. I take it all back, well played Ozzie but that was a risky strategy. One more year of Flacco if he makes it that far. Absolute steal that. This boy is going to prove a lot of people wrong. Excited, going to bed.
  • Options
    LOL, ESPN has a Josh Rosen quote already.... "There were nine mistakes taken before me." Hahaha.
  • Options
    Happy with picking up a centre, much needed. My only concern is that he is injured so I will assume that it is more serious that projected and we will end up with yet another year of a first rounder being out.
  • Options

Happy with picking up a centre, much needed. My only concern is that he is injured so I will assume that it is more serious that projected and we will end up with yet another year of a first rounder being out.

The Bengals way.

Sorry, feeling very smug this morning.
  • Options
    Surprised nobody picked up Josh Jackson tbh
  • Options

Surprised nobody picked up Josh Jackson tbh

Me too. Thought the Patriots, Seahawks or Packers might go for him.
  • Options
    As a Browns fan, the good news was that I was tucked up in bed by 0145, the morning after I still dont know what to make of it.

I mean I can understand Baker Mayfield to a degree as QB so was only midly surprised by that. I also get the need for a corner back but was no way expecting 'hometown' boy Denzel Ward?

Anyway its given everyone else a laugh I suppose and classic Cleveland.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

As a Browns fan, the good news was that I was tucked up in bed by 0145, the morning after I still dont know what to make of it.

I mean I can understand Baker Mayfield to a degree as QB so was only midly surprised by that. I also get the need for a corner back but was no way expecting 'hometown' boy Denzel Ward?

I can weirdly understand the Mayfield pick more than the Ward one. Garrett and Chubb of the edges together would've taken some stopping.
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

I can weirdly understand the Mayfield pick more than the Ward one. Garrett and Chubb of the edges together would've taken some stopping.
    To be fair, the Browns rush D/D-line (Garrett, Ogbah) was probably their strength last year. With the FA pieces they've added (Taylor, Landry, even say Gordon back in the fold) and such in the pass offense, a decent run game with Duke etc, CB looks like a good choice. The secondary badly needed some reinforcement.

There are still loads of rounds to go and a lovely amount of draft capital. There are some big needs still of course, but I'd be fairly happy if I were a Browns fan right now. I hope they can find someone to draft so Jabrill Peppers plays in his rightful position, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Denzel Ward pick is not so leftfield.

Looking at the 6 mock drafts on NFL.COM he was predicted to be drafted in positions 5,8,8,9,12,12

Think they could have afforded to go Saquon with first pick and still got QB of choice in position 4
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Looking at the 6 mock drafts on NFL.COM he was predicted to be drafted in positions 5,8,8,9,12,12

Think they could have afforded to go Saquon with first pick and still got QB of choice in position 4

We’ll never know, I’m pretty sure the Jets were high on Baker too, whether it was Darnold above all or not I’m not sure.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

We’ll never know, I’m pretty sure the Jets were high on Baker too, whether it was Darnold above all or not I’m not sure.
    I think they were so high on Mayfield because they assumed Darnold would go at 1 or 2.
  • Options

The Bengals way.

Sorry, feeling very smug this morning.
    And rightly so sir, very good couple of picks. Give it a couple of years and the AFC North could well be the NFL'S toughest division. Providing Mayfield shows his true form and not Browns QB form!!!
  • Options
    Caught Josh Allen playing a game for Wyoming when I was over in Iowa last year - looked classy but had a stinking game. Someone I'll be keeping an eye out for for sure.

Buzzing that Bears got Roquan Smith at 8th... fills a need as well, dare I say we might be a competitive team next year? Fingers crossed we hoover up some O-Linemen with the remaining picks.
  • Options
    End of an era. TE now even more of a priority in the draft. Wish this had been kept under wraps until at least tomorrow.

• Options
    edited April 2018

End of an era. TE now even more of a priority in the draft. Wish this had been kept under wraps until at least tomorrow.

Two good tight ends available in the second. He's been a good player for the Cowboys. Although maybe Cowboys already have one.

• Options
    There's a lot of hype around Gathers but I think it would be silly to put all the eggs into his basket. Hopefully they draft a tight end at some point today.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

There's a lot of hype around Gathers but I think it would be silly to put all the eggs into his basket. Hopefully they draft a tight end at some point today.

Still some very good TEs on the board, Gesicki, Goedert and Andrews have all been considered TE1 at some point.