Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tight fisted gits

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

@Curb_It

Your last two posts both have very suspect phrases. Are you doing it on purpose? ;0)

No!

Let me think of another. I could talk about this knob for hours.,
    Thought for a second you were talking about me
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Curb_It said:

@Curb_It

Your last two posts both have very suspect phrases. Are you doing it on purpose? ;0)

No!

Let me think of another. I could talk about this knob for hours.,
    Thought for a second you were talking about me
    Don't get me started.
  • Options

I love this thread.

I'll sub you a 50 if you're a bit short

; )
  • Options
    Everyone on the Kodi thread !!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

razil said:

I dont mind when a pal is in need and have shouted drinks for this kind of things many times. It's funny how what curbit says is true, there are some that make themselves strangely scarce when its their turn to buy the round, and when they are bought drinks they always have the most expensive lager. Silly thing to do in a group of 'mates' as you will soon find the invites out become very scarce..

Yes of course, a friend in need and all that. Many times. But this whopper took the biscuit.

When we were staying at their house once, we had helped ourselves to a glass of their cheapo wine each before we went to bed after the pub. They made us pay for the wine before we left the following morning. I had to borrow the 8 quid off my dad because I didn't have any cash and Ian had walked out in disgust and was sat waiting in the car.

Still cringe at that one.

I'm having horrors about actually typing this in case you know... ever gets spotted. Please don't quote this as I may well delete later.
    Would have loved to have seen Ian’s face!
  • Options

Another ex-work colleague of mine, Jack - one time about 10 of us from work went out for a meal which came to about £18 or so a head so everybody just rounded up and put in £20 each, some even put in a few quid extra to leave a tip.

Except for Jack who kind of watched and waited while everybody else grabbed there wallets, purses, bags, coats, finishing drinks etc as you would when about to settle up the bill, and by the time all the money had been collected from the rest of us including all the tip money it had actually just about covered the whole bill in total including Jack's share of the bill and still had a couple of quid or so left over for the tip but obviously nowhere near the amount it would have been.

I noticed it, not sure if anybody else did but I didn't bother saying anything, I just laughed to myself how Jack had somehow managed to pull off a free meal at the expense of others without anybody else noticing.

There was also another guy I used to work with called Patrick, if there was ever a group of us going to Nando's at lunchtime he would make sure he was first in the queue and therefore the first to have his food brought out. At times there would be a good 16-20 of us or so and it could take quite a while for everyone to be served and there food brought out.

He would wolf down his food quickly as well, sometimes so quickly that he would finish his food before the last person in the group had even received there order. When this happened, he would leave his empty plate elsewhere and flag down a waitress and demand to know why he had not received his order even though he had already wolfed it down! More often than not he would say it would be too late to re-order as he'd have to get back to work and would insist on a refund which he often got as well! Or if he was still hungry he'd have his order brought out again. It was probably the fact there was so many of us there each time he would get away with it!

I have one a bit similar to that - worked in retail years ago and a some of us would go out for something to eat and a drink in the Wetherspoons opposite after work pretty often.

One guy never used to order food, when the waitress would bring food out and say "burger and chips?" or whatever, he'd say yes, take the food, then whoever didn't get their food would complain it hadn't come out and get another one. We were a big group and normally spread across about 6 tables, so he used to get away with it and I don't think half of the lot with us even got what he was up to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another ex-work colleague of mine, Jack - one time about 10 of us from work went out for a meal which came to about £18 or so a head so everybody just rounded up and put in £20 each, some even put in a few quid extra to leave a tip.

Except for Jack who kind of watched and waited while everybody else grabbed there wallets, purses, bags, coats, finishing drinks etc as you would when about to settle up the bill, and by the time all the money had been collected from the rest of us including all the tip money it had actually just about covered the whole bill in total including Jack's share of the bill and still had a couple of quid or so left over for the tip but obviously nowhere near the amount it would have been.

I noticed it, not sure if anybody else did but I didn't bother saying anything, I just laughed to myself how Jack had somehow managed to pull off a free meal at the expense of others without anybody else noticing.

There was also another guy I used to work with called Patrick, if there was ever a group of us going to Nando's at lunchtime he would make sure he was first in the queue and therefore the first to have his food brought out. At times there would be a good 16-20 of us or so and it could take quite a while for everyone to be served and there food brought out.

He would wolf down his food quickly as well, sometimes so quickly that he would finish his food before the last person in the group had even received there order. When this happened, he would leave his empty plate elsewhere and flag down a waitress and demand to know why he had not received his order even though he had already wolfed it down! More often than not he would say it would be too late to re-order as he'd have to get back to work and would insist on a refund which he often got as well! Or if he was still hungry he'd have his order brought out again. It was probably the fact there was so many of us there each time he would get away with it!

I have one a bit similar to that - worked in retail years ago and a some of us would go out for something to eat and a drink in the Wetherspoons opposite after work pretty often.

One guy never used to order food, when the waitress would bring food out and say "burger and chips?" or whatever, he'd say yes, take the food, then whoever didn't get their food would complain it hadn't come out and get another one. We were a big group and normally spread across about 6 tables, so he used to get away with it and I don't think half of the lot with us even got what he was up to.
    That's understandable, have you seen those prices in wetherspoons?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    In my circle of friends from school (we left 24 years ago now WTF!) there's one lad who was notorious for not putting his hands in his pockets. Whenever the group went out for a meal, someone would add the bill up with the tip, divide it by the number of people and let everyone know what everyone had to pay. How it works with each and every one of you. Easy, everyone sticks their money in. Not quite. Everyone stuck their money in...apart from one. Every time. Its a bit of a long running joke now. He's much better now but it has gone on for years and not one of us had picked him up on it. Anyway, back to current times, my brothers stag do. Went karting and he paid me late, not by a couple of days but by a month. Went out afterwards, it turns out he put no money in the whip and at the end of the night in the restaurant, someone mysteriously hadn't paid and to save a scene, one of my other mates covered it. Unfortunately, I was outside with my brother as was in a coma by that stage with his head between his knees struggling to stay concscious. It was only at the wedding did one of the other lads tell me what the score was with the whip and the restaurant. I was raging. Have since reimbursed my other friend. Surely at the age of 41, people know how to behave?
    I need to revisit this.

2 years later.  Same group of friends and the same fella is still at his cheap-skate best.  Was drinking around London Bridge on Friday night.  It was only until last night at dinner when my wife asked me 'oh btw, did <the fella> buy a round or did you let him get away with it again?'

FFS.  Every f'ing time.  I racked my brains.  I bought the first, A got the second, T bought the third... two other fellas turned up later and bought the next two... so I bought them 2 a pint before I jumped on the train home.  The fella got away scott free again after we vowed to crack down on his piss taking.

Messaged A and T last night whilst still at the dinner table.  Both confirmed they hadn't had a pint off of him before or after I left.  Christ almighty.  I know its only a round and we're all doing more than ok in life and he's maybe not been as fortunate but FFS, he takes the piss every time we go out.  I'd feel ashamed if I went out and didn't buy a round.  I'd feel even more ashamed knowing my friends were talking about me behind my back or even posting about it on a message board.

I'm going to have to say something to him, should have done years ago.  So bloody pissed off at him.  Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh.  
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I know someone on here who is exactly the same. He's well known on here.
    I was driving to Southend A some years back and was waiting at New Eltham station to pick up 3 others.
    He sees me and asks for a lift. I say fine as long as he chips in for petrol the same as the others. Obviously, he didn't.
    We get to Southend early and all buy a round, when it gets to said bloke's round he says he doesn't want another, although we all do, so says he will buy a round after. We were of course driving straight home.
    As we approach the ground he asks me if I will wait for him after the game because he intends to get in as a steward, so he doesn't have to pay and needs to wait until after the game to get paid.
    I waited about 15 minutes after then gave up waiting and left (before mobile phones).
    Another time I turned up at the Old Den for Millwall v Charlton.
    He's hanging around outside and asks if I'll pay for him to enter as he came to the game with no money and was apopletic that they wouldn't allow him in for nothing so he could be a steward.
    Then there was the time at Brentford when all but one bought a round.
    He's violently against car emissions and the like, but he'll search you out in the ground and ask for a lift home.
    What about the time .......
  • Options
    The is going back a few years - A mate of mine was out of work for over a year so on a weekend the rest of us would all stick a score in the whip and he'd get his drinks paid for out of it an all, but there was plenty of times when it would just be me and him out for the night and I would pay for everything, his beers etc, cabs, entry money if we went on to a club. Now and then, he'd have 20 or 30 quid and he'd buy a few rounds and get himself a pack of fags with it, and I'd top him up if he needed it. I genuinely didn't expect anything in return, as tbh, he ain't the only one I've done it for although I probably splashed out on him more than the others put together. Anyway, fast forward a few years, he grew up a bit and was in graft and earning decent dough, we still went on it at weekends and had a beer during the week, but it got to the point where I started to cut back a bit on spending for one reason or other and I was also getting a bit bored of it too, so week days was knocked on the head and I would just do the weekends. He's called me up one week day and asked if I fancied a beer and a curry that evening, cut the long story short, he said he would "treat me" to it (Literally about 3 / 4 beers and a basic ruby), well f*** me, if he didn't ask for 30 quid the following weekend for my share of the bill and I was gonna actually pay it until I thought, no bollocks and pulled him up, my main reason being, he told me he would treat me to it, let alone the nights and weekends that I'd bailed him out. Since then, we've probably spoken 2 or 3 times, he did do well out of that deal 
  • Options
    No good deed goes unpunished 
  • Options
    I was driving to Southend A some years back and was waiting at New Eltham station to pick up 3 others.
    He sees me and asks for a lift. I say fine as long as he chips in for petrol the same as the others. Obviously, he didn't.
    We get to Southend early and all buy a round, when it gets to said bloke's round he says he doesn't want another, although we all do, so says he will buy a round after. We were of course driving straight home.
    As we approach the ground he asks me if I will wait for him after the game because he intends to get in as a steward, so he doesn't have to pay and needs to wait until after the game to get paid.
    I waited about 15 minutes after then gave up waiting and left (before mobile phones).
    He's hanging around outside and asks if I'll pay for him to enter as he came to the game with no money and was apopletic that they wouldn't allow him in for nothing so he could be a steward.
    He's violently against car emissions and the like, but he'll search you out in the ground and ask for a lift home.
    When I worked nights over Davidsons Waste Paper, there was a geezer there who would take the piss out of car drivers for being suckered into paying out on road tax, fuel, insurance, when the public transport system in London was the best in the world (He lived in East London somewhere), but he'd still be at the gate at 4am waiting to be dropped off at the night bus stop down by the tunnel.
  • Options
    My personal favourite was following one of the midday Millwall ko’s about 15-20 of us ended up after the game down the Fanny on the Hill in welling. Very very drunk. About 7, 8 o clock I’m organising probably the fourth whip of the day and everyone chucked their notes in. All a bit of a blur after that but I ended up in a cab to another pub in Bexley. Next day put my jeans on and discovered a pocket full of notes. I’d effectively done a runner with the whip without buying a single person a drink. Never been allowed near a whip since !
    I have my suspicions about a work colleague who used to organise the whips on a night out, which seemed to run out increasingly quickly as the night wore on, and I got the distinct impression we were paying for his cab home.
    The best description I heard about meanness was from my mate who declared another mate was so tight he screwed his hat on if he went out in a breeze.  :)
  • Options
    There's a bloke at our work who will walk around a fair chunk of London so he can go past about 4 different food markets, grab all the free samples and then not need to buy lunch. 

Does it all the time, half the traders must know what he's up to but I guess if it's left out to try what can they do? 
  • Options
    There's some great ideas on here :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:
    My personal favourite was following one of the midday Millwall ko’s about 15-20 of us ended up after the game down the Fanny on the Hill in welling. Very very drunk. About 7, 8 o clock I’m organising probably the fourth whip of the day and everyone chucked their notes in. All a bit of a blur after that but I ended up in a cab to another pub in Bexley. Next day put my jeans on and discovered a pocket full of notes. I’d effectively done a runner with the whip without buying a single person a drink. Never been allowed near a whip since !
    I have my suspicions about a work colleague who used to organise the whips on a night out, which seemed to run out increasingly quickly as the night wore on, and I got the distinct impression we were paying for his cab home.
    The best description I heard about meanness was from my mate who declared another mate was so tight he screwed his hat on if he went out in a breeze.  :)
    a mate of mine always has to keep hold of the whip or he isn't interested in taking part, blatantly skims off of it.

• Options

I'm betting its Anna_Kissed, it seems like itd be wel tight.

• Options
    NAME. AND. SHAME!!!!
  • Options
    Maybe not cheering but salivating when one gets killed.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    In my circle of friends from school (we left 24 years ago now WTF!) there's one lad who was notorious for not putting his hands in his pockets. Whenever the group went out for a meal, someone would add the bill up with the tip, divide it by the number of people and let everyone know what everyone had to pay. How it works with each and every one of you. Easy, everyone sticks their money in. Not quite. Everyone stuck their money in...apart from one. Every time. Its a bit of a long running joke now. He's much better now but it has gone on for years and not one of us had picked him up on it. Anyway, back to current times, my brothers stag do. Went karting and he paid me late, not by a couple of days but by a month. Went out afterwards, it turns out he put no money in the whip and at the end of the night in the restaurant, someone mysteriously hadn't paid and to save a scene, one of my other mates covered it. Unfortunately, I was outside with my brother as was in a coma by that stage with his head between his knees struggling to stay concscious. It was only at the wedding did one of the other lads tell me what the score was with the whip and the restaurant. I was raging. Have since reimbursed my other friend. Surely at the age of 41, people know how to behave?
    I need to revisit this.

2 years later.  Same group of friends and the same fella is still at his cheap-skate best.  Was drinking around London Bridge on Friday night.  It was only until last night at dinner when my wife asked me 'oh btw, did <the fella> buy a round or did you let him get away with it again?'

FFS.  Every f'ing time.  I racked my brains.  I bought the first, A got the second, T bought the third... two other fellas turned up later and bought the next two... so I bought them 2 a pint before I jumped on the train home.  The fella got away scott free again after we vowed to crack down on his piss taking.

Messaged A and T last night whilst still at the dinner table.  Both confirmed they hadn't had a pint off of him before or after I left.  Christ almighty.  I know its only a round and we're all doing more than ok in life and he's maybe not been as fortunate but FFS, he takes the piss every time we go out.  I'd feel ashamed if I went out and didn't buy a round.  I'd feel even more ashamed knowing my friends were talking about me behind my back or even posting about it on a message board.

I'm going to have to say something to him, should have done years ago.  So bloody pissed off at him.  Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh.  
    Why the hell would you still be mates with someone like that?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Why the hell would you still be mates with someone like that?
    My wife said the self, same thing to me last night.
    Got no answer for it I'm afraid but yes, I do question it myself.
  • Options
    Maybe it’s easier to say if you’re not in the situation but I would just stop inviting him out.
  • Options
    Why are we so tolerant with tight fisted gits , the type of bloke who’s last to the bar , makes his drink last until time is called and then, shrug our shoulders and accept it.

• Options
    Easier if everyone just gets theirs and their partners. 

Whips annoy me, wanna drink at my own pace and know how much am spending.