Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

F1 and the Darts getting rid of the girls for 2018...

Comments

• Options

Find it all a bit pathetic but sadly it’s the way things are going.

Of course the use of ‘glamour girls’ are not necessary to any sporting occasion. But then again nor are MC’s, music, fireworks, mascots, dancers, hospitality, food and drinks, commentators and all other aspects that add to ‘the package’, whether that’s attending ot or watching at home.

We are heading for an age of fear and blandness. Let’s hope equality really is applied. I look forward to watching a prime time family entertainment programme like Take Me Out where a bloke doesn’t have to take his shirt off for 30 women to ogle and pass comment on his body. Or Loose Women where they have the butlers in the buff on.

But that’s all a bit of harmless fun, isn’t it?

There is a difference though isn't there? One, its not men who have been repressed for centuries. Two, those shows are clearly doing it as 'a bit of fun'. With the grid girls stuff, I'm not so sure is that harmless - there's no joke, or irony there, they are simply being put there for people to look at. It's a subtle distinction, maybe, but I think an important one to make when trying to understand the ways in which women are treated both fairly and unfairly.
    so it's man's turn and he's fair game?

All of it started as a bit of fun, do you not think the first every flag girls/walk out girls/ring girls were dreamt up with the event organisers saying "wouldn't it be fun to have..."
  • Options

Of course the use of ‘glamour girls’ are not necessary to any sporting occasion. But then again nor are MC’s, music, fireworks, mascots, dancers, hospitality, food and drinks, commentators and all other aspects that add to ‘the package’, whether that’s attending ot or watching at home.

We are heading for an age of fear and blandness. Let’s hope equality really is applied. I look forward to watching a prime time family entertainment programme like Take Me Out where a bloke doesn’t have to take his shirt off for 30 women to ogle and pass comment on his body. Or Loose Women where they have the butlers in the buff on.

There is a difference though isn't there? One, its not men who have been repressed for centuries. Two, those shows are clearly doing it as 'a bit of fun'. With the grid girls stuff, I'm not so sure is that harmless - there's no joke, or irony there, they are simply being put there for people to look at. It's a subtle distinction, maybe, but I think an important one to make when trying to understand the ways in which women are treated both fairly and unfairly.

All of it started as a bit of fun, do you not think the first every flag girls/walk out girls/ring girls were dreamt up with the event organisers saying "wouldn't it be fun to have..."
    Please explain to me where, anywhere, men are being repressed by women?
  • Options
    Bring back the girls
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

RedPanda said:

Replace them with guys in speedos and see if those same people complain

Already done in bike racing.image
    Was this because it was a female rider though?

I will resist the urge to say you can tell because she still has her stabilisers on :wink:
    And it looks like the bloke behind her is going to run behind to keep her steady at the start, and then let go when she isn't looking ;-)
  • Options

I'm simply saying you cannot use centuries of repression as a reason for what the flag girls etc do and naked butlers on loose women is repression / exploitation and a bit of fun.

• Options

I'm simply saying you cannot use centuries of repression as a reason for what the flag girls etc do and naked butlers on loose women is repression / exploitation and a bit of fun.

• Options
    edited January 2018

Repressed?

I genuinely don’t think a lot of you have had a night in London / Kent / Essex over the last 20-odd years.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that the grid girls are repressed women - thy are chooisng to do what they do. No one forces them.

Historically though, women's role in society has been one of servitude and as second class to men. That has changed A LOT over the last 50 to 100 years, but its effects are still present. They do not have 100% equality to men yet, and that is why people are more sensitive to instances of objectification of women. That's why I brought it up. People always cite examples of men doing similar things to these grid girls and somehow make that justification for the women doing the same thing. It's not. A) personally, I don't like seeing anyone being put to use in that fashion, male or female, and b) when the buff geezer, who is being objectified at 'work' just the same as the grid girl, puts his shirt back on, he gets to go back to being a normal man and have all the advantages that come with having a penis in our current society. The grid girl gets objectified in her role as a grid girl and then go home and still has to put up with all the other shit that women do that men largely do not.

Nobody on here is arguing that is alright for men to to be treated one way and women another, but that cuts both ways. The fact is though, in this particular instance, it is largely women being oggled and men oggling.
  • Options
    On the upside, it will give them time to get the household chores done a little bit quicker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Repressed?

I genuinely don’t think a lot of you have had a night in London / Kent / Essex over the last 20-odd years.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that the grid girls are repressed women - thy are chooisng to do what they do. No one forces them.

Historically though, women's role in society has been one of servitude and as second class to men. That has changed A LOT over the last 50 to 100 years, but its effects are still present. They do not have 100% equality to men yet, and that is why people are more sensitive to instances of objectification of women. That's why I brought it up. People always cite examples of men doing similar things to these grid girls and somehow make that justification for the women doing the same thing. It's not. A) personally, I don't like seeing anyone being put to use in that fashion, male or female, and b) when the buff geezer, who is being objectified at 'work' just the same as the grid girl, puts his shirt back on, he gets to go back to being a normal man and have all the advantages that come with having a penis in our current society. The grid girl gets objectified in her role as a grid girl and then go home and still has to put up with all the other shit that women do that men largely do not.

Nobody on here is arguing that is alright for men to to be treated one way and women another, but that cuts both ways. The fact is though, in this particular instance, it is largely women being oggled and men oggling.
    You want to come round my house for an evening mate - would blow your theory out of the water !!
  • Options

Repressed?

You want to come round my house for an evening mate - would blow your theory out of the water !!
    Does the missus make you keep your shirt off and Dickie bow on, then, even when you get home from work?
  • Options

Think the issue is more the young children that are watching the sports.

They see the men playing the sport and the women stood in their underwear looking pretty.

I've not seen walk on women in their underwear at the darts or F1.
  • Options

Repressed?

Does the missus make you keep your shirt off and Dickie bow on, then, even when you get home from work?
    Well I have to take my shirt off and put the dicky bow on another part of my body - it's very upsetting, especially in the summer when I have to water the patio plants and the neighbours can see me
  • Options

Repressed?

Well I have to take my shirt off and put the dicky bow on another part of my body - it's very upsetting, especially in the summer when I have to water the patio plants and the neighbours can see me
    Is one of those that spins round?
  • Options

Repressed?

Is one of those that spins round?
    Only when I'm excited - it glows as well, although I'm told I should see my doctor about that
  • Options
    Great debate guys,

I think award this one to the lads.

Well done
  • Options

Great debate guys,

Well done

Sexist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great debate guys,

Well done

You sexist bastard. The awards need to be distributed equally.
  • Options
    I don’t have sky sports so have not seen these walk on girls at the Darts.

Is it true they walk on topless, lead by a chain around their neck and then forced to fellate the scorer?
  • Options

Great debate guys,

Well done

Sexy.
    Cheers, Cal
  • Options

Great debate guys,

Well done

You sexy bastard. The awards need to be distributed equally.
    Cheers, Covo
  • Options

Think the issue is more the young children that are watching the sports.

They see the men playing the sport and the women stood in their underwear looking pretty.

Sorry, what channels that on?
    Probably SKY knowing my luck.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I don’t have sky sports so have not seen these walk on girls at the Darts.

Is it true they walk on topless, lead by a chain around their neck and then forced to fellate the scorer?

I don't know, but some look like they've had more pricks than the dart board
  • Options
    Couldn't they just keep the ones with the biggest tits.
  • Options
    Lollipop Lady looks like my auntie Kay