Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

I hardly think it's crickets darkest day. I think people were desperate to stick it to this team though

Quite.

Doesn't compare to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Sri_Lanka_national_cricket_team
  • Options
    Aussie struggling at 86-6. Shame.
  • Options
    7 down now
  • Options
    al over tonight methinks.
  • Options
    now 7 for 29 in 13 overs.
  • Options
    94-8 ha ha ha
  • Options
    Aussies now lost eight wickets for 37 runs.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Even funnier followed by a run out!

94-9
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Aussie struggling at 86-6. Shame.

Riv, i thought you were a closet Australia fan?
  • Options
    37-9....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the Aussies are, effectively, 47-9. Even we made 52 to lose our last 10 wickets!
  • Options

So the Aussies are, effectively, 4737-9. Even we made 52 to lose our last 10 wickets!

37-9....

Edit - maths was never my strong point!
  • Options
    95 all out.

Lost ten wickets for 38 runs.
  • Options

95 all out.

Lost ten wickets for 38 runs.

It's almost as if they had something on their minds
  • Options
    Laugh.
    Couldnt happen to a nicer team.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I hardly think it's crickets darkest day. I think people were desperate to stick it to this team though

Is there a worse case of cheating - ie a captain transgressing the laws in order to improve his chances of winning - any time since, say, the war?

I can't think of any.
  • Options
    Shame the Aussies had a review left - it would have been good for an English umpire to do them an injustice.
  • Options
    Let hope the other Aussies supposedly announced tomorrow dont collape in the same way.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Is there a worse case of cheating - ie a captain transgressing the laws in order to improve his chances of winning - any time since, say, the war?

I can't think of any.
    Maybe trying to fix the game might be right up there. However, the 'winning' bit might not be relevant.
  • Options
    Reviewed and overturned. Injustice... Aussies have eight more runs since then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is it!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    107 all out this time. Caught out so no review.

Still lost 10 wickets for 50 runs.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

I can't think of any.
    Atherton?

And match fixing is worse. Cronje for example

Wasn't there an incident between England and India with jelly beans? Weren't they for the same reason
  • Options
    My kids told me today that Cape Town is 'overrun' with Aussies at moment - not quite Barmy Army levels - but i bet they dont have the same dark humour that the BA have come to adopt following England.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

I can't think of any.
    Atherton?

Wasn't there an incident between England and India with jelly beans? Weren't they for the same reason
    Match fixing is deplorable, but it falls outside the definition I gave. Atherton's dirt-in-pocket was wrong, but is a lesser offence (in my opinion) than what Smith and co did in this match.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

I can't think of any.
    Atherton?

Match fixing is deplorable, but it falls outside the definition I gave. Atherton's dirt-in-pocket was wrong, but is a lesser offence (in my opinion) than what Smith and co did in this match.
    I agree, this was a root and branch senior team decision to cheat, and lump it on the least experienced batsman.

Who used the bottle top to damage the ball?
  • Options
    What seams so bad to me in this instance is that it was not the action of an individual.
    It would appear the whole team agreed to it.
    I would like to believe that someone would have said something to stop it happening but apparently not.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

I can't think of any.
    Atherton?

I agree, this was a root and branch senior team decision to cheat, and lump it on the least experienced batsman.

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

Chizz said:

McBobbin said:

I can't think of any.
    Atherton?

Imran khan admitted to using a bottle top in a county match in 1981, playing for Sussex. He's further demonstrated how untrustworthy he is since then, by taking up a career in politics.
    Typical Sussex, can't be trusted
  • Options
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22908218/steven-smith-david-warner-face-life-ban-ca

"Smith, Warner could face life ban from CA

An ICC suspension from the final Test against South Africa may be just the start of sanctions for Australia's captain Steven Smith, who alongside his deputy David Warner faces anything up to a life ban for cheating under Cricket Australia's code of behaviour."