Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

1787980818284»

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Kap10 said:
    1-1 Durham keeper wipes out our player and after lengthy spell of treatment awards penalty

Scorer Bradley 
    1-1. Penalty after the Durham keeper went to punch the ball and hit Hutton harder than anything AJ threw last night. 
    I saw the highlights of this game whilst watching the Stevenage game yesterday.

It looked to me as though the keeper punched the ball cleanly and then there was a collision. Looked a terrible penalty decision, but would like to see it again.

Edit. Here it is , 1 min 25 in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_UhjV1qLo

That's never a penalty.  Keeper gets there first and cleanly punches the ball away before the three players collide.
    Ah well, makes up for the diving save the Blackpool player made in the men's game 24 hours beforehand! 
  • Full time 2-0 win. 4 wins from 4.

Moves us temporarily 3 points clear with London City playing at 2pm, who can close the gap to 2 points with a win.
  • Durham beating Birmingham 1-0 today puts us 5 clear of them already, when a season is only 20 games long that's huge, and I have no doubt they, alongside LCL are the biggest threat to our pursuit of promotion 
  • Just win the next 16 and we're promoted.

See that Palace had 5,000 at Selhurst for their WSL game v Chelsea yesterday.

They did lose 0 - 7
  • They've got the winning habit.

Great result today, made even better by Durham's win, and now they have a great opportunity on Wednesday in the League Cup against WSL opposition in Tottenham.
  • Was hoping to get to this one, but the early kickoff made it unrealistic. Great result. Let's go!
  • London city lose to Sunderland. 3 points clear at top, 5 ahead of London city. 
  • London lost so we are three points clear but newcastle, five points behind, have a game in hand.
  • Newcastle starting to look like they'll be in the mix at the top. A couple of crucial away games coming up against them and Lionesses.