Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like it isn’t the first time they have done it....
  • Options
    I did wonder that too Riv, but quickly remembered who I was wondering about and he must have been involved. Warner’s face too when the umpires are talking to Bancroft. Look of knowing. Feel for Bancroft as he’s defo the fall guy and the whole bit about him being nervous about doing it only reflects badly on smith and this senior leadership team. Smith won’t be captain in the summer.

Meanwhile, in New Zealand, England messing up again for 2nd innings. 94-2
  • Options

If a couple of Pakistan cricketers were caught cheating like this they would be given lengthy bans.
    I hope that the Australian pair are both banned for 12 months.

12 months!!!
    More like 12 years.
  • Options

I did wonder that too Riv, but quickly remembered who I was wondering about and he must have been involved. Warner’s face too when the umpires are talking to Bancroft. Look of knowing. Feel for Bancroft as he’s defo the fall guy and the whole bit about him being nervous about doing it only reflects badly on smith and this senior leadership team. Smith won’t be captain in the summer.

Meanwhile, in New Zealand, England messing up again for 2nd innings. 94-2

A bit harsh suzi.....94-2 isn't a bad score in any form of cricket.
    Not great but not bad by any means.
  • Options
    The sheer stunningly amateurish incompetence of how it was done is also beyond belief....BRIGHT YELLOW TAPE....Jesus, the average 10 year old could have done better!
    What the hell were they thinking, it's almost as if they WANTED to be found out.
  • Options

If a couple of Pakistan cricketers were caught cheating like this they would be given lengthy bans.
    I hope that the Australian pair are both banned for 12 months.

12 months!!!
    More like 12 years.
    In the old days we would just send them to Australia!
  • Options
    132-2 Root 51* Malan 19*

Root thugh has just been hit on the fingers and it doesn't look good.
  • Options
    Root just got to his 50.

In other news Smith and Warner have both stepped down for the rest of the test v SA.
  • Options
    He's OK - two balls to go of the day.
  • Options
    Unbelievable - he's nicked it down the leg side very next ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same glove he got hit on.
  • Options

Root just got to his 50.

In other news Smith and Warner have both stepped down for the rest of the test v SA.

They gonna play with 9 men ?!
  • Options

Root just got to his 50.

As captain and vice captain. The clue to the whole situation I would suggest is Warner.
  • Options

Root just got to his 50.

Just heard it on the radio I guess they'll still be playing. Paine is now captain.
  • Options
    Fallout commences...Smith sacked as Rajasthan Royals captain.
  • Options
    SA 389 runs ahead at lunch with 3 wickets left.
  • Options
    SA all out 429 runs ahead.

Bancroft to bat in 10 mins - i wonder what sort of reception him and Warner will get !
  • Options
    Stuart Broad pours scorn on Aussie double standards....
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1141615.html
  • Options
    Smith fined 100% of his match fee and a one match Test ban. Bancroft 75% fine and 3 demerit points. Warner nothing - so far!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty lucky to only get a 1 match ban. Especially when Rabada got a 2 match ban for basically being a bit aggressive which i know was overturned on appeal but even so, how's that worse than ball tampering and cheating?

The damage to his reputation will however, be far worse. Also read Smith has been sacked as captain of his IPL team.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Chizz said:

Riviera said:

Has anybody considered the possibility that Bancroft may have been acting alone and Smith has done the decent thing as captain and taken the rap for his young, inexperienced charge?

So you're saying he's not a cheat, he's just a liar?
    I am not saying anything! Just putting over a different point of view.
    Perhaps I didn't phrase that very well.

Your alternative scenario isn't much better. Either way Smith's a cheat or a liar.

And, in all likelihood, both.
  • Options

Smith fined 100% of his match fee and a one match Test ban. Bancroft 75% fine and 3 demerit points. Warner nothing - so far!

No more than a slap on the wrist!
  • Options

Pretty lucky to only get a 1 match ban. Especially when Rabada got a 2 match ban for basically being a bit aggressive which i know was overturned on appeal but even so, how's that worse than ball tampering and cheating?

The damage to his reputation will however, be far worse. Also read Smith has been sacked as captain of his IPL team.

A pathetic punishment for Smith really

To be fair, Rabada's ban was cumulative (based on points) rather than just for the barging incident
  • Options
    As there is only one Test left, SMith will no doubt fly home.

Aus having an Englandesque collapse from 57-0 to 77-5
  • Options
    I hardly think it's crickets darkest day. I think people were desperate to stick it to this team though
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

No more than a slap on the wrist!
    Punishment is fine with me. It goes on all the time and always has and always will. The important thing for me is that Smith doesn't captain Aussie again.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I hardly think it's crickets darkest day. I think people were desperate to stick it to this team though

Yeah, they are(were) quite an obnoxious team, Warner and Smith being the leaders of their attitude,and all i've seen is brickbats being thrown at them from all parts of the glove.

Aus currently look like a rabbit in the headlights.
    Shame.
  • Options
    86-6 now. I guess it's understandable that the Australian batsmen are a bit distracted!